Girlfriend wants to move to Australia......I dont!

Dave111

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do I do here. Ive been with my girlfriend for two years nearly and she's always said she was going to move to Australia. (we're from UK). I used to just think "yeah its just another phase she's going through" as she always seems to be obsessed with at least something all the time, but I think this is for real, and she is definatley planning to go away for good

her Brother immigrated there last year with his wife, and her parents want to move there too. I love this girl, but I know deep down that my home is here in Scotland with my family and friends and Im split down the middle as what to do about it.

how do I decide?

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
let it go, if she is willing to leave you and go there she doesn't love you enough for you to packup your life and folow her.

TedJustAdmitIt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes!

If she's willing to leave you to follow her dreams then you should do likewise.....let her go.

MidnightResistance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My LTR wanted to go and live in fvcking Russia!
I don't speak a word of anything besides English.
So I let her leave me in a really bad way...

I knew she was going to leave me, so I milked it for all the sympathy it was worth.
Now she's in Russia.
Now I have ALL HER FRIENDS :D Bwahahahaa!

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
australia rocks.

better then bloddy scotland.

so bring ye' kilt un ye' bagpipes and come on over.

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hell yeah! we'd be glad to have your pasty pommy arse down here. you should come along (bring sunscreen) :D

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There we go, "next her", I bet you didn't see that advice coming from everyone on the board ;)

I'd say if she misses her family and thats the main reason she wants to move maybe offer to come on vacation there with her every now and then or something. Get to the root of why she really wants to move and try to address it some how. Ask her also about how you fit into the plan and if all else fails ask her where you stand in her life.

redshift

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by quest
australia rocks.

:cheer:

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, let her go. Whether or not that advice is cliche, I don't know. I had the same situation with a girl. The more you fight against it, the more they want to go.

Like the other poster said, if she has cute friends, then pick them up. I did, and now I'm engaged to one of her best friends, and it drives the bytch crazy...MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
australia rocks.

but its full of ozzies!!!

can't think of anything worse than being stuck on an island full of 20 million ****Y criminals. :D

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Not Quite There
but its full of ozzies!!!

can't think of anything worse than being stuck on an island full of 20 million ****Y criminals. :D
There was a recent study that indicated aussie women are the most likely to sleep with a guy on a first date.

:woo:

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jprjrjr
There was a recent study that indicated aussie women are the most likely to sleep with a guy on a first date.

:woo:
yeah, ozzie girls are like blokes, they're 3 favourite things to do are drink, fight and ****! classy!

haha, to be fair, theyre all good craic the ones i've met.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i really like this thread.

seeing the whinging poms having a crack at the criminals.

:)

so stereotypical.

i've only been to prison twice, and they were only for 1 month, and 3 month stints.

-no not really, never.

i love it here..
i haven't found many of these girls who f*ck on the first date mind you.

lots of ONS, but they aint dates.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Not Quite There
yeah, ozzie girls are like blokes, they're 3 favourite things to do are drink, fight and ****! classy!
i should add... great line :)

i've watched east enders/coronation street (mum is addicted) is there actually good looking people in england?

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
We dont have Kangaroos jumping around the streets and no one has tha terrible Aussie accent u hear on some american movies (Die another day and that jakie chan movie to name a few).

Australia is a cool place and Sydney is full of girls lol probably only 5% are Austalian in back ground. Sydney is a very Multicultural city anyway Australia ROCKS you can get all the ***** you want and you have a 95% less chance of getting shot for walking down a street like in America.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Black_Italian
We dont have Kangaroos jumping around the streets and no one has tha terrible Aussie accent u hear on some american movies (Die another day and that jakie chan movie to name a few).

Australia is a cool place and Sydney is full of girls lol probably only 5% are Austalian in back ground. Sydney is a very Multicultural city anyway Australia ROCKS you can get all the ***** you want and you have a 95% less chance of getting shot for walking down a street like in America.
you stay away from cabramatta then BI?

but yeah, i love australia :)

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
hahahaha Cabrramatta you get shot for even looking at someone. Fu*kin heroine dealers.....

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i should add... great line :)

i've watched east enders/coronation street (mum is addicted) is there actually good looking people in england?
haha, read my post on anything else complaining about this!!

there are, but tehre are a lot of ugly people to! mind you, those programs aren't about sex symbobls, you should check out hollyoaks:D

Met some sound ozzies in barcelona last year, they where working over in england at some private girls school and weren't expecting the girls to be 2 fit so they where telling me.

I think they got quite a nice surprise, especially as one of them got the sack for getting it on with one of them :rolleyes:

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm actually very keen to check out england.
because my dad was born there, before being exhiled to australia. errrr... before being taken to australia his mum and dad....who were being exhiled to australia...

anyway, i'd love to check it out. and true or not, i heard on the radio that london is 4:1 ratio of girls to guys. true or not, i assume that at worst, it'd be 1.5:1 girls to guy.

i'll fit in nice, love beer, have bad teeth and pale skin. :)

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm actually very keen to check out england.
because my dad was born there, before being exhiled to australia. errrr... before being taken to australia his mum and dad....who were being exhiled to australia...

anyway, i'd love to check it out. and true or not, i heard on the radio that london is 4:1 ratio of girls to guys. true or not, i assume that at worst, it'd be 1.5:1 girls to guy.

i'll fit in nice, love beer, have bad teeth and pale skin. :)
haha, not sure about that ratio, nottingham supposedly has a ratio of 5 girls to 1 guy, but i think thats bull****.

Personally, i think its all about leeds for fit girls, lots of fit student girls, and leeds is kinda like a little london, so all the girls are trendy with good dress sense.

funnily enough, met two ozzie girls the other day who said I didn't look english, but looked australian!! I was like 'don't insult me luv' haha ;)

wanna check oz out myself, everyone always raves on about how good it is. Basically England in the sun they say.

Top Bottom