Girl FRIEND from High School rejected me!

paracelsus

Reaction score
Hi,

There is a girl to whom I am in love with for 10 years, secreately. She did not know that until receantly, it was Platonic Love, at least from my side. We were going to High School together and we were very good friends. I thing that there was a little bit chemistry or interest from her side in High School, but it was 8 years ago and maybe that evaporated out of her BUT NOT OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP. It was only platonic, because I am shy, introvert...
A few months ago I contacted her via Facebook(because I see her rarelly and I am shy) and finally admitted to her that I am in love with her for 10 years since highschool. She did not respond me. I know she is not in a relationship. Now, I met her in the town and tried to talk to her but she ran out like I was chasing her with a knife, she did not want to talk to me(and I am really polite and nice guy, but very shy...) I know that I did something wrong, but I do not know what? IT WAS REJECTION, RIGHT?! Is there anything I can do???

SHOULD I REMAIN FRIENDS WITH HER AND IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO OR I HAVE LOST HER FOREVER??????HELP

Sorry for my English

THANX --

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If there is such a thing called Below Way Below AFC, this is it. Its all over, this is the end of the rail. Go to the gym, pump some iron, watch prison documentaries, get tatted up, get a cool haircut and come back to her within the year. Don't read the Book of Pook, don't next her, keep her within eyesight, do all those 4 things I suggested in order.

Biggie

Don Juan
Reaction score
This post is pretty retarded. You told her you were in love with her through facebook? Did you honestly think you'd get a positive response from that? Also, you said you've known her for like 10 years, but never showed interest until right now, all of the sudden? No wonder she isn't responding. She's probably never gonna talk to you again. Lesson learned.

Johnny_Kage

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's playing hard to get. It's obvious she likes you. Keep going for her.

pipe007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's OBVIOUS that she likes you dude!!
If I was you I would send one nice message every day, complimenting her, and telling her how much I love her and wish I could be with her...

also show concern MAN!!! BE A MAN, and ask her why she isn't responding to your messages, that way she will see you are persistent...

if you do this for a month, you will thank us in the future :)
oh and if you show up to her house with flowers, at least once, she will see the effort you are offering since she knows you are shy, and are taking initiative...

hope this helps

PATHETIC!!!!!

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bring a boombox to her house, stand outside in her yard by her window, hold the boombox over your head and play "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel...it WILL DEFINITELY get her attention!

Then follow it up the next day by bringing some of your friends over and standing outside her window and singing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" by The Righteous Brothers.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy comes to this website for help with a severe case of oneitis, and all you guys can do is belittle him and joke about it. Why are you even on this site if all you want to do is try to make yourselves feel better by mocking the people that are trying to better themselves and their skills with women? The way I see it, it is YOU who is pathetic, not the OP.

That being said, paracelsus...you DO need to read the DJ Bible. It's the link at the bottom left hand corner of your screen. That's a great place to start. Don't listen to these people that are trying to bring you down and set you up for failure. Not all the posters here are like that.

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away,

I'm so growing tired of you're recent self-righteousness dude. What about the posters that do not want to see a campaign of Looks Matter battles that rage on for days that you have deliberately continued on the main board? So you can miss me with that SS good samaritan etiquette bro.

In all honestly, I believe this guy is a troll. How did he find this forum? First time posters rarely come out with such a below AFC thread such as this. This is tasteless and not even AFC-related, it belongs on Loveshack. Why should we tell him to read the DJ Bible? How is that pro-active for his current state of affairs? Nothing. Most community forums would've deleted this thread.

#1 - Gym
#2 - Spaghetti Westerns
#3 - Tattoos

Read the Book of Pook when you've grasped what I'm trying to tell you OP.

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
The OP is definitely a troll and Just a Shot Away is PATHETIC for falling for it.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Oh Goddamn!

What Judge nismo sees here is a major oneitis case, the worst one ever. My verdict is simple, thanks to all the evidence sticking out like a sore thumb (Platonic, good friends, and no sex, etc.); she's just not that into you. Nor was she then. So go no contact, and follow what Mad Ghost said, except YOU NEED TO ACTUALLY read the Book of Pook and the DJB, AND DO NEXT HER.

Move on to another girl. Just do it like Nike.

Case closed. This court is adjourned.

TL79

Don Juan
Reaction score
paracelsus said:
Hi,

There is a girl to whom I am in love with for 10 years, secreately. She did not know that until receantly, it was Platonic Love, at least from my side. We were going to High School together and we were very good friends. I thing that there was a little bit chemistry or interest from her side in High School, but it was 8 years ago and maybe that evaporated out of her BUT NOT OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP. It was only platonic, because I am shy, introvert...
A few months ago I contacted her via Facebook(because I see her rarelly and I am shy) and finally admitted to her that I am in love with her for 10 years since highschool. She did not respond me. I know she is not in a relationship. Now, I met her in the town and tried to talk to her but she ran out like I was chasing her with a knife, she did not want to talk to me(and I am really polite and nice guy, but very shy...) I know that I did something wrong, but I do not know what? IT WAS REJECTION, RIGHT?! Is there anything I can do???

SHOULD I REMAIN FRIENDS WITH HER AND IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO OR I HAVE LOST HER FOREVER??????HELP

Sorry for my English

THANX --
I thing that there was a little bit chemistry or interest from her side in High School, but it was 8 years ago and maybe that evaporated out of her BUT NOT OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP

You wrote that you THOUGHT that there was chemistry but you didn't actually know. It looks like she just thought of you as a good 'friend' and that was it, since you never let her know you wanted otherwise. What was there to evaporate out of her? After 10 years if there was something it would've been gone a long time ago. I hope you haven't focused all of your energies for all those years on that one girl.

A few months ago I contacted her via Facebook(because I see her rarelly and I am shy) and finally admitted to her that I am in love with her for 10 years since highschool. She did not respond me.

:nono: So much wrong with this one. If you were going to write anything you should've wrote something like 'I had a little crush on you in highschool but I never told you.' Depending on how she responded you could've went from there. Saying that you've been in love with her for the last 10 years sounds creepy, no wonder she didn't respond.

Now, I met her in the town and tried to talk to her but she ran out like I was chasing her with a knife, she did not want to talk to me(and I am really polite and nice guy, but very shy...) I know that I did something wrong, but I do not know what? IT WAS REJECTION, RIGHT?! Is there anything I can do???

Friendship is OVER! If she's running from you like that then it's time to forget about her and move on. In reality though it maybe wasn't a real 'friendship' to begin with, you were more like acquaintances, people that know each other and are cordial, but not close enough to be considered a friend. If she was a real friend she would've probably told you she wasn't interested or something. It sounds like back in highschool you were the one always initiating the contact, talking to her before she talked to you, etc. There are girls out there that will accept you, unfortunately just not this one. Don't contact her, don't apologize, don't say a thing to her. Hope this helps.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Mad Ghost said:
Just a Shot Away,

I'm so growing tired of you're recent self-righteousness dude. What about the posters that do not want to see a campaign of Looks Matter battles that rage on for days that you have deliberately continued on the main board? So you can miss me with that SS good samaritan etiquette bro.
I'm not trying to be self-righteous, but I can sympathize with this dude on some level and the kind of pack mentality that's been shown here so far to just kick this dude while he's down is sick. As far as the looks threads go, I never start them and only participate in them when I hear something that's not true and is designed to instill self-limiting perspectives in other dudes. Not cool.

He could be a troll, but his story is believable enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's his first post. No reason to tear him apart just because his story is oozing with AFC. The ventriloquist guy is obviously a troll. That's a whole 'nother situation. But this guy's story is textbook. Not so far out of the realm of possibility at all.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
paracelsus said:
Hi,

Sorry for my English

THANX --
You have to strike when the iron was hot....you said she might have liked you during high school and that's a good thing... only why did you wait 10 years to do anything about it? Second she's ignoring your contact and running away from you.. yes that is rejection I'm sorry to say.

So you wanted to know the things you did wrong:
1) You waited too long. Sometimes even a few days is too long, you waited YEARS.
2) You contacted her over facebook to tell her something as big as you "love her"
3) You told her you loved her secretly for ten years. Usually when you tell a girl you love her and you haven't even been dating or having sex she gets weirded out. Telling her you loved her for ten years will make her run.
4) You keep mentioning your "platonic love". If I'm correct you were hoping to enter a relationship after being friends for so long, but love through the friendship route rarely occurs

If you had a time machine I'd recommend
1) Starting up extremely short small talk and invite her to a date or get her number over facebook, nothing else over facebook
2) Go on a date and escalate, hopefully she's receptive
3) Never ever mention you've fallen for her, get her to fall for YOU

You don't have a time machine in the sense that you messed it up with this girl. I wouldn't wait around for her to contact you because my bet is she ain't. There will be more girls though. Listen to what Just a Shot Away said and start reading the DJ Bible and asking more questions..

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, that is psycho type ish. F'n troll.

P

perseverance

pipe007 said:
it's OBVIOUS that she likes you dude!!
If I was you I would send one nice message every day, complimenting her, and telling her how much I love her and wish I could be with her...

also show concern MAN!!! BE A MAN, and ask her why she isn't responding to your messages, that way she will see you are persistent...

if you do this for a month, you will thank us in the future :)
oh and if you show up to her house with flowers, at least once, she will see the effort you are offering since she knows you are shy, and are taking initiative...

hope this helps

PATHETIC!!!!!
What's pathetic is the fact you feel the need to "big yourself up" on an Internet forum by mocking an emotionally torn man who has come here looking for advice. Aren't you the Ronnie Kray of SoSuave.net?

Paracelsus: After ten years it must have been great to finally disclose that piece of information (ten years too late)? Okay, she rejected you, but what does that tell you? That tells you she isn't the right woman for you and that she was never a really good friend in the first place. I say, delete her from facebook, block her as well if you need too and leave her in your past. Move on and find someone else.

Also it might benefit you to read the Book of Pook while you are here and ArcBound's advice is fantastic and you should remember it when going after the next woman that appears before your headlights.

paracelsus

Reaction score
I could not tell her that because I was very shy, introvert and I ddi not want to ruin our friendship because I like her as a person, she is very nice person!!!!!!
But I could not hold it in myself and I created FB profile with false name because i thought she is in relationship, so it was pointless from my point of view. ButI have told her from the very beggining that it is not my reall name and that we knows each other very long time but I could not tell her because I was shy and afraid to not lose her as a friend. Then she told me that she is not in relationship and inisisted that I introduce myself. When I introduced she quit any correspndance with me!! i THINK that there was a little bit chemistry because she hugged me arround my belly in high school and did not want to let me. It was obvious what is going on but I could not do anything about it and i told her let me go and she did and she had that expression of face: What a jerk! Do you think that she remembers that and now she is doing some revenge to me? There is one more thing, I think that she maybe has some prejudices about me because I rarely go out, have only few close friends and I know that it is not attractive and I know that she knows how I live so maybe she has some prejudices about me?!??!
I would really want to stay frineds with her because she is very nice person, but I am afraid that she will never talk to me again to the rest of our lives. What should I tell her ? Lets stay friends? Do you wanna stay friends?

paracelsus

Reaction score
And yes, I have send her many massages via FB after that and swaerd to God it was not a joke, but she did not replie to me. I even went to her place wher she is living, but she did nnot want to open, she pretended to be her roommate but I recgnized her voice, it was her. When I met her in town she was schocked and asked me " How did you find me were I live? She was pissed. And than she ran away, said let me go ,just let me go OK?
She was very eager to repli to me when I was anonymus, she maybe thought it is some guy that hangs arround here, she did not have a clue it was me because we do not see ourselves very often, she lives in another town!

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just imagine some overweight girl lets say she was a 5 and you were friends with her 10 years ago. Then all of a sudden she emails you that she was madly in love with you yet she didn't have the confidence to ask you on a date.

Then you didn't answer so she went to your house to see you.

How would you feel about that, real awkward right?

Now lets re write the story, lets say she lost 70 pounds, she's in shape and now has the look of a really hot girl. Do you think she would be thinking of a guy from 10 years ago? Not at all, she would have guys trying to win her over.

I suggest you do the same.