Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl picks an expensive place to hang out...

forgottenDreams

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just looking for fun ways to counter a girl who picks an over-priced place to go have drinks for a first date.

She goes: I was thinking [place x], but whatever you want is ok.
I now this translates to: Take me to [place x].

Please share your wisdom on how you would reply to her :D

UPDATE: I thought it's an indication she's a gold digger? Now I'm confused.

Last edited:

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
forgottenDreams said:
I'm just looking for fun ways to counter a girl who picks an over-priced place to go have drinks for a first date.

She goes: I was thinking [place x], but whatever you want is ok.
I now this translates to: Take me to [place x].

Please share your wisdom on how you would reply to her :D
Herp-a-derp. Just give her your suggestion on what to do. If you do it without being a wuss she won't care. She told you herself she's OK with it.

I know you think it means you should take her to place X. But she'd rather you strongly set the place than supplicate and go along with whatever she has to say. A little counter intuitive, but trust me on this. Call her or the next time you see her tell her "I think place Y would be a better time let's go there."

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I personally like going to the most expensive places but only getting one drink and maybe an appetizer. Just sit at the bar. Tell her you'll get a table if you ever decide to propose marriage to her. Is a $10 drink versus $7 drink going to break the bank? Don't take her then. But if you don't have an extra $6 you are too broke to date anyone. Dating is part of the mating (i.e. having children) ritual. You are supposed to be providing for her survival and showing your generosity and ability to support offspring (or at least spending sprees).

And for the one drink she can still FB photos of herself at her favorite place, in the trendier lounge area.

forgottenDreams

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I personally like going to the most expensive places but only getting one drink and maybe an appetizer. Just sit at the bar. Tell her you'll get a table if you ever decide to propose marriage to her. Is a $10 drink versus $7 drink going to break the bank? Don't take her then. But if you don't have an extra $6 you are too broke to date anyone. Dating is part of the mating (i.e. having children) ritual. You are supposed to be providing for her survival and showing your generosity and ability to support offspring (or at least spending sprees).

And for the one drink she can still FB photos of herself at her favorite place, in the trendier lounge area.

I'm surprised no one thinks she's trying to use me?
Honestly that's the first thing that came to my mind when she suggested an over-priced pub for a first date. Maybe I'm wrong then? :crazy:

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are these drinks $20 apiece? Does it really matter where you go? Maybe she will be more comfortable there or she likes the place. I think you are overanalyzing.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you're over-analyzing, OP. If a chick proposes that you take her to an expensive place, she's trying to set the frame. It's not about the money you spend on that date, it's about that date setting you up for spending lots of money throughout the relationship.

And keep in mind that Big Neil dates strippers, who are always on the take. And that's fine with him. Most guys are not interested in women like that. You should be setting the frame in a way that allows you to get the most p*ssy for your money.

Here's your equation:

[(Amount of pvssy)*(hotness of pvssy)] / [(money spent getting pvssy)*(time spent getting pvssy)] = Success

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cant really elaborate but I smell something wrong in how this date is getting planned, I agree with Zarky that she is setting the frame and thats not a great thing at least in my experience.

In my experience all the girls which tried to set the frame were either no interested in me except as "friend" (read it entarteinment) or were the type of girls you really dont need in your life if you care about your mental health.

My suggestion is to reframe completely and say that you heard about a place that some guys at work/gym found pleasable and you want it to try yourself, according to her reaction you have further elements to evaluate.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She can "want" to go to the moon, that doesn't mean squat! Why in the hell are you even negotiating where you go? She's not the wife you married 10 years ago and you are planning an anniversary date, it's a preliminary date to get to know her, so you pick the place YOU want to go to, regardless of her expensive suggestion. Even if the pace is dirt cheap, YOU pick it, unless she is the one who came up to you and asked you out.

Just like zarky said, set the frame so she can follow, or she's gonna wear the pants.

visions

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
I don't think you're over-analyzing, OP. If a chick proposes that you take her to an expensive place, she's trying to set the frame. It's not about the money you spend on that date, it's about that date setting you up for spending lots of money throughout the relationship.

And keep in mind that Big Neil dates strippers, who are always on the take. And that's fine with him. Most guys are not interested in women like that. You should be setting the frame in a way that allows you to get the most p*ssy for your money.

Here's your equation:

[(Amount of pvssy)*(hotness of pvssy)] / [(money spent getting pvssy)*(time spent getting pvssy)] = Success
zarky's right on... don't let her set the frame. i'm talking from experience

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
If a girl uses you for a whole year or two - imagine how hot she must have been!

forgottenDreams

Don Juan
Reaction score
visions said:
zarky's right on... don't let her set the frame. i'm talking from experience
Perfect thanks, I will pick a place to go.
I did initially say I will find a place to hang out and let you know, but I added a little note at the end of my message to her saying "I'm open to suggestions if you know any places".

Lesson learnt :up:

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's fine to solicit suggestions, but in the end you make the call. If she has a problem with it, she can find another guy.

mrlocario

Banned
Reaction score
Who cares what this chick wants. You need to set up the date to fit what you want to do. Let her know before the date where you are going to take her.

JulieWatson31

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have used something like 'not telling you where I am taking you, it's a surprise'

Then go where YOU want not her!