Girl Keeps Wanting to Hook me up with her friends

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I met some girls in the same industry as me through a coworker of mine. After meeting her I ran into her several times, and every time she says that I should get lunch with her and a coworker of her's that she wants to set me up with. (We work pretty much 2 blocks away from each other).

I never got lunch with her, but I did meet the girl that she wanted to hook me up with one day when I dropped something off for her at the office (for strictly work purposes). I ran into her again tonight, she asked me what I thought about that girl. I said she wasn't my type. Then she proposed lunch again, and wants to hook me up with another coworker of hers.

What exactly is she doing here? Is this just some sort of weird/passive way of hitting on me?

prairiedog24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had this happen to me before too... never figured it out.

I think it's a tiny part hitting on you, and a tiny part just female boredom and meddling.

teddy240

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a woman, that is setting you up with different girls, i think you have a great situation. Your getting dates, with no investment. Id stick with it

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this isn't a bad situation surely?

Also girls love doing this kind of thing! There is nothing weird about it, and no hidden agenda about herself

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you trying to get with the girl that is hooking you up? That was my issue. I was trying to hook up with this girl, and she was trying to hook me up with her best friend. But before that, she asked what I thought about a different friend of hers. That was extremely frustrating.

If you aren't trying to get with this girl (and maybe even if you are)... ride the wave! Let her keep bringing girls to you.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
prairiedog24 said:
I've had this happen to me before too... never figured it out.

I think it's a tiny part hitting on you, and a tiny part just female boredom and meddling.
This. I've seen girls with boyfriends who I've suspected had a crush on me and later on they would try to set me up with girls or get sad when they found out I didn't have a girlfriend at the time. I think its just fun for them to play matchmaker.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, this has happened a few times. Some girls really dig the whole matchmaker thing. I agree that sometimes it seems like they're flirting, but other times it's come across as more platonic. Either way, not always a bad thing.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats wrong with a person doing 1/2 the work for you? As long as shes not trying to set you up with cows who cares..have fun with it. Next time she wants to 'do lunch' with her and a friend, you might try saying "i'd be interested in meeting your friend, but how about i just take you for lunch this time?" or something along those lines.. then gauge her response.

Top Bottom