Gf consumes all my weekend time!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
ONS turns into TNS into dating into ooppss wtf did I get myself into...
Thus the importance of effectivly qualifying women, spinning plates and not getting involved with just any woman just because you can.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a certain amount of time that I enjoy having, and if I don't want to be found, I disappear and she WILL NOT find me. My roommates and friends will not say because most of them won't even know. I have disappeared before.

We turn off our cell phones and pagers and everything else to have a good time.

Usually the line, "If you don't leave me alone, I'm off to the strip club" will get her attention and get her to leave me alone.

comic_relief

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
And why in all that is holy would a guy choose to date a woman like this?!! :confused:
Sometimes it is not really a choice..if you really like someone, and she has lots of time (she's not working so many hours that she has time for you) she wants to spend with you...it can be overwhelming when you're used to having lots of alone time.

I agree with the previous poster who said that this is okay early in the relationship. Maybe after a few months, if you still feel the same way, it might be time to re-evaluate the situation :)

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chrispy
.... In marriage, 24/7 is mandatory....
:nono: Nuh-uh......
Okay, an absolute that requires further elaboration. When married, one must tread carefully with establishing away time.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chrispy said:
Sometimes it is not really a choice..if you really like someone, and she has lots of time (she's not working so many hours that she has time for you) she wants to spend with you...it can be overwhelming when you're used to having lots of alone time.

I agree with the previous poster who said that this is okay early in the relationship. Maybe after a few months, if you still feel the same way, it might be time to re-evaluate the situation :)
bs, I am in relationship with my girlfriend right now and although we do spend a significant amount of time together (excluding football games because I am the mascot and she is in the band), we spend only what free time that we have.

Sometimes, I will just not hang out with her for a couple of days. A relationship must have both you and her time, but also must have your own time.

If you have lots of hobbies and groups. I keep myself busy by joining college clubs and activities such as "On the edge of honor" (a sword fighting club from the middle ages), "cool cats swing club" (although she wants to join that too), "MU Cycling team" (a bicycle club), a christian club, Student Business Association (business majors only), and a few others that I just visit. I also have studying of core economic, business, and philosophy classes to study. Usually my girlfriend is the last thing on my mine of things to get done or see.

She doesn't b!tch at me to spend massive amounts of time with her and we have been going out/seeing each other for six months.

You should NEVER let your girlfriend become your world because if she is gone, then your world is gone. I try to keep myself very busy plus I always have stories to tell her when I do meet up with her.

comic_relief

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chrispy said:
Sometimes it is not really a choice..if you really like someone, and she has lots of time (she's not working so many hours that she has time for you) she wants to spend with you...it can be overwhelming when you're used to having lots of alone time....
Whoa... Desperation takes away a person's ability to make wise decisions? :nervous:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
...If you have lots of hobbies and groups. I keep myself busy by joining college clubs and activities such as "On the edge of honor" (a sword fighting club from the middle ages), "cool cats swing club" (although she wants to join that too), "MU Cycling team" (a bicycle club), a christian club, Student Business Association (business majors only), and a few others that I just visit. I also have studying of core economic, business, and philosophy classes to study. Usually my girlfriend is the last thing on my mine of things to get done or see. ..
Here's a guy that's authentically making the most out of his life by his terms. :up:

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a guy that's authentically making the most out of his life by his terms. :up:
:up: ;) as always

comic_relief

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa... Desperation takes away a person's ability to make wise decisions? :nervous:
Actually, guys i was trying to refer to situations when the girl has more free time than I do. I did not intend to give off that desparation vibe!

I'm just in the midst of transitioning from having lots of my-time to wanting to keep my-time and also keeping up with the relationship time.

In short, it can have the unintended effect of getting a woman more interested in you, and making the times you are with her even more fulfilling.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to stop acting weak and start speaking your mind. Next time you feel like having some time for yourself, you're going to say "I feel like having some time for myself, so I'll call you later when I feel like seeing you again."

Year ago, I had a gf situation that was similair (not as bad) as yours. Eventually we broke up, and all that extra time we spent together could have been spent with other things. Point is, your time is valuable, and you need to remember that.