GF wants me to sign a lease agreement before I move in

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been dating for 2 years, she pressed down on where was this relationship was going like earlier this year. I told her that before I make any long-term commitments, I have to at least live with the person first. The issue is that she owns a house, and I don't, so I am at the losing end of that stick. I told her that I would move in after my lease ends and see if we survive 6 months. She dropped this lease agreement thing on me because of legal reasons or that she can't just kick me out of the house. I understand that, but I am worried that she might have some hidden motives to see my credit and stuff because I have been sly about that stuff. In addition, I am not the person to stick around in bad situations and I would just leave.

Update: Spoke with her and it sounds like she is worried that I will take half her house or something if anything goes wrong.

Please no incel or comments that are completely irrational & unreasonable.

Last edited:

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Id never live in a chics place. That's just not a power dynamic I would want. It will always be her place. Im running the show, not her. That's me. I'm not going to be controlled by a woman's emotional whims. They are lousy business partners.

And it's very odd that she wants you to sign a lease agreement. Did some guy in her past screw her over?

I'd tell her no. Test her for submission. If she complies move in without signing her lease agreement.

If she doesn't like that then keep living like you are.

My exgf contributed several thousands down on a new place I built. She also made payments to me as part of the deal. She wanted her name on the deed. I told her NO, we are doing a legal binding contract. She got over it. Two years later I was sure glad I didn't put her name on the deed and complicate matters.

Dont ever be afraid to tell a woman NO.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with someone wanting to protect themselves financially, I just don't like the dynamic of living in a woman's house.

Hard to lead when you literally cannot make decisions about the place you sleep at night.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iron Rule of Tomassi #4

NEVER under any circumstance live with a woman you aren’t married to or are not planning to marry in within 6 months.

I would recommend renewing your apartment lease and then consider marrying her in the future if marriage is a path that interests you.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NEVER under any circumstance live with a woman you aren’t married to or are not planning to marry in within 6 months.
I told her that if we don't hate each other or question anything within 6 months then I will move forward with it because she won't have a kid unless there's a ring.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Cornbread,
This Girl is not behaving as most circ 25? Lasses do...Seems to have a very old head on young shoulders...I suspect she is very much under the control of her Parents who probably stumped up for her House Deposit...Check out the Mother for a good indication on how your Lady will turn out.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live with my woman part time, she owns the place, we had to establish some boundaries up front...

Like for example, she felt like there wasn't a point in us living together if we weren't watching the same shows and doing the same thing, this culminated into me watching 4 hours of My Little Pony before I basically totally checked out and just stared at my phone. She felt totally disrespected by this and started asking me "Are you watching?" to which I replied, "Are you watching me or the show?" Stupid stuff like this is why it can be difficult to live in a woman's space, so now I have my own TV there and I watch what I want and if she wants to watch something together then we decide together, but this new situation culminated from me not participating anymore and if she had a better option at that point she'd probably exercise it.

To be honest, me and my girl probably aren't compatible living together long term, but I figured that out without a lease and if I had a lease in this situation it would of turned out much differently I can assure you.

This is embarrassing to write on here but it is what it is, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the absolute stupidity that sometimes goes on between me living in her space but all of it is resolved with the communication I built with her pre-existing before our living situation manifested and without it, I would of left for sure and she would still feel disrespected because she can't monopolize my free time... I'm her partner, not her slave and I have to say that usually once a week.

Again, my situation isn't gonna be viable long term I imagine based on what's happening now but I'm not giving up just yet since she's been amicable in our communication and boundary responses

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been dating for 2 years, she pressed down on where was this relationship was going like earlier this year. I told her that before I make any long-term commitments, I have to at least live with the person first. The issue is that she owns a house, and I don't, so I am at the losing end of that stick. I told her that I would move in after my lease ends and see if we survive 6 months. She dropped this lease agreement thing on me because of legal reasons or that she can't just kick me out of the house. I understand that, but I am worried that she might have some hidden motives to see my credit and stuff because I have been sly about that stuff. In addition, I am not the person to stick around in bad situations and I would just leave.

Update: Spoke with her and it sounds like she is worried that I will take half her house or something if anything goes wrong.

Please no incel or comments that are completely irrational & unreasonable.
So annoying when you have to agree and like every post im the thread...

Do not do this.

2 years is a fine amount of time. So fine it wouldn't matter if you have to break shyte of today.

On the other hand: if you never been in such a situation you might wanna try to get some xp points. Just make sure the xp doesn't kill your natural swag ( aka makes you hate women and thus lose momentum with women im general..)

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live with my woman part time, she owns the place, we had to establish some boundaries up front...

Like for example, she felt like there wasn't a point in us living together if we weren't watching the same shows and doing the same thing, this culminated into me watching 4 hours of My Little Pony before I basically totally checked out and just stared at my phone. She felt totally disrespected by this and started asking me "Are you watching?" to which I replied, "Are you watching me or the show?" Stupid stuff like this is why it can be difficult to live in a woman's space, so now I have my own TV there and I watch what I want and if she wants to watch something together then we decide together, but this new situation culminated from me not participating anymore and if she had a better option at that point she'd probably exercise it.

To be honest, me and my girl probably aren't compatible living together long term, but I figured that out without a lease and if I had a lease in this situation it would of turned out much differently I can assure you.

This is embarrassing to write on here but it is what it is, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the absolute stupidity that sometimes goes on between me living in her space but all of it is resolved with the communication I built with her pre-existing before our living situation manifested and without it, I would of left for sure and she would still feel disrespected because she can't monopolize my free time... I'm her partner, not her slave and I have to say that usually once a week.

Again, my situation isn't gonna be viable long term I imagine based on what's happening now but I'm not giving up just yet since she's been amicable in our communication and boundary responses
This is sad, but its what most likely happens if a woman thinks she has the upper hand.

If you give a woman leverage, she will use it against you sooner or later.

Altough i went bluepilled into my marriage i allways knew living at her place would be a trainwreck. It was never an option, so it was my place or the highway.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As I understand it, you are considering marriage with someone you've dated for 2 years. Forget hidden motives - this could be a good time for you two to share your credit scores. Finances are a difficult conversation... but they are also one of the biggest factors in divorce.

A lease agreement makes sense to me - you are moving into her house. You might want to break up soon, and suddenly decide you will stay there rent free. It's her house, so her lease agreement sets the rules for what happens.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be curious to see if she’s trying to prevent you trying to take her money through a roundabout way by establishing you as a tenant instead of a common law husband in a common law state? Is she planning on collecting deposit in a custodial account? Did you ask her who is drafting the lease for her? Is it boiler plate or is it by her attorney? What she says doesn’t matter, what you get asked to sign and the manner in which she procured the document is what does matter. Theirs nothing wrong with getting it done by her lawyer, but you’ll learn a lot about her approach to mutual financial decisions depending how she frames it to you. Your risk obviously is being hooked into her for a period of time financially irregardless of your relationship status. You want to potentially have this reviewed by counsel. Why would you move into her home? My father did that and she said she was open to a new place and he’s been there for 25 years and he’s losing his assets paying for all of her stuff under the guise of it being his side of the rent, and she doesn’t pay for literally anything. Is there any reason she can’t rent her place out and find a new common area together with you?

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you are operating from a place of fear. Her asking where this is going after two years is 100% natural. You are out of order on this my guy.

After two years, you should know if you want to give this girl marriage and/or babies. Make a decision on THAT or cut her loose. Moving into her place is a terrible idea all around.