Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting a life

Tedward

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi
For the past few years, I've been playing lots of video games, rarely going out with friends, never going out with girls for anything more than just friends, spending most of my time alone in my room. I basically have no life. In the past few weeks i found this site and i've been reading a lot of the articles. There is some really good advice, but a lot of it talks about getting a life and finding your "passion" in life. Now the only thing I can remember really being caught up in is playing video games. And I've been getting away from those now, so I'm trying to find some other more constructive ways to occupy my time. The school sports, football basketball soccer etc, dont seem to interest me. And I dont play any musical instrument. So what "passions" do you high school guys have?

Any advice is appretiated. Thanks in advance.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there are loads of posts on this topic. use the search button at the top right of the screen.

what worked for me was golf and playing the guitar. i had always been good at golf, but i'd never played the guitar until last month. also, i'm obsessed with weight lifting and keeping my body in trim.

so check out the health and fitness forum. if you're skinny (like i was and sort of still am) bulk up. spend the money on the right foods, especially whey powder and creatine (it's all in diesel's post). if you're fat, cut the fvck up till you look and feel ripped (diesel's guide to cutting up)

whatever you do, stay away from the computer games. i had a major 'internet suicide' - that's what you call them eh? - at the start of last year. i caved a few times but just now, i haven't played a computer game since about august last year. it helps a lot when you don't have such a distraction. well done from moving away from it.

print out finger's weapons of mass seduction and worship hte guy every night at 5oclock ;)

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Tedward

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not that I'm physically out of shape. I'm actually naturally pretty fit. And I do lift weights occasionally. But thats not something that occupies a lot of time. I'm looking for a hobby or something to do that really interests me. And I have read most of the HS bible already, most of it just tells you to find a hobby, no examples given.

JudgementDay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like gav said, if you have free time, you should be using it to improve yourself either physically by bulking or cutting or even mentally by reading the DJ bible or another book.

Most people I know would love to have your problem, as they are just too busy all the time...

JudgementDay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry bout that late post...

Get some friends from school and start hanging out wit them, you'll find plenty to do...

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you're already pretty fit, i'd say take up a bulking plan. it will do a number of things including give you more energy, make you feel better with the endorphins you're body produces plus you will look and feel better.

if not, i give up, i think everyone can look better

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hobbies?
Skating[chicks dig this as far as I can tell], playing an instrument[drums, guitar, bass ect], snowboarding, drawing, smoking weed:) [don't do this] dancing..
something man.
good luck.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you, i still dont think i have found my passion, i do lots of sports like rowing and swimming and water polo. But, i love these but they are not a passion.

Everyone on these forums and other ones which were set up with dating in mind tends to be obsessed with weight lifting. As a passion, like rowing it can become a bit obsessive. The reason most of these guys start it is because they were not confident in how they looked and could see improvement via weight lifting. Personally as a passion i think its a bit dull, but if it is a passion go for it. However, a lot of people appear to not understand passion, somehting you love, they do it because they love its effects they do not actually enjoy working out every single day (in the main).

Other people he is asking about your PASSION, ie what you love doing. For me it used to be reading but i love travel and snowboarding/sking. Also just having fun with my friends.

The aim is that everytime somehting new you see comes up, like ballroom dancing classes/ Karate/ judo/ fencing/ debating, you go and try it and you will discover a passion. I have lots of things i love doing but not really a passion and the more things i do and try out, the more i love some things and discover others are not for me.

While you are looking for it, try variety.

Thraxeh

Don Juan
Reaction score
music is my passion, i love it. i can just sit down with my guitar, bass, my voice, and a drum machine, and record songs for hours.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start working out on a regular basis. Find some info on good workout routines and start working out about four times a week. After a while you're going to notice the major improvements. Once you see the progress, I promise you'll have a new passion.

That's what happened to me anyway.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
elevate whatever you do to an art form

fingers

ThEFuRy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be like this, i ended up finding a real hobby in filming and then editing the things i film using my computer - so much so that im currently exploring selling my PC to buy a Mac instead for better video editing programs and platforms.

I also found a real passion in soul music - i found that listening to types of music i wouldnt normally consider to listen to widened my overall appreciation of music as a whole, and just because you dont play a musical instument doesnt mean that you cant try various ones out. Be adventurous man, your not gonna get anywhere without trying.

You see, the hobby doesnt neccesarily have to be a sport of any kind as mine are not at all related to sports, just explore different things, tryout things you previously wouldnt try out.

It all comes down to that saying "Try, Try and Try again", listen to it wisely :)

Fury

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree about weights - it's more like an itch that I need to scratch, or an addiction. If I dont get that endorphine kick running through me, I'm on edge and need to sort something out ^_^

MY main passion is guitar... it comes and it goes, it's about the creativity for me not just playing other peoples music. It just flows for me, I can lose myself in it - I hope you can find something you have a passion for too.

Just keep that mind open man

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I DJ girls in mass. I select the ones I want and I go for them. I get what I want when I want it. I'm the greatest DJ in my area...

Then I go home and play video games all night long into the AM hours.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I highly suggest you try many different things that you aren't occupied in already. For example, try going bowling, snowboarding/skiing, wakeboarding, pool, guitar, drums, bass, football, soccer..... there are very many passions you can find, you just have to discover them among yourself. This plays an important role in finding who you really are, and getting you an identity to others.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found a passion in photography.

I also read, work, and workout a lot, so i rarely play video games anymore. But i used to be a lot like you.

I'd recomend trying to coming up with a more regular work-out routine.