Girl is going on a trip with me

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In July I'm going on a trip with a mate. However I still had two other places in my car and I was telling her about it. I ended up asking her with and oddly enough, even though I've only known her for a month, she accepted. We have to take a ferry and she wants to book it today, so I'm guessing she won't flake. It's a 10 day roadtrip by the way.

I take it this is at least some sign of interest on her part?

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure you want a girl you've only been seeing for 1 month to come on a 10 day roadtrip with you and your buddies?!?!

What has she done to earn this? Seems a little soon to me, but hey...to each his own.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BadNews said:
Are you sure you want a girl you've only been seeing for 1 month to come on a 10 day roadtrip with you and your buddies?!?!

What has she done to earn this? Seems a little soon to me, but hey...to each his own.
I haven't been seeing her. I've only known her for a month. We don't even date. I want her to come on the roadtrip, because we need to be with at least four people to be able to split the money spent on gas and stuff. She's cool and I get along with pretty much anybody and it's not the first time I've gone on a trip with a girl I didn't know.

Also, if she doesn't become my girlfriend or we don't date after, I couldn't care less to be frank. I just posted it here, because my mate assumes she would only agree to go if she really wants to have me and I was wondering what you guys thought about it.

don.dd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I go on road-trips with a buddy every year and the last thing I want is having a girl on board (who is not a mutual friend or a sex slave).

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AlexDP said:
In July I'm going on a trip with a mate. However I still had two other places in my car and I was telling her about it. I ended up asking her with and oddly enough, even though I've only known her for a month, she accepted. We have to take a ferry and she wants to book it today, so I'm guessing she won't flake. It's a 10 day roadtrip by the way.

A sign of interest?

I wouldn't want to spend 10 days on the road with a chick I'm trying to hook up with. There's nothing sexy about spending every waking minute of the day with a person.....for 10 days.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
A sign of interest?

I wouldn't want to spend 10 days on the road with a chick I'm trying to hook up with. There's nothing sexy about spending every waking minute of the day with a person.....for 10 days.
Exactly. If you have even the slightest amount of interest in getting with this girl, I would HIGHLY suggest you un-invite her. Taking her on a trip with your buddies to "help pay for gas" is a TERRIBLE excuse...I actually laughed out loud when I read that. If you wanna be "buddies" with her then w/e, bring her along. Spending 10 days with a girl you hardly know, WITH your buddies is just a terrible idea..especially if you're entertaining the idea of hooking up with her, or beginning a relationship with her.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BadNews said:
Exactly. If you have even the slightest amount of interest in getting with this girl, I would HIGHLY suggest you un-invite her. Taking her on a trip with your buddies to "help pay for gas" is a TERRIBLE excuse...I actually laughed out loud when I read that. If you wanna be "buddies" with her then w/e, bring her along. Spending 10 days with a girl you hardly know, WITH your buddies is just a terrible idea..especially if you're entertaining the idea of hooking up with her, or beginning a relationship with her.
I don't. It would be an added bonus, I don't particularly care which way it goes. But I wonder about her expectations. Some of you guys are a bit weird though, you do know girls are people right? There's nothing horrible in having a few girls as friends, just make sure you have sex with other girls.

The gas thing isn't an excuse. I put it as my Facebook status, because we're going on a trip through France, Corsica and Italy. Lots of people wanted to come with, but she was the one who was most straightforward about it and could confirm the fastest.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyways, same thing happened last year, the chick ended up being in love with me and I had to turn her down (she was a 6 at best). So it's not as if it doesn't happen.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You seem to be pretty confident with everything and say you have experiene with this same situation so why post? Also I'm sure you'll find out how high her interest is on the trip right?

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AlexDP said:
I don't. It would be an added bonus, I don't particularly care which way it goes. But I wonder about her expectations. Some of you guys are a bit weird though, you do know girls are people right? There's nothing horrible in having a few girls as friends, just make sure you have sex with other girls.
If a guy comes on this site asking about a girl, is it wrong to assume that the guy is romantically interested?

So, would it be wrong to recommend that a guy NOT take a 10-day road trip with a woman he is pursuing?

If you just want to be friends with her, then sure. Do whatever you want. I don't have anything against a man having female friends.

It's just weird to post a thread about a situation you claim not to care about....and then become defensive when people tell you that a 10-day road trip isn't the best way to start a hook-up with a girl.

Yes girls are people, and yes girls can be our friends. But if you're trying to pursue a girl romantically, then this isn't the best way to do it.....And that is what people are getting at.

AlexDP said:
Anyways, same thing happened last year, the chick ended up being in love with me and I had to turn her down (she was a 6 at best). So it's not as if it doesn't happen.
Anything CAN happen. You could vomit on a girl, and she might still like you. All we can do is make assumptions based on the most likely course of events. Right? Not base all our advice on some situation where you turned down a 6 who was in love with you.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AlexDP said:

The gas thing isn't an excuse. I put it as my Facebook status, because we're going on a trip through France, Corsica and Italy. Lots of people wanted to come with, but she was the one who was most straightforward about it and could confirm the fastest.
Then why do you care enough to come to the site and make a post about it?? Makes no sense bud. You're asking guys for their take on whether or not a girl is showing signs of interest...CLEARLY you have SOME desire to either sleep with this woman or get into a relationship with her.

Who makes a post asking whether or not a girl is showing signs of interest but apparently doesnt have any interest in said woman, or particularly care if anything happens with her? No need to backpeddle bud, if you're interested in the girl taking her on a trip with your buddies for 10 days is a moronic idea; you've only known her for 1 month...she can hardly be considered a friend at this point in time.

Why does a girl you've known for 1 month (that you're OBVIOUSLY interested in, though you seem to deny it now) deserve to go on a roadtrip for 10 days with you and your buddies? Makes no sense.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, read the third link in my signature.

I think you have a problem that many men have which is they are afraid to push the envelope with a woman by asking her out 1 on 1 so they invite her to hang around with their "clique."

If you were able to ask her on a trip why couldn't you have asked her out 1 on 1 just you two??

I know you might deny it (as most men do). But deep inside the real reason men invite women they are interested in to hang out with them + friends is because they are either afraid of rejection or afraid to push the envelope. Not only that but they hope that these women "will start liking them" because they invited them to parties/dinner with friends etc.

Asking a woman out 1 on 1 is pushing the envelope. It's sending her a clear signal that you see her as possibly more than friends. Guys love to complain about the friendzone but they don't help themselves by getting into situations that attract the friendzone.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
AlexDP said:

or she just wants a free trip out of you. 10 days is a long time man. she's not even your gf. why are you giving her a free 10 day trip when you not even with her? not my style

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I should explain a few things:

1) She is not getting a free trip. She is paying just like the rest of us and her being there actually makes it cheaper for me.

2) I lived in Italy for a year and I'm a tour guide, who travels to Italy with Belgian tourists, so I am used to spending trips with people I hardly know.

3) I am posting about this, because she's a reasonably attractive girl. My mate tells me that if she accepted this, she must be into me.

I wouldn't say no, but I'm also not going to chase her. I have other options too. What I am wondering about though is if you could see this as a sign of interest on her behalf? Like I said: if something happens, good, if it doesn't, meh. But there will be other girls who will matter more to me and being able to read women is a good thing.