Girlfriend flaked

guitaronfire411

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I told my girl to phone me over text last night and she came up with an excuse (needed to go to the bathroom), she counter-offered to phone me back later once she gets home.

I keep myself busy for 30 minutes and no phone call. Yes, this is a bad position to be in. Then I see her on Facebook later posting videos, having never phoned me or even texted me after I had time to do almost a full workout.

Should I be concerned about this phone flake or let it pass with a mental note?

This is my second serious girlfriend so I have less experience than knowledge. ;)

sebastian11

Don Juan
Reaction score
she's taking you for granted, dont mention it to her but definitely start showing her less attention.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you want to lay down the law but don't want to make it seem like a big deal to you.

Yeah, what I'd do is say nothing but make a mental note of it. If she keeps up this sort of behaviour then its time to let her know you expect better from her. Be firm but don't be angry saying it. Always stay in control of your emotions.

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The above are sound advice. On a sidenote, don't contact her until she does.

Again though, keep this moment in mind, and if it ever happens again, let her know you're not going to tolerate such disrespect.

AMDG

Don Juan
Reaction score
guitaronfire411 said:
this is a bad position to be in.
Not at all, that's an excellent reason to dump her and find one who actually respects you. Congratulations :)

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guitaronfire411 said:
she came up with an excuse (needed to go to the bathroom)
That's an excuse? Sounds like bulls*it to me. Very dumb move on her part.

What would I do? I don't tolerate flakes very well, mainly when they give stupid reasons like going to the bathroom. Because you two are dating (for how long btw?), I'd let this one instance go, but if she flakes again, it's time to talk. As the above posters said, be firm, don't show anger.

If she keeps playing games, end it with her. She's not worth your time.