Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl won't date me because I'm "too good-looking"

Zone20

Banned
Reaction score
Now I've heard it all. Apparently she likes me and thinks I'm a cool guy, but told one of her girlfriends she wouldn't go out with me because I'm too good-looking. What the hell does she mean by that?

I've never heard a girl say this.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Zone20 said:
Now I've heard it all. Apparently she likes me and thinks I'm a cool guy, but told one of her girlfriends she wouldn't go out with me because I'm too good-looking. What the hell does she mean by that?

I've never heard a girl say this.

Basically means she is insecure because you are better looking than her. She finds you very attractive, but would feel uncomfortable with you because of your attractiveness level. This is a clear example of "it's not you, it is her type of thing.

I do the same thing with girls sometimes, I am not a stunning looking guy, so I would not want to go out with a stunning looking woman.

Jay Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me ask a few questions.

Do you always iron your (lilac and magenta) shirts?

Do you wax your chest?

Would you spend longer in the bathroom than the average girl?

If you have answered yes to 2 or more questions you are a pretty boy. Grow a goatee and get a tat. And stop acting vein.

Do you have many girls telling you you are hot?

Were you always the lead in the school plays?

Do you have a six pack?

If the answer is no to two or more questions she's just making excuses.

But I think she probably has low self esteem and thinks she'd lose you if you hooked up.

Zone20

Banned
Reaction score
Jay you're trying to turn this into whether I'm attractive or not. I know I am, I'm not trying to brag. I was just wondering why a women would think like this.

I know she likes me and has a great time around by me, and trust me, almost all of her girlfriends want me, but it's almost like this one doesn't want to "feed my ego" so to speak.

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean!

How do you go around that?!?!?! How to make them DROP that "Lets not feed his ego" game and just let me in their world as if I was some average guy?!!?

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
I do the same thing with girls sometimes, I am not a stunning looking guy, so I would not want to go out with a stunning looking woman.
I must have been told at least a half dozen times that the girl I was with was 'out of my league'... I think 'she was in my league last night so it doesn't matter now'

Anyway. What the girl was saying is : "You're so hot that another girl will come around and you will just trade up."

For real, when I was just learning I came across the hottest girl ever, half begging me to take her number (subtly of course... so it slipped past me till too late). I swear that how you talk to a women makes all the difference above and beyond looks alone.

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So pimp its scary said:
I must have been told at least a half dozen times that the girl I was with was 'out of my league'... I think 'she was in my league last night so it doesn't matter now'

Anyway. What the girl was saying is : "You're so hot that another girl will come around and you will just trade up."

For real, when I was just learning I came across the hottest girl ever, half begging me to take her number (subtly of course... so it slipped past me till too late). I swear that how you talk to a women makes all the difference above and beyond looks alone.

Yes, but how do you make a girl think that you will NOT trade her? Do you kind of try to be down to Earth so that she is more comfy with you and make yourself easy going for her? I want to be IN her league!

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then you CANNOT be c&f with this girl, or maybe she's right and just go after hotter chicks.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same problem here. About 'not feeding his ego' attitude you hit a nail on head with that.

1. When you are confident....you are arogant because of your looks or player
2. When you are not so confident.....you are wussy

Finding the line between these two is pretty hard.

then comes a few things in play:

1. sour grapes syndrome....I dont want him he is proably stupid or player anyway

2. insecurity.....you probably know it too...when you are with hot hot girl you have butterflies in your stomach or even hand grenades...insecure girls(guys) try to avoid this feeling in real life and then masturbate picturing you on top of her.

3. power games....she is used to have all the power in relationship. She is happier with average Joe even a wussy Joe.

4. It is not htis case but...Dont think you have to be everybodies type.....some girls really go for bald, tatooed, excons - they cant get wet from good looking guys....they need to be dominated and humiliated. Or you just not her type.

5. They dont want to have serious relationship....thats why they date jerks or average Joes...they can get rid of them without remorse.

There are a couple good theads about this problem here. I have read them and conclusion is...I dont know. Cetainly dont be arrogant or ****y. Be confident and playful in subtle way. Prepare to get lots of false buying signals....they only want to know if you would bite and nothing more. Prepare to fearsome testing. Prepare yourself to be hated....lot of girls or guys hate you just because you are good looking. Dont get frustrated. Good looking or not it is still numbers game really. So dont give up.

To sum it up:

Be confident and playful
Go for quality chicks (confident and beautiful)
Dont think about your looks

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what they say? It means nothing. And never get into a "what did she say about me" conversation with another woman. Its what they do that actually matters.

Did you ask her out and she rejected you?

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
flexion_ said:
Who cares what they say? It means nothing. And never get into a "what did she say about me" conversation with another woman. Its what they do that actually matters.

Did you ask her out and she rejected you?
Nice. Cut right through the bullsh1t.