Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend broke up with me

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
also, one other thing...

you should be working in life towards achieving a state where you don't NEED anything. where the things you have are by choice, not necessity.

You should save your money so that one day you don't NEED a job.

You should never NEED a woman.

You should workout so you don't NEED some $400 a hour training to get you in to shape.

becoming a MAN really comes down to the simple phrase: "Being able to handle your own ****"

kingwilliam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it has been about 3 weeks since the breakup.....Im doing much better. The first 3 or 4 days was pure hell, but I have been going out and occupying my mind quite a bit.

Plus, I discovered that Im still a deadly weapon in the pickup dept. I went out Friday and Saturday night and closed both nights with 2 of the hottest women of my life.... I think my "I dont give a fvck about anything" attitude is why I was successful.

The strangest part about the whole breakup is how you go from "I love you" and being with that person all the time to ZERO. Im a big boy, and everything is gonna be just fine.

As for moving to another place, thats not really an option because I own the house we lived in. Time is medicine.

Romjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey king william,
i dont know if you have read any of my post, but I am in the EXACT same situation as you. my gf of 2 years and i just broke up 3 weeks ago. my pain comes and goes. one day i feel like i never needed her and im on top of the world, the next day i miss her and feel like ill never meet anyone as good as her. i still talk to her which probably makes things worse. I have been going out like crazy and drinking like crazy since the break up, still only temporary help. what is making you feel better? do you still talk to your ex?

kingwilliam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am the same sort of predicament as you....

I KNOW that from experience, the best way to get over it is to CEASE ALL COMMUNICATION....

For the first couple of weeks, I didnt call, didnt text, didnt do ****..... and I was starting to actually kinda feel better.. She texted me one day. (which they will do because the silence ****s with their head... We ended up meeting for lunch which I now realize was a huge mistake on my part. It was as if I had a hit a reset button on my recovery.

I have been drinking more as well....

I have tried to stay busy, but as you probably know she will pop in your mind every few minutes.

I believe that time is the only medicine.... you need to stop talking to her or it is going to drive you crazy.

I know from experience that the longer you cease communication, the better you will start to feel. Also I have been hitting the gym REALLY hard and when I leave there I feel a thousand times better.

It really sucks...I feel your pain, literally. I was in love.

"I don't make mistakes, I just date them"

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey king & rom, as you know from my Girlfriend of 8 Months has Diminishing Sex Drive thread, we recently broke up (last friday). I cut all communications with her, completely deleted her from facebook including removing all tagged photos of us together and basically any bit of evidence on there that we were ever in the same room. Then I blocked her so she can't even find me. It was kind of therapuetic to delete all that stuff. I was the one that ended the relationship on facebook too. She was the one whe had come over to break up with me though last friday, because the guilt of her branch-swinging had become too much for her to bear and she was no longer able to maintain herself... she was puking every day do to an eating disorder she has and drinking a lot...

I didn't post here to condemn her though or whine.. I'm actually sharing with you guys about how i'm coping... I am a recovering alcoholic, i've been sober for over 18 months now. The last time I was in a long term relationship and a girl ended it I drank fro 5 months straight into oblivion... this time is much different... I've surrounded myself with friends, family, supportive people i've met in AA meetings and lots of positive influences. I'm working out every day still, playing soccer, talking to tons of my close positive influence type friends and keeping my eye on the prize (improving the quality of my life through health, business, social life).

I haven't touched alcohol and i'm not a saint by any stretch so i'm not saying that to boast or brag. I'm grateful because for a guy like me, if I were to drink to numb the pain of this type of thing I might never came up for air. Anyway, i've found strength in the support of my friends and family, aa and in exercise, eating well and deciding that I'm going to move on and focus on moving forward.

A few quotes that have helped me:

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within.

Life is a rip-off when you expect to get what you want. Life works when you choose what you got. Actually what you got is what you chose. To move on, choose it.
Werner Erhard

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.
Cherie Carter-Scott

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance,the wise grows it under his feet.
James Oppenheim

You do not meditate to heal yourself. You meditate to discover that you are well.
C.B. Shibuki

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Romjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
beyond charm, thats great news to hear your doing better. thats also great to hear that you cn have a good time without drinking. ive been going out so much i feel like i need to drink to enjoy my time.. i was curuios how youre doing king william? ive been hooking up with all kinds of girls recently but it doesnt seem to help. i still think about my ex all the time. its weird because i keep hoping shes missing me too and i keep hoping she wants to be with me again.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear everyone is doing their best to overcome their LTR break ups. I basically did the same thing 5 years ago before engaging in my 100 approach journal and later finding my new LTR. If my current situation ends I know that it will sting but I know I can move on just like all of you are doing.

I am proud of everyone, and more so because you are posting honest feelings that you would be inhumane not to have.