Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl in Acting class speaks fluent Chinese!...

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres this HB9 white girl in my acting class that just blew me away today...when we were introducing each other, we had to let everyone know something special about us that not alot of people know... she said its not typical for a white girl but she can speak fluently in Chinese....

i was thinking like "wth??? shes gotta be joking" then i asked her "so do you speak mandarin or Cantonese?" She says shes fluent in both...then the class asked her to say something in Chinese...she did, and i have to tell you i was truly blown away!!

I think i fell in love at that moment, you would never expect a white girl, especially an HB9 (believe me, shes hot!) to be able to speak a language so diverse from her own culture. She said after she gets her Theatre degree, she hopes to move to Hong Kong and do acting over there...

I was so turned on...i have to have get to know this chick better...:eek:

She made me even think about learning a new language as well. Anyways...i just thought i should let everyone know...I hope i don't end up with oneitus with this chick...I know not to be AFC, ive been here for a long time so i can tell you that i know not to with girls...but this time its different...ive never wanted a chick more, I guess this is a big attraction trigger for me and this chick just dropped a bomb on me...please help me game her!!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
...She made me even think about learning a new language as well.
And how pray tell do you plan on doing that??!! :whistle:

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
And how pray tell do you plan on doing that??!! :whistle:
Well, after school ends i want to move to other countries to teach English, and i figure its the best situation to learn because everyone there speaks the language so you are kind of forced to learn it...might take a few years but its possible...that girl took 6 years to learn 2 dialects, and she lives here...if i was in China or something it'll probably be way quicker.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
Well, after school ends i want to move to other countries to teach English, and i figure its the best situation to learn because everyone there speaks the language so you are kind of forced to learn it...might take a few years but its possible...that girl took 6 years to learn 2 dialects, and she lives here...if i was in China or something it'll probably be way quicker.
:confused:

are you serious?

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no no...i know what you're thinking...you think im thinking AFC letting this girl get to my head when i don't even know her...but she sparked ideas in my head and if you read my earlier threads ive always wanted to travel to different countries and teaching English is a good way to do that, but its just talk right now...

wouldn't you guys think its cool to learn a new language people wouldn't have any idea that you know and just totally blow them away with it??

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for it man. Being bi, tri, quad lingual is valuable and impressive.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
It takes A LOT longer to become fluent in Mandarin Chinese. There is NO WAY she became fluent living in the USA in a language like Mandarin. Just NO WAY. She probably speaks a little. I could fool people into believing I speak 7 or 8 languages, when in fact I consider myself fluent in only my native English. Becoming fluent is a life long process if you didn't grow up hearing it.

Teaching English is a scam. Every college student wants to do it. None of them end up doing anything other than drinking beer with other expats. If you want to learn a language find a culture that you are fascinated with and study for a year at home. Then spend a year BY YOURSELF in a country where that language is spoken. You still won't be fluent, but you will at least be able to get things done in the local language.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
meitenesrigas said:
It takes A LOT longer to become fluent in Mandarin Chinese. There is NO WAY she became fluent living in the USA in a language like Mandarin. Just NO WAY. She probably speaks a little. I could fool people into believing I speak 7 or 8 languages, when in fact I consider myself fluent in only my native English. Becoming fluent is a life long process if you didn't grow up hearing it.

Teaching English is a scam. Every college student wants to do it. None of them end up doing anything other than drinking beer with other expats. If you want to learn a language find a culture that you are fascinated with and study for a year at home. Then spend a year BY YOURSELF in a country where that language is spoken. You still won't be fluent, but you will at least be able to get things done in the local language.
If i were to teach English It would be by myself. I think traveling and living different cultures is essential to one's growth as a man. And dude, she sounded pretty good to me...my heart skipped a few beats it surprised me so much.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
no no...i know what you're thinking...you think im thinking AFC letting this girl get to my head when i don't even know her...but she sparked ideas in my head and if you read my earlier threads ive always wanted to travel to different countries and teaching English is a good way to do that, but its just talk right now...

wouldn't you guys think its cool to learn a new language people wouldn't have any idea that you know and just totally blow them away with it??
Of course learning a new language would be cool. But there's a HB9 that you think you're in love with who's fluent in Chinese right there yet you want to wait until you finish school and move to another country in order to learn! WTF!!! :confused:

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol any white person who says they are fluent in chinese is just bragging.. she may be able to speak but she will
A) Have an accent
B) Be using middle school level vocab at best
C) Not be able to read or write well

However, it is cool that she did learn 2 dialects..

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Of course learning a new language would be cool. But there's a HB9 that you think you're in love with who's fluent in Chinese right there yet you want to wait until you finish school and move to another country in order to learn! WTF!!! :confused:
No No...I know what you're saying...im not in "love love"...im saying im really attracted to the qualities she has...because most other women cant do what she does. And this is not the first time ive mentioned i want to live in other countries to learn man...ive been wanting to do that..if you read some of my past threads you'll see...but im just saying it's definitely inspirational and beautiful to see a girl of such diverse culture know a language like that.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad to see you're back in class btw.

Now go tickle the coochie.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3countriesPlan said:
lol any white person who says they are fluent in chinese is just bragging.. she may be able to speak but she will
A) Have an accent

Her accent sounded pretty damn good to me....not saying she is a proffessor of the language but if its just middle school vocab its still really good...most women her age can only speak middle school vocabulary in their native language of english anyway and write in "myspace talk" for ex. "LOL" "hahaha" "LMAO".

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3countriesPlan said:
A) Have an accent

I think people have too high of expectations for what they consider fluent in a different language. It's almost as if they are only fluent when they are better at the foreign language than their native language. People always say it's a lifelong process. Bullsh.t. Think about it, there's lots of words in English that I'll come across this year that I've never even heard of, but does that mean I'm not fluent-no, because there's I think 100,000 English words, which is insane. My definition of fluent in a different language is that you have the vocabulary and reading and writing skills of the average native person your age.

With Chinese of course that's going to mean a lot fewer white people are fluent in it, but there are white people that are fluent in it. That Canadian dude, I think with the name Da Shan is and he has an amazing chinese accent.

Besides I used to be perfectly fluent in mandarin and conversational in Taiwanese with a perfect Taiwanese accent when I was little but then lost it all when I moved back to America. I also saw several little american kids over in China recently that spoke with perfect accents.

That said, I would be amazed if this girl was fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese after only six years.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL LMAO

err.. wait wait. Everyone in this thread who doesn't believe her skills...please turn off your computer and go away. You're arguing on the INTERNET about some GIRL YOU NEVER SAW or HEARD with a GUY WHO ACTUALLY HEARD HER. Get a life seriously...

As for Ken, go for it man. Since you're Chinese, I assume you are, you have an advantage over all the other males...because she obvious digs Chinese/Chinese culture/people/language etc.

Here's what you do. SAY SOMETHING IN CHINESE TO HER.

It doesn't have to be direct if you're a pvssy :)D), but you can just be walking or in class if you're sitting next to her and just say "I wish I could speak chinese."

If it gets her attention...THEN YOU GOT THE BALL ROLLING AND ASK HER ABOUT WTF SHE IS DOING WITH HER LIFE LEARNING CHINESE, AKA THE BEST LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD.

If she ignores you and scratches her ass, then SHE IS A FAKE!!!

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wootapotky said:
I think people have too high of expectations for what they consider fluent in a different language. It's almost as if they are only fluent when they are better at the foreign language than their native language. People always say it's a lifelong process. Bullsh.t. Think about it, there's lots of words in English that I'll come across this year that I've never even heard of, but does that mean I'm not fluent-no, because there's I think 100,000 English words, which is insane. My definition of fluent in a different language is that you have the vocabulary and reading and writing skills of the average native person your age.

With Chinese of course that's going to mean a lot fewer white people are fluent in it, but there are white people that are fluent in it. That Canadian dude, I think with the name Da Shan is and he has an amazing chinese accent.

Besides I used to be perfectly fluent in mandarin and conversational in Taiwanese with a perfect Taiwanese accent when I was little but then lost it all when I moved back to America. I also saw several little american kids over in China recently that spoke with perfect accents.

That said, I would be amazed if this girl was fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese after only six years.
I'm not saying that whites can't be fluent. Fluency may mean being able to order a big mac meal in Shanghai to someone while meaning being able to carry on daily conversations with ease for others. My definition of fluent would be being able to function at a level equal to that of native speakers in a work place day in and day out in that language. Being able to function at work is a lot different than being able to function in daily conversation.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
No No...I know what you're saying...im not in "love love"...im saying im really attracted to the qualities she has...because most other women cant do what she does. And this is not the first time ive mentioned i want to live in other countries to learn man...ive been wanting to do that..if you read some of my past threads you'll see...but im just saying it's definitely inspirational and beautiful to see a girl of such diverse culture know a language like that.
I think what FA was trying to get at was that, she's an availiable opportunity to learn from.....

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3countriesPlan said:
I'm not saying that whites can't be fluent. Fluency may mean being able to order a big mac meal in Shanghai to someone while meaning being able to carry on daily conversations with ease for others. My definition of fluent would be being able to function at a level equal to that of native speakers in a work place day in and day out in that language. Being able to function at work is a lot different than being able to function in daily conversation.
Here's the problem I have with that though. What kind of a work place? At a restaurant, business company, construction, university the lingo is all going to differ. If you go into a new type of work there's going to be specific lingo that native speakers won't necessarily know at first.

I guess I've read so many of these chinese blogs where some foreigner will say how they still aren't fluent even after living in China for 8 years and having studied chinese before and they can have conversations with everyone on the street with 99% understanding and go to work everyday at a chinese workplace and do the same that it baffles me that they don't consider themselves fluent when native speakers themselves don't understand every word that they hear throughout a day.

But on the other hand you get people that study a language for a couple of months and consider themselves fluent. It's just two extremes.