Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Galactus Got Game!

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't usually pick up strange women by talking to them and getting their phone numbers. Most of the time it's women I know. But I was working third shift Friday night, dealing with the usual crowd of drunks, and at about 4am, when things settled down a little, this girl came in, by herself.

I was finishing up my work at the time, trying to get out of there and go home. She sat down at a table near me and opened a textbook. I went about my work, thinking, hmm, this is something I don't do much, but what would Pook do? What would Powertrip do? Giovanni Casanova? Jake Steed? Trickynick?

So I started talking to her. Before you know it, I'm sitting across from her at the same table. I was getting some great vibes from her, and I tore a piece of paper off my pad and said, "I have to finish work, but I really think we should get together and talk some more at a later date. We could get a bite to eat or something." She wrote her number down.

This was early Saturday morning. I'm thinking of calling her Tuesday, unless any of you think that's a bad idea.

For me this was a fairly big success, because as I said at the beginning, I'm not usually inclined to get dates this way.

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really is that easy, isnt it? Long ago I would've dwelled on even talking to a girl for hours, then when I wouldve made up my mind, she'd be no where to be found.

I'm happy for you Galactus, especially since you didnt lead her into the bathroom this time!

------------------
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Galactus:

Wait a full 5 days before calling.
I would wait 6 myself.
I can see no down side to doing this.

That is the only key advice I would give you.
Never call 2-3 days because you like the girl a lot, or you think that there is high interest, or ANY REASON.

Don't forget the fundamentals: Be scarce, appear busy, make her wonder.

Be sincere but not apologetic with any excuse.

P.S. I know that this is in the success forum, but I needed to say this....

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poach: Maybe it's AFC to think this, but doesn't 6 days seem a little too long? I know you don't want to appear desperate, but if you wait more than 5 days max, it seems as if you're blowing her off.

I don't know, but it just seems to me that the psychological effect you're trying to induce in her could reverse itself. At first she could be thinking, "Why isn't he calling? I guess he's very busy, and I'm not his top priority." This is good, but after too long, she might just go, "Fvck him if he's gonna blow me off like this."

Also, I should probably mention that she's pretty, but not a major hottie. Not the kind of chick that needs to be taken down a few pegs. She's a college student, all alone in a restaurant with a textbook, late on a Friday night. If I take her down too many pegs, she's gonna hit the floor, hard.

------------------
"When people go to the circus, they don't want to see clowns. They want to see fvcking lions and tigers, and that's what we are."
-John Gotti

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome job, Galactus! And great job restraining yourself from bending her over the men's room handicapped toilet. Each time you do this, it becomes a little easier, but doing it for the first time really opens the floodgates. Don't be surprised if this becomes normal for you, Galactus.

Well done.

------------------
CASANOVA

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."
Eric Hoffer

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
Voltaire

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
G-

The old analogy is this: Would YOU give up on a babe that promised to call you if she called 6 days later? Say she calls you in 8 days, is sincere, and suggests a get together?

Does the passing of one week lower your interest in a girl with a lot of positive qualitites you're looking for? Of course not...if you know your game, you'll just let it pass and take the date. Act like it never happened whether you waited or she did. I am a very big fan of this parameter because it worked perfectly with the G/F, who is a doll, smart, funny, etc...

She has never mentioned the time factor in 6 months. I don't even think that she realized it was a waiting game. Now, if a girl tells you she'll call at a certain time and doesn't, yeah, you blow it off and move on. But, if she calls in 6, is earnest, and you guys have a great time, will it really change anything in the long run? No, of course not.

I hate to be such a adamant fan of this...but I honestly can't see a down side, at all. And, by god, please don't ever let me hear a newbie again post "what if she meets some guy in the mean time, like two days later at a club?"

I mean, HAVE YOUR HEARD THIS S***?

So she does, SO WHAT? If you have your DJ stuff down, you'll get her in the end, because this guy will call her two days later, then two days later, then the next afternoon, then he'll bring her a little stuffed animal to where she works, etc...

By then she's thinking..."WHOA...too serious too soon, this guy is desperate..! What a turn off. Ugh. I wish I had a guy who is confident and is in no hurry. That is so sexy. Oh, well...."

(*phone rings*)

"Hello? Hi! Of course I remember you Galactus! Just sitting here hiding from this guy who seems to be on some schedule, and is freaking me out...! Get together? Ok, sure! Where are we going...?!"

Guys, remember PATIENCE makes the DJ. Who said that? HMMMmmmmm

(man oh man....I have a G/F and I am still working several LONG TERM PLANS with other girls....right place at the right time baby)

P.S. ... isn't them thinking "he's sooo busy, maybe I'm NOT his top priority" ---
EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT THEM TO THINK????

------------------
"We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster. There's no point in waiting for the cavalry, because, as of this moment, the cavalry is US."
-- The Shoveler, "Mystery Men"

[This message has been edited by PoachR75 (edited 02-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by PoachR75 (edited 02-26-2002).]

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay Poach, I'm gonna trust you on this. I met her Saturday morning, today is Wednesday, and I was planning on calling her today or tomorrow at the latest. Now I'm thinking Friday. Almost a complete week. I've never really thought about the wait time for calls until recently, so I don't really know. But what you say makes sense. Right now I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do if I get the answering machine.

------------------
"When people go to the circus, they don't want to see clowns. They want to see fvcking lions and tigers, and that's what we are."
-John Gotti

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo, congrats galactus. You never let me down. About calling, I usually wait 3-4 days if I get good, sincere signals, 4-7 if I get the playah vibe from her. It's like a reward for her being a cool girl.

Poach has some great reasoning I can't argue with. I'd rather call later than earlier. The reason you wait is because most game player girls will make sure they screen their calls for a couple days after giving a guy her number, so she can be unavailable and make him call a lot and prove his high AFC interest. Then she has the upper hand. But if you wait a little longer, her security begins to wane and her shields go down. Then you hit her when her guard is down.

I'd suggest trying it both ways. Wait a week to call this one, and the next girl you pick up, try calling on the third day. Alternate it and see which gives you the best results.

Jake

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, here's what I did. I called her yesterday around five, from my brother's house. Got her machine, hung up without leaving a message. This was five days after I met her.

Today around two, I called again, from my house. I figured if I get her answering machine again, I gotta leave a message, because if she has caller I.D., sooner or later she's gonna realize I've called her several times.

I got her machine again. I left her a message similar to this: "Hi Skanky. This is Galactus the Devourer. I met you Saturday morning at the Microsoft Pizza Jamboree. Just wondering if you have any plans for Sunday evening. My number is 555-5555. Best time to call is in the morning. Thanks, have a nice day."

Do you think this was right, telling her to get back to me? It just seems better than me repeatedly calling her and getting the machine.

------------------
-John Gotti

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Galactus,

Now I'm on the edge of my seat...DAMN YOU

Seriously, also, dial "*67", then dial her number, it will appear to any caller ID machine as "number unknown". If you get the machine, HANG UP, she will not wonder who called, she will just assume it was a telemarketer.

p.s. "Tips/Waitress" is now in the DJ Bible!!

YYEEEEEAAAH!

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay Poach, get off the edge of your seat.

Last night I was at my brother's house, where I had called this girl from the first time. The phone rang, my bro answered, and I didn't pay attention. After hanging up, he says, "Some girl named Skanky wanting to know if somebody called her from this phone."

I told him that was the girl I had called the previous night, but got her machine and hung up without leaving a message. I decided not to call her back because I fugured if she saw my brother's number on her caller ID, then she also saw mine, and heard the message I left when I had called her from my own house earlier yesterday.

In my message I told her she could call me in the morning. Well, I was home this morning, no call. If she had my brother's number, she had mine, and heard the message. And she hadn't tried calling me at any time, because there was nothing on my caller ID showing it.

I don't know why she didn't call, but I'm wondering if she's worth a second shot. She's not the kind of chick that has guys drooling all over her, maybe she's nervous, I don't know. Or maybe she just changed her mind, for uniquely female reasons.

I don't want to get all AFC on her, but I'm wondering if I really need to toss her number, or if this situation is still salvageable.

------------------
-John Gotti

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
She didn't call because you waited to long to call her. If you don't call by the third day MOST women will start to get annoyed that you haven't. They will think:

1) He is just like those other @sswiipes who ask for a woman's number and then doesn't call.

2) He isn't really interested in me.

3) If he waited this long to call to ask me out he must have called a few other women before me and they must have turned him down. I'm not his first choice and the others didn't want to go out with him.

The only girls you should wait over three days to call are the biotchy ones with an attitude. If a girl is nice, sweet, receptive and interested you should reward that kind of behavior so that she continues to behave that way.

Reward desirable behavior and ignore the behavior you don't like. If she's going to call you back at all she won't do it until after waiting at least as many days as you did.

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire:
She didn't call because you waited to long to call her. If you don't call by the third day MOST women will start to get annoyed that you haven't. They will think:

1) He is just like those other @sswiipes who ask for a woman's number and then doesn't call.

2) He isn't really interested in me.

3) If he waited this long to call to ask me out he must have called a few other women before me and they must have turned him down. I'm not his first choice and the others didn't want to go out with him.

The only girls you should wait over three days to call are the biotchy ones with an attitude. If a girl is nice, sweet, receptive and interested you should reward that kind of behavior so that she continues to behave that way.

Reward desirable behavior and ignore the behavior you don't like. If she's going to call you back at all she won't do it until after waiting at least as many days as you did.
Hmmmm. You say a lot of stupid things, so I'm not usually inclined to pay any attention to what you say, but in this case, this is pretty much what I was thinking.

She wasn't some stuck-up bytch, she was a nice girl, and I had a feeling waiting as long as I did might have a negative effect on her.

Well, after this morning and still no call, I decided to move on. I'm not sure that calling her again would be a bad thing, but if her reason for not calling me is out of spite, then I think we're already starting out with more drama than I want to deal with. I'm not inclined to call back and put the power in her hands. She's got my number. If she's interested, she knows what to do with it.

This is really just an experiment to see what works. I think I'm going to email this girl in a couple minutes:
http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000035.html

It's been five days.

------------------
"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that, apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second best policy. Second is not all that bad."
-George Carlin

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by galactus:
Hmmmm. You say a lot of stupid things, so I'm not usually inclined to pay any attention to what you say, but in this case, this is pretty much what I was thinking.

She wasn't some stuck-up bytch, she was a nice girl, and I had a feeling waiting as long as I did might have a negative effect on her.

Well, after this morning and still no call, I decided to move on. I'm not sure that calling her again would be a bad thing, but if her reason for not calling me is out of spite, then I think we're already starting out with more drama than I want to deal with. I'm not inclined to call back and put the power in her hands. She's got my number. If she's interested, she knows what to do with it.

This is really just an experiment to see what works. I think I'm going to email this girl in a couple minutes:
http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000035.html

It's been five days.

galactus, if you paid closer attention to what I say you'd find that I know what I'm talking about and don't have alterior motives as some believe me to have. I call them as I see them.

Yes, the phone game often gets things off on the wrong foot with some women. I think waiting over three days is bad in most cases. This is why:

1) Women stop looking forward to the call after the third day and start thinking the guy is an @sshole.

2) NO ONE is SO busy (barring some unforeseen emergency) that they can't find 10 minutes out of 72 hours to pick up the phone and make a short call. Overkill.

3) It makes the guy look like he struck out with the women above you on his list. You suspect that no one else wants him and wonder why you should.

4) You get the impression that he isn't very interested in you, doesn't follow through in a timely fashion, and if you aren't his first choice why should you want to date him.

5) If you're at least somewhat attractive you are going to have other options available, and in the early stages, the nice guy is a lot more appealing. His doting doesn't wear on your last nerve immediately...it takes some time.

6) The point of waiting in the first place is to not look desperate, look like you have a life, and give you time to calm down. I pointed out how waiting too long can make you look desperate too. Acting too busy can make her think you are too busy to give her any of your time. I know that I have a real problem with dating someone who is too busy for me. What's the point of getting attached to someone who's never there?

Basically, the best time to call is on the third day because you have already attained the goals of waiting to call and she hasn't yet developed all those negative thoughts she WILL have if you wait longer. If she does go out with you, it starts things off on a bad note when you get caught up in silly phone games. If the girl is a *****, you shouldn't date her in the first place, which is why it's in your best interest to wait longer. You save yourself a lot of misery.

You should use the DJ tools to make yourself more desirable to women, NOT to make the women feel insecure. When a woman gets insecure she never behaves in a way that YOU will find desirable.

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire:
When a woman gets insecure she never behaves in a way that YOU will find desirable.
Personally, I don't care how insecure she is as long as she spreads her legs for me. Afterwards, if she turns out to be a drama queen, it's time for her to go.

I agree with #6. I don't have time for busy women, either.

You made some good points. Next time I'll try calling after three days, see how that works out. Luckily, there is an endless supply of women to practice on until I get it right.

------------------
"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that, apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second best policy. Second is not all that bad."
-George Carlin

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I don't care how insecure she is as long as she spreads her legs for me. Afterwards, if she turns out to be a drama queen, it's time for her to go.

I agree with #6. I don't have time for busy women, either.

You made some good points. Next time I'll try calling after three days, see how that works out. Luckily, there is an endless supply of women to practice on until I get it right.

It's more important what you say and how you behave when you do call. As long as you don't radiate neediness there is not reason why you can't call earlier. As long as it's not in the first 24 hours it's not going to hurt you if the girl is interested in you. This is the first call I'm talking about. You obviously don't want to call too much once you start seeing someone, but you have A LOT more room with the first call.

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
G-

Personally, I think she may have been weirded out after she returned the call to your brother's and he denied that anyone called from there. This would make anyone think twice. Remember not to think about any one girl too much, "kiss of death" rule.

I stand by the 5-day minimum wait guidline, although it apparently didn't help here. I don't think the final vote is in yet, though.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by PoachR75:

G-

Personally, I think she may have been weirded out after she returned the call to your brother's and he denied that anyone called from there. This would make anyone think twice. Remember not to think about any one girl too much, "kiss of death" rule.

I stand by the 5-day minimum wait guidline, although it apparently didn't help here. I don't think the final vote is in yet, though.
I get a lot of those calls, at least a couple a month and it's usually a wrong number. I don't think anything of it. She's probably thinking the same thing.

The only thing that really makes any sense is that the length of time it took him to call left a sour taste in her mouth. I'm the same exact way. I'm not into the whole game playing crap, so I'm one of those women a guy should call sooner rather than later.

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hello, Mr. Dead Horse, mind if I beat you some more?"

"Sure, Galactus, you missed a spot."

One more thing I should add. I remember several months ago, before I found this site, I met a girl who was young and really hot. She had big firm tits, and even though I was trying to play it cool, I think some of my eagerness showed. She probably knew exactly what to look for.

Anyway, I asked an AFC buddy when I should call. He didn't know, so he asked his ex-girlfriend. She told him I should call the next day, or the day after that, at the latest. So I waited two days. I don't know if this was the reason or not, but she blew me off, and I called again to set up another time, and she blew me off again. Finally I picked my balls up off the floor and never called her again.

Maybe I waited too long this time, but calling too soon can be the kiss of death, too.

------------------
-George Carlin

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
"Hello, Mr. Dead Horse, mind if I beat you some more?"

"Sure, Galactus, you missed a spot."

One more thing I should add. I remember several months ago, before I found this site, I met a girl who was young and really hot. She had big firm tits, and even though I was trying to play it cool, I think some of my eagerness showed. She probably knew exactly what to look for.

Anyway, I asked an AFC buddy when I should call. He didn't know, so he asked his ex-girlfriend. She told him I should call the next day, or the day after that, at the latest. So I waited two days. I don't know if this was the reason or not, but she blew me off, and I called again to set up another time, and she blew me off again. Finally I picked my balls up off the floor and never called her again.

Maybe I waited too long this time, but calling too soon can be the kiss of death, too.

Yes, calling too soon isn't good in most cases. If the girl has high interest in you, it's not going to matter if you call early, because she is already looking for a reason to like you more. It's the hesitant ones that get turned off by the early call. I don't think calling in the first 24 hours is good at all. On the second day is alright if the girl really shows very high interest. If you are feeling really positive about her accepting the date you shouldn't wait beyoond 3 days. If you feel kina iffy, waiting 5 will work in your favor. If the girl has acted standoffish at all, wait a week or more. In my opinion, it makes A LOT of sense to adjust things based on how the woman responds to you. Knowing how to do that will lead to a higher rate of success.