Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend teaching in China in the fall...breakup?

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So my girlfriend has decided to go to China for a year to teach English. It's our senior year right now of college and we graduate this May. We've been having issues lately, she's saying she feels this relationship is pointless and she doesn't want to be emotionally attached before she leaves to China. I still care very deeply about her and am willing to stay with her till summer.

I'm just wondering what has happened in your experience? Would it be better to end it now rather than prolonging it in case it just gets worse? Or stick it out and have fun together until our senior year ends?

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She isn't interested in you anymore (and she said the relationship is pointless), but you still care about her. You need to move on. Find some new women.

Long distance relationships don't work, especially exclusive ones. Long distance "relationships" are AFC and bad all over. If someone can point out a virtue of them, I'll give them an e-hug.

Jaxon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stick a fork in it man.

First of all, the fact that she's telling you the relationship is "pointless" is a tell tale sign that it's over. O-V-E-R.

This is where you walk away. If you don't you'll only make things worse for yourself.

On top of that, she's moving to the other side of the world. Either one of these 99.99% of the time is a relationship buster, but combine the two and it's doomed to fail.

There is hope though! Move forward, start asking new chicks out, work on your game, improve yourself. Ditch this broad and move on with your life.

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain said:
She isn't interested in you anymore (and she said the relationship is pointless), but you still care about her. You need to move on. Find some new women.
What he said.

Long distance relationships don't work, especially exclusive ones. Long distance "relationships" are AFC and bad all over. If someone can point out a virtue of them, I'll give them an e-hug.
Again, what he said. My AFC-ness surfaced when my first gf moved to Australia for school. She dumped me because I became so insecure as she kept telling me stories of 'this guy'. After she came back, she wanted me back, and so I was like "err...so you dated that guy when you were there, and now that you are here, you want to date me? No thanks." That was enough to make her respect me again, which is all I need.

LTR = no. It only leads to depression and jealousy. Break up now, and move on. It's a lot better.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The writing is on for the wall with your relationship. If you do not walk away now, you will feel a lot worse when it drags on and she ends it for you.

Joser590

Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget about her man! I know its going to suck for awhile but think about it. If you do hold on to the relationship you are only going to prolong the heartbreak you are feeling now. Would you rather feel like **** for just a little while OR for that whole year that she is in China and more so afterwards when she REALLY breaks it off?

Long distance relationships hardly ever work out. Believe me I have been through them.

I know it sucks now but it is for the best. Take some time for yourself and then start gaming other girls when you are ready or now.

game.r

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet good money that he does not listen...lol

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stick to her like a parasite. Don't let her out of your sight. Proclaim your love and pour your heart out to her. When she's overseas, call her everyday and talk to her about things there. People she's seeing, people you're not seeing, how strong your relationship is, and how you're going to be a devoted boyfriend and wait for her. etc.

BTW, 'this relationship is pointless' is really chick talk for 'i love you'.

/what you want to hear

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ugh. ok so we broke up aka she broke up with me. i think the break up has been long over due.. this is only my second ltr. i'm 21, senior year of college, i still have tons of opportunities and now i can hang out with my guys more. yeah its gonna suck trying to get over her and it doesn't do me any good to have a class with her.
now how do i overcome the jealousy factor? i know for sure she's gonna go out and f her ex and its gonna hurt inside :/
my last relationship i got so pissed off when i found out she was getting with other guys, but the only thing that helped was once i found a different girl to be interested in i was fine.

so besides getting involved with something or meeting other women, what would be some other strategies to get my mind off of her? right now i'm mainly focusing on trying to graduate but when i do homework or try to study she pops in my mind.

Joser590

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am sort of going through the same thing only my girl isn't going away. It sucks because all you do is remember the good times. Sometimes I wake up thinking about her at night during the week and then I can't go back to sleep.

It sucks man but I just try to keep my mind occupied. I started working out more and concentrating on my studies more. I am making an effort to meet new people and going to more parties or going out with my boys and remembering the good times we had back in the day when we were't dealing with girls.

It sucks I know but we got to move on. It doesn't hurt as much and it has only been a couple of weeks for me.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain said:

Yes, what he just said! She's moving away as a great opportunity to have a fresh start, get away from you without the direct confrontation of breaking up, and to give you an easy way out. You have been liberated my brother. Mel Gibson will have to pay up to half a billion, you got off easy.

An "e-hug"??? LoL. :D :D :D

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Take it from an older guy with plenty of post high school break up stories. Here's the deal, you both are moving on with your lives, I understand that this is probably one of the first few chicks that you've ever cared about, but on the same token too, you have a lot ahead of you to experience, what I would advise you to do is to break things off with her amicably and just be friends.

She already stated that she thinks the relationship is pointless, it takes two to tango, if she isn't committed, then it's not going to work out. Throw in the towel while your ahead, as a matter of fact, if you break up with her first and maintain your value afterwards, that will put you in a position where she would be more apt to chase you after the break up.

-Kevin