Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

getting used to the 'hunter' mentality

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am trying to come to terms with the fact that, ostensibly being a man, I have to make pursuing women part of my life. It is a lifelong pursuit. However, there are several factors which prevent me from wanting to actively pursue women:

1) Pride – I honestly think I’m better than most women, or at least the way I’ve built them up to be in my mind. But then if I look hard enough, I can see examples of kindness in women. They kind of have to be. It’s too miserable to be mean all the time.
2) I don’t want to feed their egos because they’re already arrogant enough
3) My confidence is already low so any rejection would totally floor me

I was reading through the archives of Roissy’s site recently, and I came across a post where he addresses this dilemma:

tokyobetagrist mewled:
“According to the official story, game is all about controlling women and not letting them control you. If that’s the case, the only solution to this test that’s consistent with the philosophy of game is to do nothing. If you’re going to jump through hoops (I mean even more than usual) just to have sex with this one special woman, how are you any different from “betas?” This is the paradox of game, because you’re always jumping through hoops and always being controlled by women, even as you tell yourself that it’s the other way around.”

Roissy: Spoken like a supercilious eunuch who believes that women should fall into men’s laps, and any effort on a man’s part to attract women only sullies his masculinity. TBG, I have some very demoralizing news for you — no man is exempt from the biomechanical forces of sexual selection. Whether you are consciously aware of it or not, you do what it takes to attract the opposite sex, or you sit in your dank basement apartment hovel spitefully masturbating into the tattered sock of your self-satisfied dogma.

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2009/03/12/a-test-of-your-game-the-judging-3/

Sometimes, when I stop trying, I get into a downward confidence spiral and I feel like I just can’t take the risk of laying myself out there and leaving myself open to rejection. I start to hate people. I become bitter. (This is made worse by the fact that I don’t have any close friends, or any kind of social support.)

Somehow or other I eventually get sick of it and decide to make an effort. Then it starts to get easier and I remember what I’m doing and my whole mood improves. When I have a few girls that I’m talking to, my confidence is higher. The world seems a brighter place.

But shouldn’t happiness and confidence come from within? Yes, but let’s not kid ourselves. Sometimes you’re not confident or happy because you’re a loser—or at least acting like one.

“Confidence is the result of years of successful interaction with women. A man getting the love of women is a confident man. A man getting scorned is a doubtful man. Confidence is not some abstract, nebulous ephemera that alights like cosmic dust on a man who wills it into existence. Confidence is a manifest set of behaviors and attitudes that reflect a man’s inner emotional harmony. This emotional harmony is better known as “becoming alpha”. A man not getting what he wants in life can observe, learn, and mimic the behaviors of confident men until he starts experiencing the success he wants and his emotional state follows in accordance. There is no definition of confidence that doesn’t include these behaviors and attitudes.”

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/reader-mailbag-bloupie-edition/

A loser in pick-up is the person who doesn’t try. Of course sometimes one is just content and just doesn’t care about women. It’s sometimes hard to tell which is which.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Pride – I honestly think I’m better than most women
3) My confidence is already low so any rejection would totally floor me
I can't help but notice how #1 and #3 seem to contradict each other. There are a lot of paradoxes when it comes to pickup. But I've been there, I know exactly how you feel. I've come to see confidence as a choice, a mindset. I've chosen to stop indulging in negative thoughts because even if they WERE true, they are of no help to me, only a hindrince.

I'm starting to think I'm spending too much time on these forums, it's starting to color the way I look at women, and not in a positive way. I saw an attractive girl today and what went through my mind was "mindless bimbo wench who doesn't know what she wants and needs a man to tell her". I don't think that's very healthy.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cool thanks man, I always appreciate your posts.

I noticed the contradiction too, but it comes from a difference between how I see myself, and my standing in the world. I am confident in my abilities, but there's no getting around the fact that my social status is low. I am a super cool guy who hangs out alone on every weekends, and can only pull 2s and 3s. Talk about contradictions... haha

I agree... this forum is good for a sense of community and whatnot, but the the negativity does need to be taken with a grain of salt. It is only one way of looking at things. I have also seen people talk about things on here that I relate to so much, that I would never have heard people talk about in real life.

Miles28

Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed the contradiction too, but it comes from a difference between how I see myself, and my standing in the world. I am confident in my abilities, but there's no getting around the fact that my social status is low. I am a super cool guy who hangs out alone on every weekends, and can only pull 2s and 3s. Talk about contradictions... haha
I don't have any problem believing whatsoever that you could be a super cool guy. Many of the most popular people I know are vacuous and dull. They're popular because they appeal to the lowest common denominator and are non-threatening, their sensibilities conform to the mainstream and so they have mass appeal. It's like films or movies - it's not the truly great stuff that gets the box office success or tops the charts for months in a row, it's the very commercial and easily accessible stuff that sells the most.

It's really unfortunate that we judge ourselves often by how successful we are with women, when in reality this is the worst and least reliable test we could set ourselves (because the vast majority of women are dumb as ****, inherently flaky, superficial and more interested in social status and money than in the genuinely great qualities somebody might have).

So dude, if you're happy with what you see in the mirror (which you obviously are) then you should feel confident. You probably are better than most of the women that you're chasing, seriously. By all means change your game to get down with these hos but never think there's something wrong with you because you're not having as much success as you think you should be.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Pride – I honestly think I’m better than most women
I think you need to emphasize this part of yourself and bring it out, focus on that. Again, I can relate to what you're saying. I've always thought well of myself, but I didn't always have the faith in the woman to recognize it. I thought I was a high value guy, but that didn't mean a woman would necessarily think so.

Reading this forum honestly doesn't help in this regard. We are constantly told women are eveil and want arrogant @sshole jerks. If this is true, then what would they want with a high quality guy like myself? As Miles28 said:
the vast majority of women are dumb as ****, inherently flaky, superficial and more interested in social status and money than in the genuinely great qualities somebody might have
Why should I have faith that someone like this would appreciate me?
I guess the answer is be sure you find a quality girl.

I am confident in my abilities, but there's no getting around the fact that my social status is low. I am a super cool guy who hangs out alone on every weekends, and can only pull 2s and 3s. Talk about contradictions... haha
The good news is that you can always improve your status by improving yourself, it's something you can work on. If you're a woman and you're a 2 or a 3, you're pretty much always going to be a 2 or a 3, there's no way out. A guy can move up.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks so much you guys... It really helps to hear another perspective.

If anyone has any thoughts on the overall situation of having to pursue women, then I would like to hear that. I know some people here are in relationships, but even in a relationship one needs to have the ability to get new women to keep the power balance.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omkara- your problem is that you are allowing principle to stand in the way of success. It is sort of akin to the intellectual that disdains anything popular or common, and subsequently winds up without an audience, shouting into the wind. The intellectual that can cast aside his ego to reach the common man is the true genius.

You have somehow adopted a belief system that is very anti-game. You are down on women for doing what is in their best interest, when the truth of the matter is, we all do that. If a woman rejects you, it is not because she is superficial or a s#itty human being, it is because you didn't properly PRESENT yourself to her.

If you have a problem picking up women, the problem is you...not them.

This is actually a GOOD thing, because WOMEN are not going to change. You can, however, change your approach and become successful, as many guys here have done, myself included.

Once you start experiencing success, you won't hate women, you'll UNDERSTAND them. You'll realize that the standards of depth and honor you expect from them needn't be so high, and you will instead ENJOY their company.

People aren't good or bad, they are just PEOPLE. When you stop expecting ridiculous standards of honor from them, you will feel better about people in general.

Romantic love is ALWAYS conditional! Don't expect ANY girl to love you for "you" unconditionally--that will only set you up for failure. But--if you work to become the man that women feel drawn to, you will, in fact, receive what appears to be unconditional love from ALL OF THEM!

Simply displaying a genuine interest in women and developing good conversational skills will improve your game tenfold. Most guys don't have this!

I think the third reason you gave explains the other two quite well--the first two are just defense mechanisms. If you sort out your confidence issues, the other two will resolve themselves. Remember: NO ONE can reject YOU, only your APPROACH. Pickup is one big social experiment: if you get blown out, you should ask yourself WHY, rather than blaming women. Then, work to correct your sticking points and try again. We're not trying to become the world's best pick up artist, and we're not trying to prove ourselves "worthy" of hot chicks. We're simply trying to make sure we can generate options for ourselves. If that means our ego has to take a hit from time to time, so be it.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omkara said:
2) I don’t want to feed their egos because they’re already arrogant enough
Interesting point-
I would agree that women have huge egos ( in spite of what they would say to the contrary), but their egos are extremely fragile- easily shattered .
Their apparent self confidence is almost always based on external approval and therefor can be manipulated and under the control of a skillful guy who understands the principles and practice of subtle negs, clever c&f and conditional compliments.

Men have it better - our confidence and self regard is usually based in our accomplishments, our career path, our attainments and successes and our physical health.

The next time you find yourself resenting some hot woman who appears to have people falling at her feet, remember that she is who and what she is ONLY because other people have 'allowed' to her to feel that way.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strange, I date lots of women and have never considered myself to have 'pursued' any of them. I refuse to 'pursue' women. Of course it may hinge upon your definition of the term.

A fisherman who throws a baited hook into a pond and then reels in whatever bites... is he 'pursuing' fish? Suppose he lives right next to the pond and merely has to fling the bait out his living-room window while he's watching Judge Judy and sit there and wait till the bell on the line rings. Is he 'pursuing?'

Is a woman who dresses up and applies makeup when she goes out 'pursuing' men?