Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl w/ long-distance boyfriend. Got her number.

ohiobohio518

Don Juan
Reaction score
Please don't lecture me on the morals of this. I have it under control. My goal is not to have her cheat on her boyfriend. It's to have her dump him, for me.

This girl has a long-distance boyfriend, couple hundred miles away. I have no insight as to how good or bad their relationship is. The only reason I know is from Facebook. She has never brought it up.

She works for a competing company - I met her at a work function and got her number. She seemed excited about it. I'm guessing it's mostly because she is sort of new to the area and wants friends.

I am walking on tricky territory here that I've never ventured before. Now - what is my next step? Should I call her and ask her to dinner? I am trying to walk a fine line here -- I don't want it to be a "hang out" but I don't want it to be so "datey" that she gives the "I have a boyfriend" line. I want us to hang out so that I have a chance to flirt with her and gauge her reaction.

Please advise!

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thing is, I never ask a girl out on a date. Even if she's completely single. You don't need to put any extra pressure on an interaction.
I just ask them to hang out. If it's you and her alone, then you both already know what's going on.

My advice is treat her like she doesn't have a boyfriend and invite her to a party where you escalate. The key to getting a girl who has some ethical reason she can't date you (boyfriend, religion, background) is escalating and increasing intimacy without verbally acknowledging what's happening, therefore you aren't making anything serious or "official".

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your line of thinking is wrong, specifically this bit:

ohiobohio518 said:
Please don't lecture me on the morals of this. I have it under control. My goal is not to have her cheat on her boyfriend. It's to have her dump him, for me.
Attraction is not a negotiation, it is spontaneous (Rollo Tomassi). Regardless of her boyfriend, she will bang you if she is more attracted to you.

You should be focusing on:

1 - Banging her
2 - Continuing with 1 until you two form a relationship (which may or may not happen).

Attempting to talk her out of her relationship with her boyfriend upfront is a waste of time and likely to drive her away.

ohiobohio518 said:
This girl has a long-distance boyfriend, couple hundred miles away. I have no insight as to how good or bad their relationship is. The only reason I know is from Facebook. She has never brought it up.
If she didn't bring it up when you got her number, it is possible that she is ready to rumble.

Here is what you should do:

1) Invite her out 1 on 1 for a few drinks somewhere (not dinner) at night
2) Flirt with her, tease her, DON'T mention the boyfriend
3) Physically escalate

If she is interested, she will go along with it and won't even mention the boyfriend.

---

Case in Point: A few years ago, I got involved with this slightly older chick from work.

She never even mentioned her husband until it ended a few months later. She took her wedding ring off when we were together.

Now, I knew she was married anyway from the start (since I had looked her up on the web), but she never mentioned it to me (and nor did I to her) until it ended.

Women will rationalise anything in their minds if the attraction is great enough.

Not your job to try and convince them logically. Your job is to spark the attraction to such a level that she can't control herself.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, I have a long distance relationship that just moved to Cleveland.

This is IMMORAL! ;) Hope he's not from Florida.

Regarding "Judge a woman by her actions, not her words" - does this go both ways? In other words, what if she says she doesn't want to have sex - but does?

ohiobohio518

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'm a bit confused by the 2nd and 3rd responses though. One is suggesting I invite her to a party and one is suggesting I ask her for 1 on 1 drinks. I can definitely invite her to a party or a group hang out, but I feel that my chances of being ****blocked increases -- she's pretty and there are a few coworkers of mine who are desperate and creepy.

I should call her up then, and ask her to grab a few drinks. What then? A few things could happen:

1. She mentions her boyfriend in conversation. I should either outright acknowledge this boyfriend and ask her about it, or just brush it off. At which point two things could happen -- she could continue talking about the boyfriend, or stop.

2. She goes along with it, but appears a little hesitant. Now what? Do I still try to bang her that night (unlikely, her actions and words don't imply she's a slut), and if that doesn't work, do I keep chipping away? How do I keep chipping away?

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i would ask her to do something that is less obviously a date. tell her you need help shopping for your sister or new shoes or something, and maybe mention a bite to eat afterwards.

then get some drinks before you eat!

don't mention the boyfriend ever

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Regarding "Judge a woman by her actions, not her words" - does this go both ways? In other words, what if she says she doesn't want to have sex - but does?
If she does want to have s!x, SHE WILL. What she says will be irrelevant unless it is assessed in the light of actions.

ohiobohio518 said:
Thanks for the response. I'm a bit confused by the 2nd and 3rd responses though. One is suggesting I invite her to a party and one is suggesting I ask her for 1 on 1 drinks. I can definitely invite her to a party or a group hang out, but I feel that my chances of being ****blocked increases -- she's pretty and there are a few coworkers of mine who are desperate and creepy.
Invite her out 1 on 1 for drinks. Fit something in like "just the two of us". This will be a good way to determine her interest, since what girl who was committed to her b/f would agree to 1 on 1 drinks?

Never meet a girl in a group, since that leads to friendzone.

If she agrees to meet 1 on 1, she is either interested or very naive.

ohiobohio518 said:
I should call her up then, and ask her to grab a few drinks. What then? A few things could happen:

1. She mentions her boyfriend in conversation. I should either outright acknowledge this boyfriend and ask her about it, or just brush it off. At which point two things could happen -- she could continue talking about the boyfriend, or stop.
I doubt she will bring up her b/f (DON'T YOU MENTION IT!), but if she does, say something like "yeah, so do I. I probably should give him a call to let him know where I am" or similar...keep it light and funny then move on..

If she keeps mentioning it, then realise she is not into you. Get up and walk out and stop wasting your time.

ohiobohio518 said:
2. She goes along with it, but appears a little hesitant. Now what? Do I still try to bang her that night (unlikely, her actions and words don't imply she's a slut), and if that doesn't work, do I keep chipping away? How do I keep chipping away?
In reality, all women are slvts given the right circumstances.

If she goes along with it, then go with it.

If she doesn't go for it, then back away, then try once more in a weeks time.

If she still isn't down for it, then obviously she is not into you enough and you should move on.

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ohiobohio518 said:

1 on 1 drinks works as well, but I don't think many girls with a boyfriend would agree that, even if she is interested. Hooking up with you in the heat of the moment with alcohol involved is one thing, but if you directly ask her for 1 on 1 drinks, she has to make a clear sober decision to basically cheat on her boyfriend.

The reason I suggested a party is since she's new, you can invite her to a party with YOUR friends and she won't really know anyone besides you. You'll have plenty of opportunities to isolate her and there's alcohol involved. As long as you escalate physically and make your interest known (non-verbally), you won't be friendzoned. Either don't invite the creepy coworkers, or completely outshine them with your superior manliness, your choice.

Both settings in my opinion are conducive to increasing attraction, but you're much more likely to get her to accept the second option. You can't create attraction without seeing her after all.

You do the same things to attract a girl with a boyfriend, but you just have to be more subtle about it. That means never verbalizing that you want to go out on an official "date" with her. It DOESN'T mean not showing your interest non-verbally.

runner83 said:
Never meet a girl in a group, since that leads to friendzone.
Generally, I find this is true. However, as with everything, there are exceptions. If the girl was single and there was no legit reason you can't be together I agree say NEVER meet a girl in a group. If there is a real reason (like a boyfriend), then maybe. One incident made me see it this way:

Basically there was a girl who wouldn't hang out with me one on one. Normally, I'd just forget it, but I had a gut feeling she was attracted and the reasons were legit. They did make sense afterall (religion, strict parents). So I agreed to see her with one of her friends and some of my friends, we hung out and had fun like a group, but I was sure to isolate her here and there and escalate. Eventually we made out, though she resisted after wards. "That's not really what friends do" to which I replied "then we'll just be really friendly friends" and continued making out.

She said she couldn't go out with me afterwards again, but I changed her mind after about a week. Not by constantly calling her and being needy, but by being persistent and avoiding verbalizing anything that would make it seem like we're officially "dating" until we eventually we were dating. I don't think I ever said the word "date" to her.

This is why I believe in exceptional cases (such as a long distance boyfriend), you have to made exceptions.

On all other points I completely agree with runner83 though and in fact I wouldn't bother with this whole back and forth process again. I'd just move on after she said she couldn't meet me alone the first time and find another girl without these problems.

Last edited:

ohiobohio518

Don Juan
Reaction score
I might have to differ on the fact that a girl wouldn't agree for 1-on-1 drinks if she wasn't interested. I've done 1-on-1 drinks with girls and been friendzoned... granted, I didn't escalate... but I felt like I was friendzoned the moment I walked in there (from her actions and such)

Usually chicks, when already out, don't say "I have a boyfriend." They just say something like "So it was so funny... my boyfriend once did that too and bla bla bla" or "Oh! My boyfriend and I love going there!"

Now what?