Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gated Communities

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gated communities, those without a guard standing at the gate, are security theater. The image of security is more important than actually doing anything to protect residents.

I once lived in a gated community which had a gate at one entrance but did not have a gate at the other entrance. The gate was constructed to stop thru traffic, but if you gate one entrance you might as well gate the other, or thieves can simply drive around.

What invariably happens with gated communities with no guard is that everybody lets each other in. If a car pulls up behind you as you drive through the gate, it's practically impossible to stop them from getting in. There are cars that will wait for you to pull up to the gate to sneak behind you.

I live in a gated.comminity now and it sure is a waste of money every time someone smashes into the gate.

Gated communities with an actual guard are not perfect, because if someone is determined enough they can find a way in, but it sure is more secure.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're coming for you OP.

Serious though, this is an important topic, one worthy of a TED Talk.

https://www.ted.com/talks

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some gated communities are not that good. Many apartments fall into this category. Few apartment communities actually do gating well. Gates are often non-functional, which annoys rent paying residents.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gated communities, those without a guard standing at the gate, are security theater. The image of security is more important than actually doing anything to protect residents.

I once lived in a gated community which had a gate at one entrance but did not have a gate at the other entrance. The gate was constructed to stop thru traffic, but if you gate one entrance you might as well gate the other, or thieves can simply drive around.

What invariably happens with gated communities with no guard is that everybody lets each other in. If a car pulls up behind you as you drive through the gate, it's practically impossible to stop them from getting in. There are cars that will wait for you to pull up to the gate to sneak behind you.

I live in a gated.comminity now and it sure is a waste of money every time someone smashes into the gate.

Gated communities with an actual guard are not perfect, because if someone is determined enough they can find a way in, but it sure is more secure.
Surround your community with alligators

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the purpose of a gated community?
I can't say for sure but to me it's just a status flex.

I had a friend in h.s. whose family moved into one. They were already wealthy-ish in a nice McMansion neighborhood but "moved on up" anyway to a posher one. The first (and only) time I visited him I had to be buzzed in from outside the gate, in my car. "How fukking stupid is this," I thought. I was maybe 18. Can think of much better things to spend that money on but to each his own.