Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

gf wont get off dating site?

cockydude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a relatively quick, simple question for yall. My gf and i have been together 6 months this month, and a few months ago i brought up the fact that i thought it was time to mutually take our profiles off of a dating site that we were both signed up on. I told her it is important to me, and that it isnt that i dont trust her, but it is just a sign of good faith in our relationship. She replied by saying 'but it is just entertainment for me, im not there to meet anyone else', okay...possible, because i do know lots of other women who do that. BUT, all of my close friends agreed with me that it was just not cool for her to continue to have her profile there.

So, i set the example by taking mine off. Now, she stopped signing on for like a month, (yes, i checked up here and there). But then, she signed on again, and sent someone a 'rose' with a message, etc, whatever. She is also signing on to MSN a lot more lately, at times of the night when i know she should be asleep. So, i brought it up again, very diplomatically. She had the same lame excuse. Am i out to lunch on this here? Or what? We spend the majority of our time together, so it is unlikely that she is seeing someone else, but still.....?

On a side note, she is 26, i am 31. Thanks for any advice you can give guys.

CD

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i sign in here all the time, its not a dating site, but whatever.
im not sending roses, but i do like to click on the threads and reply to them.
not too bad huh? so my husband doesnt care.
however if i were sending roses out in threads, he would think i was disturbed and probally say something very quickly about it.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
c dude

If you want to stay make yourself unavailable. she calls return her call the next day. dont see her as much. distance yourself and make yourself a challenge may bring her back in line. it will also protect you when/if this falls to ****.

Personally I wouldnt tolerate it anymore. She is just lacking in opportunity. Dump her. Tell her flat out that you dont find it acceptable and now she is gone. That is just me looking at it with no emotional involvement. Like Doc Love says, their is only one parachute on the plane of love and dont grab it second when the plane goes down.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that behavior unacceptable and would tell her to either get off or there is going to be a major problem. Obviously she stays on there to see if anyone better (in her eyes) comes along.

I cannot believe anyone in a 6 month committed relationship would still be on a dating site. Wow.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****ydude said:
She replied by saying 'but it is just entertainment for me, im not there to meet anyone else'
So, she's more interested in entertaining herself than honoring your request to further each other's commitment to the relationship? She's more interested in entertaining herself than how you feel? 6 MONTHS AND STILL ON A DATING SITE?? Red flags.

It doesn't matter if she spends most of her time with you. I've done two girls in the past two months who have boyfriends. They come over for an hour or so and leave to meet up with their man. While at my place, they usually text or chat with their boyfriend on the phone to cover their tracks.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
COUGH!!! (*Attention Wh0re*) COUGH!!!
I'll second that!

A chick who feels the need to be validated by a bunch of chumps on a dating site either has a huge self esteem problem, or she's not into you. Either way I don't think I would care to stick around and find out.

cockydude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. So, i have an update...

I talked earlier to a mutual friend of ours, who spoke to her last night. She was 'obviously stressed' were his words. Anyway, he proceeded to get her talking, and she said first off she was really stressed about work(she works for the govt). And then they got into talking about me.

She proceeded to shower the positives about me to him, (ie. i am really good looking, i make her laugh, i make her happy, we are on the same level intellectually), but then brought up that she 'cant see it being long term' because she doesnt feel i have 'ambition' and can take care of her. Not to brag or anything, but i make $22CDN an hour, and i am only going up from there. He shot back at her with the fact that very few people her age make the kind of money she does (she makes 31), and that maybe she is being a little unrealistic. She apparently agreed...and (as been, i know this) waffling over exactly how much the money thing is important to her. Anyway, given the fact that i dont have the DJ Bible handy, is an ultimatum in order? I mean, i would marry her in a minute, if we can get by our mutual hangups. But i also dont want to have a broken heart develop over the next 6 months, and make the breakup all that much worse. Ideas? Remembering the 'dating site' issue as well?

cd

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****ydude said:
but then brought up that she 'cant see it being long term' because she doesnt feel i have 'ambition' and can take care of her.
Well now you know why she never took her profile off. She is waiting for the BBD - bigger better deal. This is an indicator of a woman with average to low interest's. Any time a woman bluntly say she is looking to be "taken care of" and that you don't have any "ambitions" because you are not making enough money, will be trouble if you marry her.

****ydude said:
Anyway, given the fact that i dont have the DJ Bible handy, is an ultimatum in order? I mean, i would marry her in a minute, if we can get by our mutual hangups.
Ultimatums never work in the end, don't use them. I would think twice about marrying a woman with a such an attitude towards me.

Mind_Body_Soul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
****y, first question, who asked for exclusivity initially? you or her? if it was you, then she only agreed so as not to cause you to leave (and stop showering her with gifts) while she waits for the BBD.

if she asked for exclusivity first, then that's it. she's an attention hor. get outta there with your balls intact.

cockydude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, incidentally, we are going to be celebrating my recent promotion tonight, so im not sure if i want to bring any of this up, especially since there is going to be so much good vibes in the air.

And also the fact that it was just discussed with our mutual friend last night, and she will still be 'thinking' (apparently what she has been doing for quite a few months). I was thinking when i do bring it up, to go with the (calmly and authoritatively):

- 'I need X from our relationship'
- 'I feel i am not getting X from our relationship'
- etc

On a side note, i have never showered her with gifts. It has always been quite the opposite.

edmond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
****ydude said:
Hey guys, i have a relatively quick, simple question for yall. My gf and i have been together 6 months this month, and a few months ago i brought up the fact that i thought it was time to mutually take our profiles off of a dating site that we were both signed up on. I told her it is important to me, and that it isnt that i dont trust her, but it is just a sign of good faith in our relationship. She replied by saying 'but it is just entertainment for me, im not there to meet anyone else', okay...possible, because i do know lots of other women who do that. BUT, all of my close friends agreed with me that it was just not cool for her to continue to have her profile there.

So, i set the example by taking mine off. Now, she stopped signing on for like a month, (yes, i checked up here and there). But then, she signed on again, and sent someone a 'rose' with a message, etc, whatever. She is also signing on to MSN a lot more lately, at times of the night when i know she should be asleep. So, i brought it up again, very diplomatically. She had the same lame excuse. Am i out to lunch on this here? Or what? We spend the majority of our time together, so it is unlikely that she is seeing someone else, but still.....?

On a side note, she is 26, i am 31. Thanks for any advice you can give guys.

CD
I was in the same situation, she has lost interest in you and is lookin for someone more "Exciting."
Stop fooling youreself and move on.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i sign in here all the time, its not a dating site, but whatever.
im not sending roses, but i do like to click on the threads and reply to them.
not too bad huh? so my husband doesnt care.
however if i were sending roses out in threads, he would think i was disturbed and probally say something very quickly about it.
huh...

all this time I thought you were trying to seduce me with those flowers, kisses... and private messages... :(

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think her doing this is disrespectful to you and the relationship. You asking her to close her account is a small favor. She should do it if she loves you and respects you as a man. If I were you just be calm. Don't give her an ultimatem this would be an AFC move. just tell her it bothers you and in the meantime start looking at other options. (woman to date).

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****ydude said:
Thanks for the replies guys. So, i have an update...

I talked earlier to a mutual friend of ours, who spoke to her last night. She was 'obviously stressed' were his words. Anyway, he proceeded to get her talking, and she said first off she was really stressed about work(she works for the govt). And then they got into talking about me.

She proceeded to shower the positives about me to him, (ie. i am really good looking, i make her laugh, i make her happy, we are on the same level intellectually), but then brought up that she 'cant see it being long term' because she doesnt feel i have 'ambition' and can take care of her. Not to brag or anything, but i make $22CDN an hour, and i am only going up from there. He shot back at her with the fact that very few people her age make the kind of money she does (she makes 31), and that maybe she is being a little unrealistic. She apparently agreed...and (as been, i know this) waffling over exactly how much the money thing is important to her. Anyway, given the fact that i dont have the DJ Bible handy, is an ultimatum in order? I mean, i would marry her in a minute, if we can get by our mutual hangups. But i also dont want to have a broken heart develop over the next 6 months, and make the breakup all that much worse. Ideas? Remembering the 'dating site' issue as well?

cd
Ok where to start.

Your women is on an online dating site, speaking and sending men email roses, I expect this site to be plenty of fish? Correct?

Anyway.

This is what a dating site is:
It’s a means to meet the opposite sex, for a meet up, validation and even sex.

It is not a friend site where women go on to meet men to be mates with and why would a women want to be mates with a guy on a dating site who as gone onto a dating site to find women for romance, i.e sex and hook up e.t.c

Now your women is clearly on this site and others and is very active, now she IS in CONTACT with someone and most probably more THEN ONE.

Now get this in your thick head, your women as at least 1 or more people she is in touch with on these sites, this is FACT!

Now another thing.

She is on these sites and YOU know about it and the worst part about all this:
She really does not care that you know about it and is still on these sites.
At least she is honest, this women is bad news 100%.
So she knows you don’t like her on an online dating site, she knows you know about it and still she continues, so what does this spell out to you, now step back from the situation and look at it from an outside view point.

What this says about YOU.
Is your women is treating you with a lack of RESPECT, read it again, a lack of RESPECT, she is on online dating sites communicating with OTHER MEN whilst dating you, she knows you don’t approve and rightly so NO REAL MAN WOULD, but still she persists.

Now this tell me a few things about the women you are with.
This women as pointed out is an ATTENTION *****.

Now to clarify what an AW is!

An attention *****.
Needs constant validation from other men that she is GL or has something about her, she as self esteem issues and they can only be met by other men constantly qualifying her, these type of women are never satisfied since they have deep rooted mental issues. Even if you was brad pitt the attention crave fix still would not be sorted for these type of women.
AW usually come from broken homes or homes where they where neglected by there fathers mainly or there mothers, they normally show signs of depression and sometimes an AW can be a cutter, there is also another term for an AW to the extreme scale.

Now a lot of AW are not the extreme case variety there are ones that just need to feel pretty by all the men around them constantly giving them attention, still they have self esteem issues THAT NO BF could ever sort out.

Now we go onto the meat and veg of the post and the most scariest thing I have read and the REASON I am replying to this thread, this is the REASON.

You state you would marry her.

Let me tell you something, since you really don’t know wtf you are talking about and I hope I can save you from making a massive mistake probably the biggest one of your LIFE, read it its probably the best advice your gonna get in regards to your fuc*ing future chump…….. and you are being a chump.

Marriage:
In the western culture is a feminised system, what that means is marriage favours the women in the western world.
If you marry this women and you later find out she is online dating sites and blowing off joe, bob, fred and john to feel her attention crave and then you decide to divorce her.
You may have an house and you may have kids e.t.c.
In this society it favours the WOMEN, so if you have those things you can kiss goodbye to them and expect a good portion of your wage to go on her and your kids and I mean a good portion.

Now I read she says YOU DON’T EARN ENOUGH TO SUPORT HER, are you fuc*ing kidding me, you have to be fuc*ing kidding me here right, RIGHT?

So what she is saying you have to be her fuc*ing ***** slave and get out and earn more money so you can get her to not be a fuc*ing lame ass who is treating you with disrespect and how do you get her respect, according to her you become more of her ***** SLAVE<.

This women is bad news open your eyes before you get any deeper with this sack of shi*! Sorry I know she is your women, but she is treating you with no respect, wanting you to be her ***** slave and if you marry her and accept her rather cra* way at showing respect then you are just setting a clear message of.

I AM A CHUMP AND I DON’T MIND YOU CHATTING OTHER MEN UP AND I DON’T MIND BUSTING MY AS* TO EARN ENOUGH MONEY TO PLEASE YOU SO YOU WILL STOP CHATTING OTHER MEN UP. Read it and stop being a fuc*ing doormat, single life is heaven compared to this shi*.

Or your women is chatting other men up as your what is refered to a STOP GAP, she is either an attention who*re or your a STOP GAP.

Now if your a top gap, then this women is the type who cant live being single, i.e self esteem issues again.

So regardless of what is going on, either way its a loose loose situation,.

SO NOT TRY PLAY HER OR WONDER HOW TO MAKE HER RESPECT YOU.

SHE AS already shown what she is like, look she AS ALREADY crossed the FINE LINE of respect, now be a FUC*ING MAN and drop her on her ass for not treating with the respect you deserve from your WOMEN, there is that clear enough? no well then marry her you sad chump.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
c dude,

man get out. now. pack her stuff that she has at your place take it to dinner tonight. give it to her and leave. delete her number and everything.

you are lucky. you found out that your woman is a cheater. she may already be but dont try to find out. just get away from her.

i know this sounds harsh but would it be harsher for you to walk in to her place and see her there entwined with some guy on the couch. it could happen she does not respect you.

she isnt even that interested in you. she wants you to take of her and make more money. she is in love with a lifestyle not you. someone told her she was a fairy princess and should live in a castle when she was playing make believe when she was growing up. too bad for her she didnt realize that was a game.

play a new game with her...finish reading my post, and walk away. no speeches no nothin. boom just like that no contact.

fedagent

Don Juan
Reaction score
C,

The last few posts here are gold. Ditch her, you're better than that.

Fed

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just dumping her is not enough fun. I'd suggest fighting fire with fire. Put your profile back up and become a male AW, hell, put one on every site. Be the mack daddy of the Internet and see how she likes it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I'll second that!

A chick who feels the need to be validated by a bunch of chumps on a dating site either has a huge self esteem problem, or she's not into you. Either way I don't think I would care to stick around and find out.
:yes: