Getting rid of "man teats"

kel

Don Juan
Reaction score
What an awful question to ask, but I figure that i might as well.

I'm around 6'2" 260 right now, and steadily losing weight. I've been doing a lot of exercises to sculpt my arms since my legs are in pretty good shape already (used to play soccer and fence), and my gut has been receeding. The one thing that remains, and that drives me NUTS, is the "fat-guy breasts". They're not enormous or remarkable, but they're enough that even when i'm sucking in the gut while wearing a tight shirt, i still look stupid.

What exercise(s) can I add that will directly reduce the fat and increase the muscle tone in that area? My schedule doesn't permit me to work out every day for hours, but I have time to do some things here and there more or less every day.

I have a set of dumbells in my room which can go up to around 40lbs, and I have access to my school's gym, which I'd like to avoid making a part of my daily routine.

Can anyone suggest a good exercise to do with the dumbell?

--Kel

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are we talking just loose skin where the fat was, still fat tits, or Gyno?

If you have gyno I think the only anwser is surgery.

If it's loose, sagging flesh than bench presses and dips will tone up/bulk up the area.

If it's just fat tits then focus on aerobic excercise, diet and circuits.

40lbs For high rep benches or flys will be ok, but maybe replacing the lost fat with pec muscle is the answer and you're going to need more weihjt for that.

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Push-ups should help too...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with what has been said. Unfortunately you cannot lose weight from a particular area, so you either need to continue dieting and lose the body fat all over, including the chest, or work on building up your chest. Whichever you decide, make sure you have adequate protein intake, otherwise your muscles will not develop.

However, I have a related question for anyone who can offer any advice.

I find bench presses and flyes are great at developing the upper and middle part of my chest, but the area between the nipple and the armpit never feels or looks like it's being worked. What exercises would you recommend for developing this area?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always believed dips where the excercise for this.

However I've been told by more than one informed source that it's just your natural shape, that's why for the same exercise people still have different shape muscles.

Having said that I've notice sprint swimmers usually seem to have a good lower sweep to their pecs.

All you can do is build a chest and cut I guess.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one on this board fvcking reads, OR, most people here are ignorant morons. Yes, thats harsh. But yes, it's also true.

If you want to get rid of them, lower your BF%. Some people get more fat on their abs, some on their chest, some on their ass and legs... Just work harder to get that extra bit off.

Do this for a while, if everywhere else has slimmed down except that, go see the doc for gyno.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried it myself but some people claim to spot reduce with yohimburn.
I have heard both statements with yohimburn. The general consensus that I've heard is that it's topical, and gets into your bloodstream in a different way than oral fat burners. Everyone has agreed that it works best for taking off the last stubborn fat of your abs, etc... when you're already around 10% body fat. In that case, you're not going to have fat many other places, so it would seem to spot reduce when in actuality it just promotes more general fat loss. That's my theory.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you do steroids. use nolva at 40 mg a day to get rid of gyno. if that doesnt work, up your doses. if that doesnt work then get sugery. shoulda took that while you were juicing to prevent the tits.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sazuki
Well read that threat I posted.

I haven't tried it myself but some people claim to spot reduce with yohimburn.

Then again maybe it's a big conspiracy :)
You cannot spot reduce fat, period. You either lose it all over your body, or you dont lose it at all.

kel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I know you can't spot-reduce fat. i'm not an idiot; what I meant was, is there a way to suppliment my general weight loss with exercises to tone up those muscles so as I lose weight all over, there's actually some muscle under the fat in that specific place.

I dont want to take suppliments or anything like that. Where can I get a simple explanation of the exercises you all mentioned? Just a brief description is all i need since i know a lot, just not the names :)

--Kel

Alex_L

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is meant in this thread by the word "gyno"?... I don't know what it is

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to work your chest muscles, use a bench press or do the same motion on a bench with dumbells.

edgewater

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you feel like you have any hard lumps under your nipples you may have developed gynomacastia (sp??) during your teen years.

The only solution for this is surgery unfortunetly. However if the lumps aren't hard and its just fat, then keep training and if you can get your hands on some ephedra run an ECA stack to speed up the fat loss process.