Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

GF wants to take her EX to a family party

Chromeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you cant controll who your GF hangs out with.

True if she had hi interest level in you then she would ask you to go and not an ex. Which tells me you didnt date long enough before you became exclusive.

Even if you did wait a while before becoming exclusive she may still have wanted to take her ex.

At this point you say ya sure no problem, then when she gets back, tell her that its not working and its over, because she doesnt respect you.

Telling a women who she can and cannot hang out with never helps your cause. I was just having this convo with my sister. Why would she mention that she was going with an ex and not just a friend? Sh!t test. But she may still be into the guy too.

When your GF is hanging with exes you have to play it cool and think to yourself "shes with me now muahahaha suckas!"

If shes going on dates with them tho, thats straight up disrespect. You can trust your woman all you want but she can just lie and you will never know, but being insecure about it is just gonna drive you nuts so forget it. If shes acting different and spending time with exes, drop her.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experiance, Guys who want to hang out with Ex's are usually guys who have been dumped by the ex and are hanging on for the hope of getting an in.

More often then not a guy who does the dumping, does not want to be around the woman who he just finished with (unless he is scoping out a booty call). Also considering the fact that if they are now broken up, how uncomfortable must it be for the guy to visit the girls parents? Why would you want to?

That is usually the general rule.

Hence when I imagine scenario's like this one, I cant help to think that the ex is a guy who pritty much wants to fuc* your girl and your GF knows it.

More often than not, that is the case.

A woman wont admit it though and to challange her on that fact makes you come across has needy, clingy and weak - hences its a loose loose situation.

The simple fact your not comfortable with that shi*, is enough to next her -

Anyway why be a third wheel in her relationship with her EX? Her problem, dont make it yours. Regardless of her past, I for one would not be supporter or an excuser for this sort of behaviour.

Certain things I draw a line under and this is one of them.

No Ex's I dont care what past or history they had, the only time I'd even consider to bend that rule, is if they had kids together - but then again I dont date mums.

falcon814

Don Juan
Reaction score
So i talked to her and she started crying and told me only reason she asked to take him was because he knows her family pretty well and he wudn't mind going.

At this point i just said "Ok do what you want" and left it at that.
I honestly don't feel like dealing with her any more, family friend or not he is her ex.

Shes been calling me non stop since last night, and tries to bring up the issue again i just ignore it.

So glad this was only a month into the "relationship".

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
falcon814 said:
So i talked to her and she started crying and told me only reason she asked to take him was because he knows her family pretty well and he wudn't mind going.

At this point i just said "Ok do what you want" and left it at that.
I honestly don't feel like dealing with her any more, family friend or not he is her ex.

Shes been calling me non stop since last night, and tries to bring up the issue again i just ignore it.

So glad this was only a month into the "relationship".
Of course he wouldn't mind going...

However you do.

Just another classic case of a woman wanting both ways and playing the crying game to establish what she thinks is acceptable behaviour.

If you call her out on it, your nothing but a insecure guy with issues.

Too much drama here, your not happy with the situation and her response is pritty much text book.

Take it has a warning, at least on the surface she has established that her EX is very much a part of her life and when or if you accept this, she also has established that he is friends with the family, hence to carry on with this chick is to simply state that what she is doing is ok, fine it may upset a guy but not enough for him to walk - Hence future issues will revolve around the fact that by sticking with the chick a guy doesn't mind that much that his girl is still in close contact with the ex, so close contact that he is still seeing her family in the presence of her.

If he was so close to the family why would he need an invite from her? If he was that close he'd have them on speed dial.

Thats the problem with this type of stuff, it just creates drama, makes you second guess yourself, makes you start trying to rationilize the female speak and see what the hidden meaning is - When it would be far less stressful to simply move on and avoid the drama.

I can state now with 100% certainty, if for some reason she said the EX would not be contacted again, i know for definate she would contact him again, it just wont by you knowing about it.

It's not a comfortable situation to be in, something seriously is fishy here and your right to start thinking of bailing.

Still not acceptable in my book if it was a male friend, never mind an EX BF.

Your a 3rd wheel, its you, your Girl and her Ex. It's that simple.