Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting Disappointed with Supplements. Need input!

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a search here about Isopure, so don't even start about telling me to search the topic :D

Anyway, I've been using Isopure - Zero carb for about 3 weeks (300 mg/day, based on my body weight) now and I haven't seen any results yet. I work out 5 days a week and been cutting down on my carb intake drastically. I want to lose weight that I've gained in the last 3 months, 15 lbs to be exact (175 to 190, I'm 70 inches tal, 20% BF).

I guess my Isopure question are:

Is Isopure effective?

Or is it just an expensive placebo?

Any cheaper version that I can substitute?

Or am I just being impatient?

How long before I should see any results?

I kind of question its legitimacy when it said something on the label that protein intake should be 1.5 to 2 times of your bodyweight in KILOGRAMS, yet most articles says that it should be in POUNDS.

I'm not knocking off Isopure at all. I just want to ask for anybody's opinion on this. Just reassurance.

I little fact about my supplementation / nutrition history:

This is my first time doing 6 small meals per day.

I take GNC Megaman daily, plus at least 1000mg of Vitamin C on the side.

Total of 2 caps of Flaxseed a day.

That's pretty much it. Any more recommendation for me to take. My goal is to have a body like Ryan Reynolds in the movie Buying The Cow, which is slimmer than what he was in Blade Trinity.

I've been dying to ask this for a while therefore I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Twenty seven views and no response?

I'm sure one of you can answer any of the questions. Or someone should have a comment on something.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
Do you exercise at all?

Five times a week for an hour to an hour and a half per session.

I just came back from GNC this afternoon and purchased CLA, creatinine and Optimum protein. I will see if there will be any improvement with these new additions.

My venture isn't just a "New Year's resolution". I'm determined to lose this weight to prevent cardiovascular disease due to my age and familial history. I've never had a BF below 11% before, so it would be a welcome challenge for me to accomplish this task.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aztec
I did a search here about Isopure, so don't even start about telling me to search the topic :D

Anyway, I've been using Isopure - Zero carb for about 3 weeks (300 mg/day, based on my body weight) now and I haven't seen any results yet. I work out 5 days a week and been cutting down on my carb intake drastically. I want to lose weight that I've gained in the last 3 months, 15 lbs to be exact (175 to 190, I'm 70 inches tal, 20% BF).

I guess my Isopure question are:

Is Isopure effective?

Or is it just an expensive placebo?

Any cheaper version that I can substitute?

Or am I just being impatient?

How long before I should see any results?

I kind of question its legitimacy when it said something on the label that protein intake should be 1.5 to 2 times of your bodyweight in KILOGRAMS, yet most articles says that it should be in POUNDS.

I'm not knocking off Isopure at all. I just want to ask for anybody's opinion on this. Just reassurance.

I little fact about my supplementation / nutrition history:

This is my first time doing 6 small meals per day.

I take GNC Megaman daily, plus at least 1000mg of Vitamin C on the side.

Total of 2 caps of Flaxseed a day.

That's pretty much it. Any more recommendation for me to take. My goal is to have a body like Ryan Reynolds in the movie Buying The Cow, which is slimmer than what he was in Blade Trinity.

I've been dying to ask this for a while therefore I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Stop wasting your money on those pills. I did the same thing and had the same problems that you did. Your best bet is to reduce your calories to about 1500 and consume plenty of water. Also forget the BS you hear about lowering your carbs.

Do me a favor, check out a book called "A Flat Stomach ASAP" by Ellington Darden.

KOSR

Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to cut fat right? That isopure seems much more usuable when bulking. I would just buy some normal whey and save some money. Most supplements are overrated, especially when you are cutting.

To me it seems you are focussing to much on supplements to help you out. Supplements, especially when cutting, are not going to do any kind of wonders. You could try a E/C/A stack, but the added 10%? fatloss is not worth the sleepless nights for me.

Bascially do something like this, if you are not already:

Nutrient ratio around: 40/40/20, doesn't have to be exact science, you need around 200 grams of protein each day when cutting

Eat clean; skip the cheat meals, skip the alcohol

Calories; entirely depends on your body type, genetics, weights, age etc. I don't know your weight but try 2000.

Exercise; don't sit around all day, do cadio couple of times each week; most people find moderate intensity best, others like HIIT more. Also keep lifting heavy each week to keep your muscles.

Keep calories strict, eat clean, do you exercise well, and have patience.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Getting Disappointed with Supplements. Need input!

Originally posted by Nightwing
Stop wasting your money on those pills. I did the same thing and had the same problems that you did. Your best bet is to reduce your calories to about 1500 and consume plenty of water. Also forget the BS you hear about lowering your carbs.

Do me a favor, check out a book called "A Flat Stomach ASAP" by Ellington Darden.

I'll check it out. Thanks!

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*slaps head*

Supplements are 5% of the equation. 95% is diet and training. Common people, how many freakin' times do you need to hear this? If you're not spot on with your diet or training, NO powder or pill will help you. They are there to complete that little 5% when you need it most.

OMG the idiocy...

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just an update. It's pretty much answering my own question.

Patience is definitely necessary!

My weight plays around/ in the same area when I started but my waist girth is going down. That tells me that even though my weight is still the same that I'm losing BF and gaining lean muscle.

I don't know what's the biggest factor in my improvement (steady workout, frequent meal, increasing fluid intake) but I don't care, I notice the difference in my strenght and endurance.

Ixnys

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's put things into perspective:

"If weight could be lost with some pill or gimmick, I would have bought it by now"
-Oprah Winfrey

Losing weight takes work. You have to correct your eating habits. Eat healthy foods and keep your calories in check. You also have to continue lifting weights and doing cardio.

I'd reccommend the book "The Sports Nutrition Guidebook" by Nancy Clark.

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you keeping track of body fat percentages? If not its likely that you're gaining muscle mass and losing fat.

In three weeks without before and after pictures for comparison you may not notice a visible difference, but your body composition could have changed.

Isopure is a quality protein (usually expensive tho), but it has to be part of a complete diet.