Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting insecure about my age

Reaction score
Get a 18 year old g/f - 14 if you live in Hawai - you'll feel young again!!

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
30 is young :up: , younger than the average age which is something like 35. It's when you hit 40 that you really start going downhill. :down:

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will find, (within REASON of course), that the PERCEPTION of a man's overall value in the eyes of OPEN-MINDED women is many times MORE important than whatever his true chronological age might be.

As far as ONLY the physical part of it goes, men who take care of themselves, and/or are blessed with good genes are not quite so handicapped by their actual age as some other guys might be.

Take a look at many old movies, magazines, TV shows, etc. and you will see a BIG difference between what people looked like, and how they carried themselves according to their age THEN, as opposed to how they do NOW.

Maybe it's a byproduct of the CONTINUING phenomena of living in a youth-obsessed culture, or maybe it's the result of many people just trying to take BETTER care of themselves, but for whatever reason-----"OLD" doesn't look as old as it used to look. lol

40 is the NEW 30...

BELIEVE IT.

Just as many chicks (if not MORE) seem to STILL be as attracted to a "DENZEL" as they are to a "TYRESE"...

March on.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true and good post.

LoneSilver

Victory Unlimited said:
You will find, (within REASON of course), that the PERCEPTION of a man's overall value in the eyes of OPEN-MINDED women is many times MORE important than whatever his true chronological age might be.

As far as ONLY the physical part of it goes, men who take care of themselves, and/or are blessed with good genes are not quite so handicapped by their actual age as some other guys might be.

Take a look at many old movies, magazines, TV shows, etc. and you will see a BIG difference between what people looked like, and how they carried themselves according to their age THEN, as opposed to how they do NOW.

Maybe it's a byproduct of the CONTINUING phenomena of living in a youth-obsessed culture, or maybe it's the result of many people just trying to take BETTER care of themselves, but for whatever reason-----"OLD" doesn't look as old as it used to look. lol

40 is the NEW 30...

BELIEVE IT.

Just as many chicks (if not MORE) seem to STILL be as attracted to a "DENZEL" as they are to a "TYRESE"...

March on.

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
I hate to admit it, but since recently turning 30 I'm starting to get quite insecure about my age.
...The problem is not so much how I feel about myself, but how I feel about the people in my life and my general social circles.
...I am surrounded by younger people, and on nights out I sometimes feel a bit too old for it and kind of insecure.

...To be honest, I wouldn't even know where or how to find an older girlfriend or new friends...
I'm not quite sure I understand your situation...Do you feel that the younger people won't like you because you are so old? Or is it that you are embarrased when people your own age see you with people so young?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
A chick I banged a couple of times awhile back just sent out a Myspace bulletin, one of those survey things. One of the questions was "What is the oldest you would date?" She answered "39, I think, lol"

This chick is 21 now, when I hit it last year she was only 20.

This girl is basically saying that age doesn't matter to her. I'm sure most women have an "upper limit", but even if they have a specific number in their head it doesn't mean a damn thing if she meets the right guy. My last LTR was 21 when I met her when I was 31. I asked her later in the relationship if she ever thought she would be with a guy ten years older and she said "No way".

It definitely helps to look younger. I usually get mistaken for being 5-10 years younger than I actually am, and I'm sure it helps my game at least a little. The last chick I went out with a couple of times told me she was worried when she first met me cause she thought I was in my early 20's! At first I didn't believe her but I think she was actually serious. I'll take the compliment!

Don't forget the fact that there is no longer the generation gap that there used to be. Today you can get away with dressing much younger, listening to current music, etc. It's a whole new world as far as that is concerned and I'm glad to be part of one of the first generations that doesn't have to show their age by the way they dress and act.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night I broke my cardinal rule for dealing with younger chicks when I first get to know them.

As some of you might know I always make it a point to put a younger woman on the defensive about her age, instead of the other way around. I tease them about being a "baby" and whatnot, and it ALWAYS serves to make them qualify themselves to ME.

So last night I was out with some friends and there was one girl I ha never met. Turns out the reason I hadn't met her was the fact that she just turned 21, so until now she wasn't able to party with our group.

We were walking into a club and she says to me "I've never been here". This is one of those places that EVERYONE in town has been to if they go out at all, so I asked her why she hadn't.

She proceeds to tell me she just turned 21, and for some reason instead of saying "WOW, you're just a baby! That's soooo cute!" or something, I said,
"WOW, that makes me feel old"

DUMBASS!

So from that point on she was the one teasing ME about my age instead of the other way around.

If you do it right this is the absolute BEST way to have a younger chick eating out of the palm of your hand.

Jackman

Don Juan
Reaction score
At 34, I still feel young and I'll probably feel the same way when I'm 44. What other people think doesn't concern me in the least. However, I can't sit here and say that age is never a factor that weighs heavily on my mind. For me, it has nothing to do with the entrapment of social convention; it's just the idea that time passes by so much more quickly than it used to.

When I was 18 years old, 30 seemed like it was an entire lifetime away. In retrospect, all of that time just zipped right by and I now can't help but to think the next 15 or even 30 years will pass by just as quickly, regardless of how I live it.

That bothers me a little because I imagine living my dreams and goals in life as the 34 year old I am now, not as the 50 or 60 year old man I will likely be when I actually achieve them. It's a suffocating feeling, at least to me, to realize that progress towards these goals moves at a pace equivalent to bureaucratic red tape while time flows onwards like the wind, unobstructed. It all feels out of sync, I guess, and I often have that "antsy" feeling.

The best way for me to deal with all of this is to hold high hopes that I'll feel as young and be as active when I'm 50 as I am now. So to ensure it, I try to eat right, exercise daily and so on. It's a great source of consolation to me.