GF wants me to sign a lease agreement before I move in

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
None. I also never dated a woman for 2 years. Unless we're talking kids under 18yrs old, I find the scenario in OP ridiculous. A grown ass man should be able to decide if he wants a future with a woman after 2-3 months of seeing her. Dating for 2 years and still having trepidation about moving in together sounds very weird to me.
I actually agree with the bottom part if you have to ask or are unsure it's probably a no. I had a buddy in OP's shoes, a few years ago. I tried to tell him not do it, but he was in between a rock and a hard place (didn't have a lot of money, and was unemployed until he got a job before he moved in) long story short, they lived together for a year or so. Allegedly she cheated on him(he didn't have concerte proof, but she was going to bars with co-workers one who happened to be another other men so make of it as you will) and the relationship went to shyt Fast forward to today my buddy is making more money than he ever has, is back in shape, and is dating women far above her caliber

Designer Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
The tenancy agreement is also to protect YOU. Without an agreement she can tell you to leave and there's nothing you can do. The police will even remove you if she called them. With the agreement in place you have to be served notice to leave and if that's not in the contract then make sure it is.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The tenancy agreement is also to protect YOU. Without an agreement she can tell you to leave and there's nothing you can do. The police will even remove you if she called them. With the agreement in place you have to be served notice to leave and if that's not in the contract then make sure it is.
Not where I live. No agreement required. My neighbor was a cop and he told me all the time rich guys would let girlfriends move into their expensive homes. Eventually schitt hits the fan, cops get called and as long has she has clothes there she is considered a tenant of the residence and could stay. She has x amount of days before she has to leave and the legal eviction process has to be followed.