Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl called me a puppy.

FortunateSon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl at my work place called me a puppy. I know it's a bad thing but I believe she called me this because I refused to flirt with her because it would cause me problems at work. Well she has gone around my work referring to me as a puppy and I'm afraid this will have bad repercussions for me in work. What should I do? More importantly why did she refer to me as a puppy and how do I not come across as puppy in the future?

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FortunateSon said:
This girl at my work place called me a puppy. I know it's a bad thing but I believe she called me this because I refused to flirt with her because it would cause me problems at work. Well she has gone around my work referring to me as a puppy and I'm afraid this will have bad repercussions for me in work. What should I do?

She called you bad names? Oh no! Well the first thing you should do is tell the principal.

If it's really a big deal, then tell her in a clear, professional tone that your workplace is not the kind of place for that talk. What else can you do? Well, I'd hump her leg. But that's just me.

More importantly why did she refer to me as a puppy and how do I not come across as puppy in the future?
Why did she refer to you as a puppy? How should I know? It's not like you told us about your conversations/interactions with her. So far, all I know is that she calls you a puppy....it's up to you to tell me about how you act around her.

FortunateSon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She has made it clear that she wants to screw me. she has grabbed my butt. she has been flirting with me heavily, but because she is a work colleague and my bosses frown on work colleagues getting involved with each other I have been largely unresponsive to her. I guess that's why she has referred to me as a puppy dog. I could be wrong tho, I don't know.

I've never been called a puppy dog before so I am not sure what I've done to be called a puppy dog or why I have been called a puppy.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Show her this puppy bites, like confront her about the name with an element of friendly hostility and sarcasm. Id say something like "Hey so what's up with all this puppy business? What do you think I should call you?" And just stand there shut up and look into her eyes waiting for an answer. She'll either take it very defensively (you smile say "wow" and walk away) Or she'll actually find a name for herself ("OK that's what were going to call you then, i'd hate to be the one having all the fun here. My little puppette") if she chokes and says nothing then ("OK then i'm going to call you Ms. Puppy and i'll be Mr. Puppy so now we both have little terms of endearment for each other") And use the name to refer to her! Some of these scenarious accomplish two things not only are you kinda "boyfriending" with some of these by projecting the both of you together or suggesting that the nickname may be more (you never know you may lay this one), but your demonstrating to her that your not going to let her be so subjective/objective/disrespectful of you by bringing her into this nickname crap. Personally, I take offense to nick names coming from a girl I like being called by my name because im proud of it, nicknames always carry some kind of hidden meaning that's usually negative unless it comes from a good friend or something. If you do this correctly without being to threatning she will respect you more for it, she obviously likes you at least a little bit because of all this attention try to lay it bro. Use the nickname thing to get to know her better and offer to get some "puppy chow" one day with her. THEN THE COPULATION!!!!

thewickedm

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am just wondering.. why did you not just lay her but set some solid ground rules like it's nothing serious and she has to keep it discreet at the workplace? It's not right you have to right a field report to your bosses every time you lay a co worker right?

FortunateSon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thewickedm said:
I am just wondering.. why did you not just lay her but set some solid ground rules like it's nothing serious and she has to keep it discreet at the workplace? It's not right you have to right a field report to your bosses every time you lay a co worker right?
I wanted to believe me I wanted to but she has a big mouth and loves to gossip. I don't want my private life to worm its way into my work life that's why I haven't bothered. She seems to have no problem discussing her sex life with other work colleagues and I don't want to be talk of the place. I've heard people have lost their jobs over this kinda shizzle.

Pathgen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore it. Eventually if she is using the puppy thing as a negative thing around the workplace and you don't dig in to it nobody else will. If others start calling you puppy, you can politely remind them why she did this in the first place (wants what she can't have) and subtly remind them that by calling you puppy it sounds like there interested in you also lol. You don't need to feed this fire, and you could be called a lot worse of things than a puppy.

She is acting immature and in my experience in the adult world people will recognize that and not really care. It is only us sometimes that take it too personally.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
FortunateSon said:
This girl at my work place called me a puppy.

Unfortunately, some women abuse their excess power in the workplace and resort to this sh*t.

I know it's a bad thing but I believe she called me this because I refused to flirt with her because it would cause me problems at work.

You are doing the right thing. She's an attention wh*re and her ego can't handle the fact that ONE guy (i.e. you) doesn't drool over her. Plus, if you do flirt back, she probably has HR's number on speed dial. This is a TRAP. You are wise to avoid it. She's also p*ssed off that you are too smart to take the bait and fall in her trap.

Well she has gone around my work referring to me as a puppy and I'm afraid this will have bad repercussions for me in work. What should I do?

Just being called a puppy at work won't get you in trouble. The only thing that could get you in trouble is flirting back or yelling back at her. That part is the trap. Her just calling you names actually lowers HER value.

More importantly why did she refer to me as a puppy and how do I not come across as puppy in the future?
You didn't do anything wrong. Don't think of this as a "tactical game error." Sadly, you are getting some sh*t for doing things RIGHT. People tease and bully people they are envious of. She's either physically attracted to you and/or envious that you're a better worker than her.

For now, I would let it go and ignore her when she does that. It might take a few weeks for her to get it out of her system and find a new victim. Whatever you do, don't give her the satisfaction of letting her see that it's upsetting you. If she continues to persist, then tell her very calmly that you don't appreciate that at work. If it gets to that point, document everything.

As far as hooking up with her, I wouldn't entertain that thought for a second. First, it's dangerous territory and quite possibly a trap.
Futhermore, my guess is that she's all talk and no action anyway (as far as hooking up with you). The most blatant flirts are the least likely to put out.