Girl tells me to text then ignores it till the morning

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went on a date with this girl. Made out but didn't go back to hers. The next day she tells me to drop her a text or call. I ask if she's missing me to which she says yes. tell her to text me first then I'll reply. Later though I text her a face cheeky smile. She sends one back. Then I ask what her cat's favourite brand of food is but get no response until the morning. At which point she asks if I'm going to come and bring it some food. I didn't reply because I thought it was suspect she didn't reply the previous night when we all know girls have their phones by their side 24/7. What do you think?

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At which point she asks if I'm going to come and bring it some food
Apparently she isn't a fan of smilies and "what's ur favourite ..."

She is more direct. Should have replied IMO.

"I'm making a c0ck sandwich for you, and will deliver it as soon as I can"

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:-) said:
Went on a date with this girl. Made out but didn't go back to hers. The next day she tells me to drop her a text or call. I ask if she's missing me to which she says yes. tell her to text me first then I'll reply. Later though I text her a face cheeky smile. She sends one back. Then I ask what her cat's favourite brand of food is but get no response until the morning. At which point she asks if I'm going to come and bring it some food. I didn't reply because I thought it was suspect she didn't reply the previous night when we all know girls have their phones by their side 24/7. What do you think?
Who cares? Why are you trying to decipher her texts?
So what if she texts the next day?

What matters is her behaviour when she's with you! Judge her by the actions you actually observe, not the ones you can only speculate on. You don't know whats going on at night. Maybe you should actually think about the actual content of the text, why are you taking cat food to a girl who you've only been on a date with once?

1. You're too invested
2. You're already insecure about her behaviour
3. You obviously don't trust her
4. You already seem to have one-itis.

My reply to you is this, deal with your insecurities..ask yourself why you feel like this. Unless you can observe body language, unless she's right before you, with you, and you can hear her voice and see her face...STOP OVERTHINKING!! Texting (to quote Hank Moody) is for faggots.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about her cat food for and stop texting her smiley faces. Text her on your own time not hers. You're already starting a bad precedent.

Donaldinho

Don Juan
Reaction score
You asked her if she misses you, don't. You told her to text you, don't.
That's beta behavior. After the date you go no contact, let her miss you and text you to say that.
What's with the cat's favorite food crap man? Rather than say something like that, don't say anything at all.
Seriously, read up on text game a little. You only text to set up dates and then confirm. No cutesy sh1t, no smiley faces.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time ask her what her favorite color of underwear is. Seriously...chill. Let her come to you. You're overthinking this. And drop the smiley faces for the time being.

Edit: Asking a chick if she misses you? Seriously...

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. Well it was her who told me to text or call her last night which was why I asked if she was missing me. I was kind of busting her balls. Just thought it strange for her to go ghost considering she had asked me.

She called me later today at work and mentioned my cat food text and asked if I sent it to which I replied 'Did I?' That must have confused her because she texted me shortly after saying she replied to the wrong text. Again this was strange because it was clearly me who sent it! After I didn't answer that she texted me asking how I was to which I replied 'Busy!'.

It's her birthday tomorrow. What should I do?

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. Well it was her who told me to text or call her last night which was why I asked if she was missing me. I was kind of busting her balls. Just thought it strange for her to go ghost considering she had asked me.

She called me later today at work and mentioned my cat food text and asked if I sent it to which I replied 'Did I?' That must have confused her because she texted me shortly after saying she replied to the wrong text. Again this was strange because it was clearly me who sent it! After I didn't answer that she texted me asking how I was to which I replied 'Busy!'.

It's her birthday tomorrow. What should I do?
Only you can decide what to do. How do you feel about it? Do YOU feel enjoyment from hanging around her? Or does it stress you out.

You see you should be going for it if you WANT to, not because you need to. You should talk to her because talking to her makes you happy. If you're doing it for any other reason that pure enjoyment of it, leave.

You can only please yourself, and you cannot have a girl in your life for any other reason than because you want her to be.

It seems to me that you're desperate, it seems like you're clutching at straws. If thats the case, whether or not she's genuinely interested or not, it doesn't matter, you're on the road to heartache because you're not mentally able to deal with this girl. You're begging for help, but the people here can't have your relationship for you.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
christoff522 said:
Only you can decide what to do. How do you feel about it? Do YOU feel enjoyment from hanging around her? Or does it stress you out.

You see you should be going for it if you WANT to, not because you need to. You should talk to her because talking to her makes you happy. If you're doing it for any other reason that pure enjoyment of it, leave.

You can only please yourself, and you cannot have a girl in your life for any other reason than because you want her to be.

It seems to me that you're desperate, it seems like you're clutching at straws. If thats the case, whether or not she's genuinely interested or not, it doesn't matter, you're on the road to heartache because you're not mentally able to deal with this girl. You're begging for help, but the people here can't have your relationship for you.
I enjoyed her company and she seemed really into me but that non-responsive text really threw me especially after she asked me to contact her. Reminded me of the last time I was really into a girl and she did strage sh*t like this and it turned out she had a boyfriend. I mean how hard is it to reply to a text for goodness sake. Whatever she was doing was obviously better than talking to me that's how I viewed it. She chose not to reply. Either she was doing something/someone else or is playing games. Either way alarm bells.

Donaldinho

Don Juan
Reaction score
Her not responding AND asking you to text her sounds like a sh1t test to me.
Also, since it's her birthday tomorrow I say you ... do nothing. No contact.
You're not exclusive with her, you haven't even tapped that yet. What did she do to deserve something from you?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Donaldinho said:
Her not responding AND asking you to text her sounds like a sh1t test to me.
Also, since it's her birthday tomorrow I say you ... do nothing. No contact.
You're not exclusive with her, you haven't even tapped that yet. What did she do to deserve something from you?
Yes. I agree. I deleted her number so I have no choice but go NC. Personally I think she is trouble. I always get an anxious feeling in my gut when I meet a girl who is trouble. Too bad they're also always the most exciting.

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoyed her company and she seemed really into me but that non-responsive text really threw me especially after she asked me to contact her. Reminded me of the last time I was really into a girl and she did strage sh*t like this and it turned out she had a boyfriend. I mean how hard is it to reply to a text for goodness sake. Whatever she was doing was obviously better than talking to me that's how I viewed it. She chose not to reply. Either she was doing something/someone else or is playing games. Either way alarm bells.
Listen to those bells ring! Then realise that they're telling you to run!! Trust me sir, ignore those bells and you're in for a world of hurt.

Fugitive

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very standard behaviour for a girl to say contact me then blank you. She's deliberately f*cking with you. Either because she's not interested and see's you as an orbiter or because she is sh*t testing you to see if you fall for her little games.

Either way you've done the right thing by going no contact. If she chases you then don't engage in stupid cat food conversation just ask her straight out to meet you...then bang her.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. So she texted me today (her bday) and asked when I'm going to take her out again and put a pair of lips at the end.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm tempted to say 'after we've slept together'

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never ask a woman if she misses you. She was put off by that. Only women ask that question.

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have two options, take her somewhere local close to your place and then head back to your, or invite her straight to yours to chill/watch a movie.

She'll know what's up in both of those scenarios.

Don't ask about cat food again, ever. Unless it's while you're banging ever.