Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gav's Guide to Motivation (includes help with studying)

Jizamurai

Don Juan
Reaction score
THIS is why i think this site is so valuable.... it isnt just about seduction techniques....

In order to become more succesful with women, your best bet is to become a BETTER MAN OVERALL!!! ....not that this hasnt been said many times already, but this post made it even clearer. :)

arealman

Reaction score
Bump -

And, I love this post, and the material contained with-in it.
I understand how the memory improvment linking-thing works, from reading some other memory improving material, basically the rule is you can learn and remember anything easily and forever - if you connect it to something already known.

Whole brain learning I think is what you are talking about teh GENIUS-LIKE
use of brain. Music, is VERY good for this, as its tapping into both brain hemispheres at the same time, I do a lot of poetry and freestyling, songwriting and such, and have done it seriously at least since 14, 20 now.. and I notice over manyu people I have a huge advantage.. my brain just works better, draws conclusions quicker.. more accurate.. and the more you use that day dreaming visualization technique the more real the visualization becomes, till it almost seems tangible.

I agree completely with u Jizamuraim, thats why I love this site too..

NoNickname

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this post is absolutely spot on.

Last year, I was only playing computer games at school, and my grades were poor. When I was at home, I was really lazy, sleeping for an hour or two, waking up, feeling terrible (you know that feeling after you've woken up having slept when you weren't suppose to) and consequently not having the will and energy to do anything. I wasn't working out, and I didn't go to as many soccer practices.

This year, I'm never playing computer games at school, and my grades are much better. I never sleep when I'm not suppose to. I work out three times a week, and I go to soccer practice three times a week. I'm much more busy, but the fact that I get less time for various things, only makes me do these various things more effectively. So, I get a lot more stuff done.

The only thing I haven't improved during the last year, is my social life. I've become "better", but I'm not hanging out with friends enough.

To sum that up: Do stuff!:rockon:

micon

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh my god. great great great post. this was something that i needed.

AlphaChump

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone should write a post motivating me to read this monster post. :crackup:

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump/Update

It has been a while since I wrote this post and it is long overdue an update.

My life has completely turned around in the past two years. I am a whole new person. Fingers noted that every seven years our bodies end up with a completely new set of cells. This is what I feel has happened to me.

Where I am Now

Because of my third year exam results I am now one year short of a first class law degree from the best uni in the country, coupled with personal skills that are going to land me a traineeship with the best law firm in country.

How has this happened?

Was it due to putting my long speech into practice? To some extent yes. As long as you have some sort of understanding and feeling of the pain of being second best, of settling for Bs when As are possible etc. In fact, I actually tell people this regularly. I read somewhere that if you tell people you're going to aim for something, you are more likely to achieve it; this has been true in my experience as it puts more pressure on you.

To get to the point, there are several things which you should always bear in mind, even if not in the context of your studies:

1. Aim for As! Simple as that; even in your subconscious mind you know that there is a way to get the best out of yourself e.g. going to the library at least 6 hours every day until an exam and making that time count.

2. Mind mapping is the way to go. Most people will have heard that they are the best way to study, but few actually use them or indeed use them effectively. I will explain how to use them to full effect below.

3. Get a passion (or at least find it); something that makes your body and mind fire up with energy. For me it is listening to hardcore dance music. Quite ironic that I'm such a big fan considering that most supporters are neds (non-educated delinquents). In fact I listened to this and got myself pumped up before each of last years exams. Furthermore, I do not work out without listening to it on my ipod.

4. "Shut the **** up and get on with it." Stop over-thinking things. To some extent even the 3 second rule isn't good because you have to think about counting from 3 in the first place. If you need to do something, take some responsibility and be a man about it.

That's all I'm saying. To be honest, I don't think I needed to have mentioned as much as I did in my original post for this thread; I actually think it encourages further over-thinking.

Oh and masturbation is good in moderation. So is anal :D

-
-

Mindmaps

Credit to Tony Buzan for the invention. However, this is my experience of them and not his.

The Concept

Get some blank paper. Put a central idea in the middle. Expand lines ******d which lead to further ideas. Expand those ideas with further lines to create more ideas; again further from the centre. Now you have a mindmap.

Why Do They Work?

The whole idea, which I never really understood until last year, is that your brain does not operate in a linear fashion (e.g. having a nice big fvcking list of things to remember; a commonality in lecture notes); instead, it works in a non-linear/planar way - like a GPS satellite locating something.

As such, when trying to remember bits of information spread across a mind map, your brain can remember the exact position of the information (assisted by the lines you have drawn from the centre) and everything else around it. It is hard to explain in words, but after trying it out and trying to reproduce an entire mindmap from memory, you can see the principle behind it.

A further feature is it provides a very complex yet comprehensive structure. You can see where ideas fit in the big picture.

How I've Used Them

For each exam in my last set of exams I used on average 20 mindmaps on A3 paper, (in the smallest writing, spanning the entire page, with different highlight colours for different levels).

For each lecture I attended last year I started off with a blank sheet of A4 and put the lecture heading in the middle of the page and worked from there (not all that tricky when you have a lecture structure to assist you). You get some funny looks now and then, but these are from the people who are only making it harder for themselves when it comes to remembering everything they're writing down in linear lists and paragraphs.

I think someone asked on here how to remember very technical things for e.g. medicine exams. This is what you need. Law exams (or history, sociology etc) are no different as they require technical expressions (I did forensic medicine in second year actually using maps and it worked out great);(maths, engineering etc may seem like a totally different world, but at the end of the day, there are still ideas and ideas within those ideas; think about it).

Forget what I was saying about attaching numbers and pictures to ideas (i said it somewhere in an earlier reply). This is all very well for memorising decks of cards or shopping lists; but when it comes to remembering and understanding complex ideas, mindmaps are the way to go.

-
-

Ok, all the best everyone and have a good 2006-2007.
Gav

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice and everything.

I'll admit I never read it all through but like skimmed.

But isn't by seriously studying hard all the time over-thinking things?
It kinda sounds like a nerdy thing to do, and nerds don't have the greatest lives.

lol I know it's sort of hypercritical since we both actually read seduction material.

What your basically saying though is the paradox of hedonism, seeking happiness will always make you not happy because your always focused on the fact your trying to get it. But seeking things like indirectly from happiness like knowledge will. That's why nerds still have way better lives then drug addicts.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
But isn't by seriously studying hard all the time over-thinking things?
It kinda sounds like a nerdy thing to do, and nerds don't have the greatest lives.
I'm talking about studying substantive materials. And it is not "nerdy"; it's all about where you're going in life (and getting a good degree is a good route to take; even though nowadays the more practical approach to work is becoming common).

And I haven't been on this site or any others for over a year now; I just don't have the need to spend time reading and rereading the same stuff (as good as it was originally).

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You left out alcohol and drugs in short term pleasure.

Junaid

Don Juan
Reaction score
i <3 long term pleasure

and im also trying to stop masterbating
IT IS SO HARD lol after awile u get into the "all girls are super hot" phase in which u get horny RELE ez lol

but then at the end of the day u say to urself "wow i resisted temptation today" u feel rele good about urself.. its the same feeling u get after u beat someone really good at something.. the person ur beating in this is ur penis lol (wow.. that sounds weird)

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I ****ing Love This Post. It Was A Crucial Part Of Changing My Life!!

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Someone who listens to Anthony Robbins! Which one should I get? The guy has like 10 and I don't want to listen to all of it.

MrGold

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an exam in exactly one week! And, for a moment i actually thought i was fooked since i havent revised for it what so ever. But, from the moment i finished reading this divine post, I realised, I CAN prevent myself from becoming an absolute loser, half wit, lazy retard with no qualifications, living off my parents like a depressed parasite, chuggin' beer for the rest of my life. AND I WILL GET INTO UNIVERSITY! Gav, I'm in dept to you.. Thanks dude.

P.S. Being physically fit does actually help motivate you. I have been training for around 6months and have seen huges changes in my physique (train 4 a 6pac, ladies love it), and this has given me a confidence boost helping me in many areas of my life.. Mornin' run aint gonna kill ya!