Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl Texting another guy

Bluesteak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive gone out on 3 dates with this girl, but shes not my GF. The last time we hung out she was texting some guy she met at Disneyland alot(like one after another). This pissed me off, because Im almost sure this isint a **** test. Next time I see her should I say something or should I dump that *****? I don't want to look like its affecting me but if she pulls it again im going to say something.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Christ. Imagine that. A girl who isn't your girlfriend texting? whudda thunk it?

Bottom line is you can't stop her. My only technique is give her such a good time that she's not interested in texting anyone else. Otherwise when she gets her phone out go "Oh . . . am I boring you? I'll wait over here until you're finished" Then get up and go elsewhere.

Improve your mindset, and stop being so controlling off the bat.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take her cellphone and in a calmed way turn it off. She'll get the message. Remember to stay cool and collected.
This isnt a reason to next her so don't.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Christ. Imagine that. A girl who isn't your girlfriend texting? whudda thunk it?

Bottom line is you can't stop her. My only technique is give her such a good time that she's not interested in texting anyone else. Otherwise when she gets her phone out go "Oh . . . am I boring you? I'll wait over here until you're finished" Then get up and go elsewhere.

I'm curious as to why it's controlling to be upset about a girl you like giving some another guy attention. Please explain.

I personally don't see anything wrong with being upset, but instead of acting out of fear, he should act out of strength. It's a boundary that shouldn't be crossed when a man is with a woman she supposedly likes, and he should convey this. It's plain disrespectful to treat another person as if they are so uninteresting that they must spend time texting others, especially someone of the opposite sex. If he doesn't portray his own importance, he won't be thought of as important.

I say tell her that you think it's disrespectful, and that you don't want her to do it. If she has a problem with you telling her your boundaries, she can go be with him.

You keep a girls interest by having a willingness to walk away, and she needs to know that.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
I'm curious as to why it's controlling to be upset about a girl you like giving some another guy attention. Please explain.

I personally don't see anything wrong with being upset, but instead of acting out of fear, he should act out of strength. It's a boundary that shouldn't be crossed when a man is with a woman she supposedly likes, and he should convey this. It's plain disrespectful to treat another person as if they are so uninteresting that they must spend time texting others, especially someone of the opposite sex. If he doesn't portray his own importance, he won't be thought of as important.

Ok, fair enough.

It's controlling because he's been out with her 3 times. Not a year, not a couple of months, 3 times. Have you any idea what precedent that sets? "Ooh, I shouldn't tell Wes that I talked to this guy today, he'll freak out". Then she's keeping secrets. It just doesn't sit well.

Secondly, flip the situation. I'll be dammed if some girl stops me texting other girls after 3 dates, but if I'm demanding it, she's got a right too aswell.

The most successful relationships I've witnessed are ones where the guy plays it off lightly. She gets a text off a guy telling her she looks hot "Oooh. I didn't know you had an admirer. I should really get me one of those." Instead of flying off the handle and threatening to beat him down.

justiceseeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Ok, fair enough.

It's controlling because he's been out with her 3 times. Not a year, not a couple of months, 3 times. Have you any idea what precedent that sets? "Ooh, I shouldn't tell Wes that I talked to this guy today, he'll freak out". Then she's keeping secrets. It just doesn't sit well.

Secondly, flip the situation. I'll be dammed if some girl stops me texting other girls after 3 dates, but if I'm demanding it, she's got a right too aswell.

The most successful relationships I've witnessed are ones where the guy plays it off lightly. She gets a text off a guy telling her she looks hot "Oooh. I didn't know you had an admirer. I should really get me one of those." Instead of flying off the handle and threatening to beat him down.
What are you talking about? Controlling?????? It's just plain rude to text somebody else when you're on a date. No girl in her right mind would put up with a guy oogling other women when he's out with her. It's not good manners and shows a lack of class. Who cares how many dates they've been on, that doesn't mean you should let somebody get away with that. Common courtesy is what im talking about here.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:

Totally agree.

After 3 dates with this chick you're getting mad that she's texting other dudes? I sure as hell hope it takes you a little longer than that to validate a girl who may be worthy of you.

Remember, relationships work best for guys who have women who are more interested in them. In other words, if the woman is more interested in the man than he is in her, there isn't much stopping him.

You're being reactive right now and giving her all the power by building up illusions in your mind. This girl is NOT your girlfriend. She is free to text any dudes she wants. By telling her that it bothers you, you're just telling her how insecure and jealous you are.

So how do you prevent her from texting other dudes? Well, sometimes it's inevitable. But surely the best way of stopping this is sparking attraction and showing a woman a good time.

Women work on their emotions, not their logic. If you TELL a girl to stop texting a dude, she will probably stop then start again sometime when you're not looking.

If you SHOW a girl fun and attract her emotionally, she will automatically begin to start taking more interest in you and less interest in other men.

I've never believed the whole "let's talk about our problems" deal, especially when you're not even in a relationship yet!

NO! Fun! Positivity! Carelessness! You're a man, you don't need to "talk" about her texting habits. Hell, you have other options on the side as well so you'd just be a hypocrite. Even more over, you don't need this girl. She needs you. Act the role and you'll eventually become the roll. Right now you're playing on the defense, reacting to whatever she does. It's time to step up on the offensive and make her react to you.

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You cannot stop her from txt'ing other guys. However, I do find it very rude that she would do that right in front of you like that when you were out.

Do you call your get togethers dates, do you kiss etc....

Bluesteak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive known her through school, but I wasn't saying that im outraged. I was asking what I can do in return instead of just sitting there like wtf. and I have kiss closed at the end of our first outing.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are nothing more then a plate to this girl.

Accept the fact that this girl is having her fun and bluntly texting another guy in your presence because she doesn't care how you react to this. Its a sign of lower interest because guys like you (in this stage of your life) to this chick (in her stage of her life) are a dime a dozen.

I suggest that you also spin plates. This way if you are bothered by her disrespecting behaviour you can always replace her or drop her in favour of another girl.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I think you should do is create some tension by backing off. He'll be available to her and you won't, this should create more interest in you and less in him. Don't call her and don't text her. Let her call and text you, but don't answer every call and don't reply to every text.

Let her sweat (that is if she has interest). I've seen a girl's interest go up so many times by backing off. If you push her, she'll lose interest. Show her that you're a catch through action and not through your words. She'll never be convinced you're better than her other options by telling her because then all you're doing is trying to prove yourself to her. You don't have anything to prove to anyone, and that's what women are looking for in a man.

I like WesCott's idea about telling her that you need to get one of those, too. That would be the perfect opportunity to back off and let the magic do its work.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why have there been 3 dates with this girl?

Texting someone else (even her friends) while she's on a date with you is just RUDE. It's one thing to send a text here and there. It's another thing if it's constant.

So, you can call her on it or move on to someone who has more interest in you.

jigga23

Banned
Reaction score
I was dating this girl, she would sleep over every night basically, and we went out on dates. This for only like 2 weeks though. I was out to dinner with her and she started fvckin texting this chump she met at the bar (I was there that night). I was like wtf. I checked her phone at my house and saw a sh1t load of texts between them during when we were eating out. She found out I looked at her phone. Dont give a fvck though. I told her whats up let her know and she said sorry blah blah. Any ch1ck that does that is either an AW or has low IL in you. Fvck just talking about this makes me wanna tell off the b1tch for disrespecting me so much.

verysuave

Banned
Reaction score
jigga23 said:
I was dating this girl, she would sleep over every night basically, and we went out on dates. This for only like 2 weeks though. I was out to dinner with her and she started fvckin texting this chump she met at the bar (I was there that night). I was like wtf. I checked her phone at my house and saw a sh1t load of texts between them during when we were eating out. She found out I looked at her phone. Dont give a fvck though. I told her whats up let her know and she said sorry blah blah. Any ch1ck that does that is either an AW or has low IL in you. Fvck just talking about this makes me wanna tell off the b1tch for disrespecting me so much.
you don't give a fvck? if you didnt give a fvck, then why did you look at her phone? effing looser. You should be banned from the internet

slickaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude..let me ask you smtn.

If you had any self respect, why are you asking such a question?
there are plenty of things a man would do if he was out on a date and a chic was constantly texting someone else.
1. Get up and walk away.
2. for added drama: "im sorry for disturbing you're time with you're fone, you two enjoy your night.."
3. What did the five fingers say to the face?..SLAP!
4. Throw a chair at her.
5. Grab phone, throw to floor, stomp on it. " BRING IT B!AARCH!"

In all seriousness
6. Lean over, whisper "Am i really that boring, if so you can tell me n im sure another younger finer hornier s3xier lady here can earn my attention.."
7. "you're boring me here girl..do smtn before i start missing my couch"
8. "Hey look free PRADA BAGS!!"...

Use any of the above 8 NO CHARGE today..next tip is won doulla!

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What did the barber say? "NEXT!"

She can text other guys all she wants until you are exclusive with her, but doing it in front of you while on a date is uncalled for. She would not be going on another date with me.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact is that most young girls these days don't see sending a text or date on a date as rude. They are so used to texting all day long that it doesn't occur to them as being disrespectful, and if it's done during "down time" or after she excuses herself, it really isn't.

If you were just standing there waiting for her to finish, though, you need to do something to prevent this from happening. Don't lecture her; just say something ****y and funny as other posters described, and hopefully she'll get the hint. If not, I still wouldn't be too quick to next her. You have to judge her on her "good" behavior, not the "bad." Do you get the sense that she is into you? Is she eager to accept dates? Is she laughing and having fun with you?

If she does all these things, don't worry about stupid stuff like this. Don't let your pride get in the way of seeing the big picture. However, if she seems disinterested, you are better disappearing and investing your time elsewhere.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
The fact is that most young girls these days don't see sending a text or date on a date as rude. They are so used to texting all day long that it doesn't occur to them as being disrespectful, and if it's done during "down time" or after she excuses herself, it really isn't.

If you were just standing there waiting for her to finish, though, you need to do something to prevent this from happening. Don't lecture her; just say something ****y and funny as other posters described, and hopefully she'll get the hint. If not, I still wouldn't be too quick to next her. You have to judge her on her "good" behavior, not the "bad." Do you get the sense that she is into you? Is she eager to accept dates? Is she laughing and having fun with you?

If she does all these things, don't worry about stupid stuff like this. Don't let your pride get in the way of seeing the big picture. However, if she seems disinterested, you are better disappearing and investing your time elsewhere.
All I read was excuses mate. Rule one its a fkn date you respect her by giving her all your attention, you've already picked her up. Rule two shes as much your guest as your are hers in this mutual spending of time together. Rule three if your too busy texting someone else then trying to get to know a little about me or talking to me I'm sorry I don't have time for you.

Do you go to your new lawyer/docter/accountant and text while they are trying to talk to you get to know you etc ?? NO. Same applies to dates.

If I'm boring said chick then cya I aint got time to sit there like a nice doormat and wait till you finish texting the random person you are, reason why I got a million other things to do and I set aside a few for you and if you are not going to even try then why should I waste my time with the likes of you.

End of story next her ASAP.

Cashew

Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the girls I'm dating right now had a tendency to text when hanging out. When we were first hanging out it was always with a group of people, so it'd be no problem since there are other people in the group to be entertained with.

Though when we started going on dates as just the two of us, the first time she pulled out her phone to do this I shut it while it was in her hands. She looked up at me slightly offended at my action and asked why I did that. I told her it was disrespectful to me for her to do that.

This isn't something I hold to the girls I date, but all my friends. If I'm hanging out 1 on 1 with someone, they better keep their phone away unless there is a good reason for not doing so. Basically when only two people are out together, when one person starts texting or whatever it leaves the other with nothing to do but wait for that person to finish. In groups, that isn;t really the case and I believe it's more acceptable.