Gauging interest in women who legitimately have a lot going on

Crow

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my past experience, when things went well with women, they were usually cosmic (actually they still often are). Things girls say don't matter because they conform 100%. It's almost like dealing with junkies. Work, school or whatever responsibilities become secondary. The problem is that I don't like this subservience very much. It's unattractive. Yet, when I get too much push back from women who are INDEPENDENT, it's hard to gauge if it's because they don't like me or if I'm just being too sensitive. It's like going from the super obvious to the opposite!

Trail Mix-A-Lot

Reaction score
I don't post much. I love this forum and have been a member for some years now.

I have pretty strong convictions about the question in your post. I think with women it's pretty simple. People do what the want to do. I firmly believe this. If a woman is interested in you, busy or not, you will know it you will have no doubts.

Now I have a big ego, and it's burned me plenty of times in the past. I've held out to spend time with a "busy" woman. All the while telling myself, "Wow she must really have a lot going on..."

The truth was that she was mildly interested but I wasn't her No. 1 choice. I was the Plan B or the fallback guy.

Truth-be-told when a woman is truly interested you, you'll almost feel as if she's a touch "stalker-ish", really. Anything less shows that she is only somewhat interested.

I am casually dating a woman now who has *tons* of stuff going on in her life. Super demanding job, Scads of friends (both male and female), very active in community and local government. She is super interested in me. I'm shocked, and frankly feel somewhat smothered, by the amount of attention she bestows on me.

I'm a hard liner (possibly to a fault). If I get a Number, I'll ask a girl out one time. If she says she's busy or unavailable in any way-shape-or-form, I'm out. The end. Even if she offers up an alternative date.

-Trail-

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trail Mix-A-Lot said:
I'm a hard liner (possibly to a fault). If I get a Number, I'll ask a girl out one time. If she says she's busy or unavailable in any way-shape-or-form, I'm out. The end. Even if she offers up an alternative date.

-Trail-
Not sure about cutting her loose if she offers an alternative. By suggesting another place and another time, she is returning your invitation, and your interest.

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trail Mix-A-Lot said:
I don't post much. I love this forum and have been a member for some years now.

I have pretty strong convictions about the question in your post. I think with women it's pretty simple. People do what the want to do. I firmly believe this. If a woman is interested in you, busy or not, you will know it you will have no doubts.

Now I have a big ego, and it's burned me plenty of times in the past. I've held out to spend time with a "busy" woman. All the while telling myself, "Wow she must really have a lot going on..."

The truth was that she was mildly interested but I wasn't her No. 1 choice. I was the Plan B or the fallback guy.

Truth-be-told when a woman is truly interested you, you'll almost feel as if she's a touch "stalker-ish", really. Anything less shows that she is only somewhat interested.

I am casually dating a woman now who has *tons* of stuff going on in her life. Super demanding job, Scads of friends (both male and female), very active in community and local government. She is super interested in me. I'm shocked, and frankly feel somewhat smothered, by the amount of attention she bestows on me.

-Trail-
I agree with this as well. However, I will accept one 1st meeting/date counteroffer. No counteroffer... I'm out.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trail Mix-A-Lot said:

-
Yes, true enough. ^

A woman with high IL will act in ways that leave no doubt. Problem is that most women take a little time (and DJ effort by you) to reach boiling temperature.