Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gaining weight, but it's just in the gut

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been working out awhile now 3 days a week doing mainly squats, deadlifts and bench. Recently, I have started drinking 2 protein shakes a day with oats and peanut butter mixed in and it adds to 83 grams of protein in one shake, and I have been eating alot too. I started out at about 6'0 163, and now I weigh about 172, sounds great right? But, I don't think any of this is muscle because my gut is bigger. I would like my weight gain to be muscle, but it just goes to my gut mostly. Could it be that I am getting too much protein from the shakes at one time, and I can't handle that much protein and that excess protein is going to my gut? I have never gained this much weight before and I have been around 160 to 165 since I was 17, so I think my metabolism might be slowing a little since I am 21 now.

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out the idiots guide to growth on here. Read it and read it again.

You need to be measuring your body fat and weighing yourself at regular intervals. Then you would know exactly what you're putting on.

I suspect you aren't lifting properly and that your diet isn't planned well enough.

Don't forget to REST - perhaps you're not allowing enough time for your muscles to recover/grow and so you're just putting on fat as you're obviously eating a lot.

You need to follow a program, un-changed and dedicate yourself to it.

The Muscly Jerk

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
post your diet up here and your routine and your cardio schedule

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't eat the same food everyday, but my diet looks something like this.

breakfeast- 2 pancakes and syrup or cereal and whole milk
meal 2- turkey sandwhich w/ salad dressing, tomatoe, pickles, lettuce 16 oz. whole milk
meal 3- chicken sandwhich w/ salad dressing and tomatoe 16 oz. whole milk
meal 4- protein shake w/ oats, peanut butter 16 oz. whole milk
workout then
after workout meal 5- protein shake w/ oats, peanut butter 16 oz whole milk
meal 6- spagetti or something like that

I'm not sure how many calories all that is or fat , protein or anything...I do know that the protein shake is 83 grams of protein

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well the fat gain problem is obvious. Your diet needs work. The best thing you could do would be to take out the whole milk and add a 3serv protein shake in water in place of it.

The diet needs more work though, def not enough protein in there. I think your online now you could im right quick if you want some help. SN= CALLMESUPABOB

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT, instead of while milk in my protein shakes, you say I should mix it with water instead right? And, what do you mean by 3 serv protein shake? 3 scoops instead of 2? Or 3 protein shakes a day? I actually have thought about getting some fat free milk to use instead though.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're getting an immense amount of simple carbs & saturated fat out of the diet you've posted, and not nearly enough protein. let effort hook you up with some better advice.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would let the milk go man. In a month you'll notice a decrease in your body fat.

I meant to have a shake with 3 scoops of protein in it in water, in place of the milk. Your diet is rough though pm me and i'll help you with it.