Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl tells me I give serious 'player vibes'

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a date last night and all night long this girl keeps giving me sh!t about me putting out the 'player vibe'. I just roll it off with a cheeky smile and 'Yeah probably'. Apparently she got hurt before and told me about 'walls' she put up around strangers. Told me she was looking for a serious LTR and I seemed like the kind of guy that wouldn't commit and into casual relationships only.

Continued escalation but she shut me down when I tried escalating towards the kiss (held her at the waist) Didn't go for the kiss. My gut feel tells me this girl is interested but definitely has her own issues to sort out. How should I go about pursuing this girl? I really like her. Thanks.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She was honest with you, how about you be honest with her? She's looking to get to know someone for an LTR. If you're not into that, tell her you guys arent looking for the same thing and move on.

Are you looking to make keep her at status plate even tho she was hones with you about what she was looking for?

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"My gut feel tells me this girl is interested but definitely has her own issues to sort out. How should I go about pursuing this girl? I really like her."

Ask for her permission to follow her on Instagram. Like every picture she posts and tell her how she's the most beautiful girl in the world.

Buy flowers and chocolate and send them to her place of work every couple of days.

Don't forget to write a note telling her what a nice guy you are.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She was honest with you, how about you be honest with her? She's looking to get to know someone for an LTR. If you're not into that, tell her you guys arent looking for the same thing and move on.

Are you looking to make keep her at status plate even tho she was hones with you about what she was looking for?
I think that's too early to say whether I'd commit for an LTR on a FIRST date.

I did tell her that I'm not actively looking for a relationship but would commit if the right girl comes along. Until then, its about enjoying each others' company.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"My gut feel tells me this girl is interested but definitely has her own issues to sort out. How should I go about pursuing this girl? I really like her."

Ask for her permission to follow her on Instagram. Like every picture she posts and tell her how she's the most beautiful girl in the world.

Buy flowers and chocolate and send them to her place of work every couple of days.

Don't forget to write a note telling her what a nice guy you are.
Sounds good. Should I ask her for what type of flowers she likes? I was thinking about higher grade chocolate but that might come off too tryhard.

Also what should I write in the note so I can come across genuine and not tryhard/needy?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If anything, that you give out a "player vibe" is one of the reasons why she wants you. At least that's what I think.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you handled her just fine. A wait & see attitude is a good one to have. You were candid but from your own frame. Well done.

Who cares what she says. What does she do? So far she resisted your advances but you think she likes you.

So, maintain mystery and ask her out again if it pleases you. See how she responds. If you like the way she responds ask her out again. Repeat as suits you. Let her show you who she is if you like her. Do not create fantasies in your head...just stay grounded.

Touch base perhaps between dates, but be mostly scarce.

We women like a player in spite of ourselves. Players are comfortable with women and never out of control of themselves. Women find this intriguing and sexy. Build sexual tension. Be suggestive but elusive. Exude charm but grace. The most erotic power you have lies in your mind.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that's too early to say whether I'd commit for an LTR on a FIRST date.

I did tell her that I'm not actively looking for a relationship but would commit if the right girl comes along. Until then, its about enjoying each others' company.
lol, agreed. that's not what I meant, lol. You told her well. Females and males tend to not be on the same timeline. A man likes to get to know a female so he knows he is being loyal to the right female. A female, esp if secks is involved, wants that commitment. It's a fun little dynamic the opposite sexes have to navigate!

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Terrible advice. You're advocating that what she says she wants = what she really wants. Unfortunately, @Konada will hear variations on this exact same riff: "I only fvck guys I'm in a relationship with," "We're not having sex tonight," "I'm looking for a relationship," "I would never cheat on my boyfriend" any number of times throughout his journey with women. 99% of the time these are all bullsh1t. Women HAVE TO SAY STUFF LIKE THIS. Even if they really, really, really want to sleep with you, they HAVE to say stuff like this in the off-chance that sleeping with you would lower her social value in your eyes or the eyes of her friends.

The good news is that this means SHE SEES YOU AS HIGH VALUE. Your opinion matters to her; and she doesn't want to mess this up. The bad news is that YOU'VE ABNEGATED YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS A MAN TO LEAD, TO OUTLINE EXPECTATIONS, TO PROVIDE HER WITH COMFORT THAT SLEEPING WITH YOU WOULD BE A GOOD THING.

So let's take what she says: "You seem like a player" and break it down into it's subtext: "You're doing things that are turning me on. If you're turning me on, you probably turn other girls on. But I need reassurance that you turn other girls on, or else I'm about to make an error in hypergamy. And I need reassurance that you are the kind of guy who turns a lot of other girls on so that I know you won't judge me if I sleep with you." Basically, a congruence test; she needs to know that you are what you're presenting yourself as.

However, the problem is that, from what I know of you're posting history, is that you're not...yet. So she's putting social pressure on you. Men who feel the weight of social pressure (low value men--sexually, anyway; inexperienced men) will cave. A player is 'bad.' 'Women don't like players.' Me? No, I'm not a player; god, I hate men who mislead women. For her, when she hear that, she thinks: "Thank, God! This is a man who hasn't turned other women on. Well, it was nice meeting you--but I'm just not ready for a relationship." Men in the middle range will think, "Ohhhh, she's a 'good girl.' I need to take this one out to dinner a couple times. Maybe she is a unicorn--girlfriend material--I better be a gentleman." To this, she thinks, "Oh, he has high boyfriend value--I can get his commitment and he is easily influenced. But he has low lover value; since if he had been with more women he'd know I was full of sh1t." The middleground may or may not lead to a relationship and eventually sex. In 2017, probably neither but she may need a boyfriend for pictures on social media since it's been a while and she doesn't want to seem like a slvt and, well, all of her friends are in relationships and Valentine's Day is coming up.

But what would the high value, sexually-savvy (or at least the man aspiring to be high value & sexually savvy) do? He knows that the fact that he is popular with women will only add to the attraction; but he also knows that being too overt will engage her ASD and social-conditioning. So he might tease her, joke, pressure flip, defer engagement (like you did). Better yet, he'd be congruent and imply his experience with women before she had the chance to call him on it: "Most women do this...most women do this" are your best friends in conversation. Doesn't even have to be accurate--girls will believe that your experience with women potentially outweighs their own. Or you can use "Most guys...." I.E. "You know, most guys would beg for the chance to be your boyfriend. Buy you flowers. Ashley, why won't you text me back. What did I do wrong."--which implies that you also know what women experience and is basically your way of calling her bluff indirectly: "I know how I'm supposed to react to this sh1t test but I'm not that guy."

Once you're actually seeing other women and have passed this kind of test before, you're much less likely to get this particular sh1t test in the first place. These days, I might get one or two really hard sh1t tests on my open: "We can't talk to you. I'm telling my friend how I got an abortion today." Or "Wow, did you really just say that. You're a fvcking d1ck." Things of that nature. (The closer she is to sleeping with you or the older/more experienced the girl--the much harsher the tests, usually). But I pass those tests and it's smooth sailing. I've had 3 or 4 girls in the last couple months tell me on their own volition, more or less, "Look, I know you have to see other girls. It's just who you are and I'm OK with that."

But back to this particular situation. You haven't fully passed this test yet. She still doesn't know whether you're that guy or whether you're the guy who will invite her to a nice dinner, refrain from escalating, etc. In the future, skip the kiss but try to take her home--you can kiss her there but kissing her before you get her home is pretty much telling her you're just looking for the consolation prize/cheap validation. If I were you, I'd still try to invite her over via text after a couple days' radio silence--to play Uno or drink wine or some other reason that won't trigger ASD. She either will or she won't; she might need more comfort--a couple back & forths via text message is fine, but keep it short. If she doesn't respond, wait a week or two & invite her for drinks somewhere. But basically, you want to directly & shamelessly confront the incongruence she tested you on.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Had a date last night and all night long this girl keeps giving me sh!t about me putting out the 'player vibe'.
When a girl says you "come off like a player", what she's saying is that:

- You are comfortable around women
- You look pretty good
- You look like someone that other women want to be with

- And based on the above, you look like someone that might be trying to add me to your bed count

ALL of these are good qualities, again, doesn't mean that she will let you smash because she might intentionally withdraw just to try and hurt your "ego". What do I mean? I mean she WANTS to smash you but doesn't want to be added to your "bed count", so she says let me deliberately try to hurt this guy's ego by not fvcking with him.

Unfortunately, with situations like this, it's just an insecurity within the girl that you probably aren't going to get over. It's a part of the numbers game.

My gut feel tells me this girl is interested but definitely has her own issues to sort out.
Bingo. And it's not your job to wait around for her to sort them out either. It's just a part of the numbers game buddy, remember you get 20 numbers, get 12 dates, and fvck 5 of those dates. The 7 dates that you didn't fvck will fall into various categories, including THIS ONE, which is a chick with insecurity issues. You have no control over that.

How should I go about pursuing this girl? I really like her. Thanks.
Well, you have to NEXT her if she's going to keep acting like an a.ss. YES, you are a young attractive guy and YES, other women probably want to sleep with you. So she's going to have to either get the fvck over that, or you say screw it and NEXT HER.

Based on my experience with these types of girls, I think you should NEXT her. I think all she's going to do going forward is try to screw with your "ego" to quote, unquote "make you more humble and less arrogant", even though technically you aren't doing anything that's "arrogant".

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@BeExcellent

Invited her to the park and i got this:

Me: Planning to check out a park this Sunday night. Would you like to join me?

Hb: Hahahah. Maybe if its in the day, I can't do night. Sorry. Anyway I'm not the fun type of person you're looking for. Seriously. You'd be so bored with me :D

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a squirrelly reply if I ever saw one. So @Konada what have you learned from her response?

You reached out. Great! She responded with a flakey wishy washy (insecure/neurotic) response. Congrats. You have saved yourself some time. It's the weekend. Go enjoy it and meet more chicks.

If in a week or so you want to reach out again to this one, a simple "Hey" via text will do. IF she responds to the text AND if you want ask her out again do so. If no response at all or something else weird, drop it like it's on fire.

Your time is valuable. Never waste your time.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Takes one to know one. Smirk

Yes I love playing hockey hence my name!

Zero fvcks given, it's giving her tingles but she can't comprehend why.

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
She's not interested. Give her the gift of disappearing. And next time a girl says you are a player, put her hand on your c0ck and say, "What do you mean?"

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's not interested. Give her the gift of disappearing. And next time a girl says you are a player, put her hand on your c0ck and say, "What do you mean?"
Well I'm fvcking frustrated because I really like this girl. Could it have been something that I fvcked up on the first date?

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
Well I'm fvcking frustrated because I really like this girl. Could it have been something that I fvcked up on the first date?
If you want to bang scores of hot women, first you must stop pedestal-ing women after just one date (or any date). Who is she whom deserves a whole thread of thought; who deserves to be "really liked" by you?

Women are objects until proven further. Flirt with them. Kiss them. Fvck them. But keep them demoted--mentally. Your eagerness is palpable in this thread. There is no doubt it is this same eagerness which turns women away.

dwan2

Reaction score
You seem like a player is one of the best things you can possibly hear. You're such a nice guy is the worst.