Girl Doesn't Reply

xj220

Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried searching but nothing was really turning up. Here's the situation, I met this girl and we've been emailing each other for a bit and it seems like we've hit it off really well. Unfortunately, it's about 5 days or so since she replied to my last email. Now I understand it's better to call or meet in person, but logistically it isn't possible so I want to focus on this situation since it brought some questions to mind: how long is too long before I should say something to her and what do I say when I email her again? We usually haven't gone more than a day without an email being sent for reference.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you know this girl in real life? If you do, all this emailing thing is pretty BS and it'd be better to talk to her in person or on the phone.

If you don't, and she's simply stopped replying the emails, I'd simply leave it. You can try sending another email but when if a girls emails just stopped I'd take the hint that the interaction is really going nowhere.

xj220

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know her in real life but we've been making some plans to get together (I'm on leave right now so I can't see her just yet). She just hasn't replied to my last email so it's not like I've been sending a bunch say "why don't you respond." Thanks for the reply though.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hm yeah, one possible reason for getting no reply could be lack of rapport in real life. In other words, she's not sure if she can really be arsed to take this further due to lack of properly knowing each other in real life.

You might get a reply eventually, I'd just hope for that. If you do, get her digits and give her a call to establish some real rapport and comfort so that she's (ideally) eager to meet up with you. Good luck bro :)

xj220

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good call, I've been thinking about getting some digis and giving her a call. My plan was to open up with that I was disappointed I hadn't heard from her in awhile and then go on normally like it never happened. I'll send one more email and call it if I don't hear anything.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether you express disappointment about not hearing from her is up to you but personally I wouldn't. I'd probably just send something that sounds in a good mood/high spirits, as though you've just had a cool and exciting last few days, asking her how she's getting on.

If you get no reply, probably best just to leave it at that mate.

Smartone84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well hold on a second.... Did you ask her something in the email? If not, its not necessary for her to really write anything back. You got her number? good, make something happen. If there has one thing i've learned over the years when dealing with girls online, its to undoubtedly STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT

xj220

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just sent her an email based off of shaunuk's responses. The thing is, she was suggesting that we hang out and do things together which I agreed to, but told her it'd have to wait until Jan when I can get back in town. Now we'll see if she replies, if not it's her loss/problem.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
xj220 said:
I just sent her an email based off of shaunuk's responses. The thing is, she was suggesting that we hang out and do things together which I agreed to, but told her it'd have to wait until Jan when I can get back in town. Now we'll see if she replies, if not it's her loss/problem.
Do you really have that belief though? If she doesn't reply, it's her problem?

I think the problem is that you're RELYING on a reply from this chick.

If it wasn't a big deal to you, you wouldn't have asked us.

The #1 rule of communication with women is the ability to take it or leave it. If she doesn't feel the need to respond, so what. She missed out.

Secondly, email is a really poor way to make a connection with a woman. Email is for friends and associates.

You say you guys 'hit it off' which maybe you did; as friends. It's extremely tough to attract a woman by just talking to her through email. She can't hear your voice, she can't see how you act, she doesn't know if she can trust you. Let me repeat, there is zero to LITTLE chance of seduction when you talk to a chick through email.

Grab her phone number, give her a ring and talk to her a little bit. I understand you can't meet up with her right this moment, but if you want any attraction to spark, you're going to have to do it sooner or later, because sending emails back and forth is the way of friends. You don't want to be a friend do you?

xj220

Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, thanks for the replies. The tough love, kick in the ass type replies are what I need to keep me out of pansyville. Anyways, so I sent an email asking for her number and today she replied with the digits. I was thinking about calling on the 26th because of Christmas, unless tomorrow isn't too soon.

TheNastyAfrican

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is how I look at it....when I like a girl how long would I go before I respond? My is theory is simple, if somebody truly is in to someone else they will look for any opportunity to communicate with the object of their affection, be it phone, text, email, whatever.

Just my 2 cents

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
TheNastyAfrican said:
This is how I look at it....when I like a girl how long would I go before I respond? My is theory is simple, if somebody truly is in to someone else they will look for any opportunity to communicate with the object of their affection, be it phone, text, email, whatever.

Just my 2 cents
You aRE USING LOGIC... WOMEN ARE NOT LOGICAL AND OFTEN HAVE MANY MANY OPTIONS ...

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
You aRE USING LOGIC... WOMEN ARE NOT LOGICAL AND OFTEN HAVE MANY MANY OPTIONS ...
Actually this is sad but true.

To OP,

Move on buddy. Nothing much you can do here. If she misses you/WAS interested in you/had an emotional connection with you, she WILL say hi again. But you cannot be needy. You have played your part, so from this point on its her loss if she doesn't put in her share of the effort in building a relationship.

The more time you waste on a girl with low IL, the more opportunities, besides her, you are likely to miss.

REMEMBER, this game is not about what YOU do, but what you get HER to do. Its all about HER investment. You need to get her to invest in you. So don't be needy, let her put in some investment, some effort to pursue you.

xj220

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that I have her number, I'll call her after Christmas and try to gauge things from there. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see her for another two weeks so now I've got to try and maintain interest over the phone. ****ing sweet.

Top Bottom