Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl now available?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

There's this girl that I met just a week or so ago. I pretty quickly took a liking to her, but it turns out she already had a boyfriend that she'd been going out with for a while. Anyway, she still seemed to be flirting with me somewhat and has continued to do so (last time I was hanging out with her was two nights ago). Anyway, I was bored today and parused her myspace profile, only to find a blog post saying she and her boyfriend had just broken up (presumably in the last 24 hrs or so).

The only problem is that she claims it is a "good thing" because she supposedly needs to know that she can not be dependent on other people, stay single for a little while (she's supposedly had a long string of constant boyfriends), blah blah blah...

Is that whole second paragraph pure nonsense, or might she conceivably have a real desire to stay single?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beware of being the "rebound guy." :nono:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm curious so I'll trade 'ya. You explain why you believe being the rebound guy is a good thing then I'll exply why it's not. :up:

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just figured anything that helped you get the girl was good. Use every advantage -- that sort of concept. Most attractive girls seem to go from boyfriend to boyfriend anyway so if you snooze, you'll probably lose.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is good if you just want casual sex, but bad if you actually like her.

Rebound chicks have a tendency to fake an intense relationship with you, then one day, she makes plans to come over, she stands you up, she stops answering her phone, and you never see her again. She uses you for an ego boost. That could hurt if you let it.

Well, any girl could do that, but rebound girls are a lot worse about it. Especially if she was dumped. Girls go crazy when they get dumped. Mostly, it only happens one in her lifetime.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm, wise words that I should definitely keep in mind

Altho, like I said, she seemed to be coming onto me even beforehand. And I get the idea that she initiated the break-up. I'm not vain enough to suppose that I'm the reason she broke up with this guy, but I suspect I may have contributed to it.

The main reason, I think, is that her bf was acting like a total chump. He was consantly calling and texting her and stuff. I mean, real relationships are supposed to involve communication, but seriously... Then again, maybe I just think the way I do because I've been hanging around you guys too long. ;)

Burgundy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
It is good if you just want casual sex, but bad if you actually like her.

Rebound chicks have a tendency to fake an intense relationship with you, then one day, she makes plans to come over, she stands you up, she stops answering her phone, and you never see her again. She uses you for an ego boost. That could hurt if you let it.

Well, any girl could do that, but rebound girls are a lot worse about it. Especially if she was dumped. Girls go crazy when they get dumped. Mostly, it only happens one in her lifetime.

PLEASE listen to Phyzzle. Obsidian it seems like you want us to tell you what you want to hear. Everything in the above post i've experienced, it's kind of scary how true it exactly is.

If you want casual sex, you'll probably get it. But man, if you start to fall for her, you'll fall flat on your face and you'll be thinking wtf after the situation is over.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
I just figured anything that helped you get the girl was good. Use every advantage -- that sort of concept. Most attractive girls seem to go from boyfriend to boyfriend anyway so if you snooze, you'll probably lose.
Being the rebound guy you inherit several things:
  1. The past mistakes of her ex that she hasn't forgiven.
  2. Any anger that she has towards men that she can't take out on her ex.
  3. The possibility of being used to make the ex jealous
  4. The possibility of being used just to boost her bruised ego
  5. The possibility of being left in the dust if she isn't truly over him and he does something that an AFC would do to get her back.
This is why it is best for some other guy to be used to get these things out of her system and prove that she is over her ex. Your chances of success with her is greater if you're not the rebound guy but one of her subsequent guys if she doesn't go back to her ex.