Getting to know a girl at work

bluebirdseven

Reaction score
people always say don't **** where you eat blah x3 but i MUST do this.
Lots of people i know met their SO at work and it turned out well.

Anyway, there's this girl which i really want to know.
We work in different departments and our jobs are not-related.
However, in our office, everybody keep to themselves, which is why it's so difficult to know her through others (which is the usual method).
(this is actually a double-edge sword; the good part is that because everybody keeps to themselves, I don't have to deal with ****blockers or her female friends)

We've made a bit of small talk only once when the company went to lunch together (a once-in-a-blue-moon thing).

See the diagram below:

When i walk past her cubicle every morning, i would say hi and she would smile and greet back etc, but that's it (she's the very reserved type).

She's more relaxed and open to talking outside of the office, based on my observations.
Warm positive good vibes, but then, she's like this with most people. In any case....

How do you guys suggest I make the next move?
My idea is to "grease her wheels" daily by saying hi and making small talk now and then to make her feel more comfortable with me first, but I need some sort of breakthrough.

In the past, in previous companies, people would contact each other on skype during work and relationships are built from there, but in this company, no such culture.

I feel asking for her number at this time is too fast as we barely know each other and it's too obvious I'm hitting on her (in a non-work environment, it's ok, but not in this situation)

What I should do now is continue to sit it out and wait for a chance to come (the once-in-a-blue-moon company lunch), then give it my all on that opportunity?

Usually my method for getting to know girls in social circles (not total strangers pickup) is:

1) A bit of small talk
2) Generic questions to "feel out" her interests / hobbies etc to look for something in common
3) Connect, build rapport, get number (which always succeeds cos' the girl already know me by then)

All I need is some way to get isolate her and get her out of the office environment otherwise it's hard to navigate in a situation like this.

advice?

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just gonna throw this out here..

What about going for lunch with a small group and invite her to join.
that will give you a chance to talk and get to know her some more.

If she goes along.. you have yourself a nice opportunity to get to know her. and see if she is interested.

However if she declines.. it's gonna be kind of tricky to recover..

I think you should wait for some more experienced posters to give you some advice

byrnie

Reaction score
Can you arrange to bump into her more often? Maybe wait in the car outside in the morning until you see her arriving then you can go into the building at the same time and share a few minutes of chat in the lift etc? How about figuring out if she goes out to get a sandwich at lunchtime from somewhere then you could accidentally bump into her at the sandwich shop and get chatting.

You could try asking her advice at work - do you have any idea how to operate the photocopier as I don't? etc etc.

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay later hours in the office and talk to her when you're both there, automatic alone time.

Chat with her on an instant communicator if you have that at work. Don't do anything serious (it is work) just random chit chat to get her comfortable with you.

Talk to her about related projects find things that you have in common.

Eventually go have a coffee with her while on lunch break.

Get comfortable enough with her so text each other sometimes when outside work.

Fvck her.

zorg198

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will tell you this , you can take it or ignore it.

Never date a woman from work- it always end badly.

dont sh1t where you eat my friend. there are plenty other girls outside your job.

Joe.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zorg198 said:
I will tell you this , you can take it or ignore it.

Never date a woman from work- it always end badly.

dont sh1t where you eat my friend. there are plenty other girls outside your job.

Joe.
+10

EveryPostHere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading a post with detail you say??? I don't know of such sorcery. You've gotta make a move, you've gotta chase her hard while magically not looking like the white knight beta faggits who won't leave her alone.

Yo let's get out of here. Word to your mother.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Donuts. Donuts are magic, homes. You walk in with your bag and you give her a donut saying "they gave me a free one this morning, here you go, I already had mine. See you later"

And you give it to her. And you leave, like a boss, walking away from the scene before the explosion happens, like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRCTPq2QEGc&feature=youtu.be&t=24s

She'll be inclined to pay you back. Lunch, another donut, whatever the fück, and it'll open the door for massive rapport. Then you strike: number, drink, date, etc., and you see what she's all about.

Keep it simple, expect nothing great, and if nothing happens, it cost you a goddamn donut. Cheap! Good luck,

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not an old and experienced guy or anything, but from what i learned so far is that dating chicks from work is a complete nono.