Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl in Acting class speaks fluent Chinese!...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
I think what FA was trying to get at was that, she's an availiable opportunity to learn from.....
Finally, someone else actually considering the opportunity with the woman!!...

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We just did a scene today where we basically had to describe ourselves to the class. I found out she likes import cars and motorcycles and has a BF unfortunately...(FVCK!). I talked to her for a little bit during the break...she said she has mostly Chinese friends, i guess thats the reason why shes so interested in it, probably has a Chinese BF too....

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
We just did a scene today where we basically had to describe ourselves to the class. I found out she likes import cars and motorcycles and has a BF unfortunately...(FVCK!). I talked to her for a little bit during the break...she said she has mostly Chinese friends, i guess thats the reason why shes so interested in it, probably has a Chinese BF too....

Awww, you heart broken now buddy?

Tell her your not jealous. :up:

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
No No...I know what you're saying...im not in "love love"...im saying im really attracted to the qualities she has...because most other women cant do what she does. And this is not the first time ive mentioned i want to live in other countries to learn man...ive been wanting to do that..if you read some of my past threads you'll see...but im just saying it's definitely inspirational and beautiful to see a girl of such diverse culture know a language like that.
do you really think being attracted to HER qualities is going to make her attracted to YOU? think of how that portrays you to her, it's like bowing down to her. and you say you are infatuated because of this? LOL. chinese must be the new french in kens world.

her qualities are better respected than worshiped. just be yourself and do your best to be a good performer. now there is something SHE can respect. peace.

magnet7

Banned
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
You should tell her that you have a boyfriend too, that way she'll know you're not jealous ;)

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn you should've cracked a joke with her man...this is very similar to a situation that i had before. I don't remember what she said exaxctly, but the pattern of the convo was the same: see below

Her: i like candy
Me: cool me too. what else?
Her: hmm i like cars
Me: whoa me too.
HeR: i like music
Me: me too!
Her: I like boys
Me: me ... ohhh sneaky sneaky
Her: hahaha

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
no no...i know what you're thinking...you think im thinking AFC letting this girl get to my head when i don't even know her...but she sparked ideas in my head and if you read my earlier threads ive always wanted to travel to different countries and teaching English is a good way to do that, but its just talk right now...

wouldn't you guys think its cool to learn a new language people wouldn't have any idea that you know and just totally blow them away with it??
I am also fluent in Chinese, in Mandarin but not Cantonese. When I was a kid my dad was in the state department and we lived there for awhile. I remember on the train once I overheard a Chinese family talking about me and trying to figure out what country I was from, my age, etc. all the while reassuring their kid that I was just a stupid foreigner and cannot understand that they were talking about me. I turned around and started talking to them i n Chinese and answered some of the questions they had and needless to say, the look on their face was priceless. This was a fairly frequent occurence at that time because most of them just assumed that white people cannot speak their language.
I am impressed she can speak(and write?) both Mandarin and Cantonese with only a few years of learning and not even living there, in fact I cannot imagine someone being able to fluently speak it without living there and speaking it every day. Mandarin and Cantonese are almost like two different languages, and I had difficulty understanding spoken Cantonese even when I had a firm grasp of Mandarin.
As far as an accent, I think anyone opening their mouth in Chinese will sound like they have a "Chinese" accent to an outsider. I don't think there is even such thing as a standard Chinese accent outside of perhaps Beijing. Go anywhere and the accents change dramatically, kinda like someone from the West Coast going to rural Tennessee and trying to understand what they are saying lol.