Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gained 5 lbs. of muscle in 2 weeks!

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been sticking to my workout routine and eating right (a lot of protein and not eating foods that have more than 20% from fat). My friends have noticed and even a few of my girl (friends) have said something. I'm now 6' 163 and have a 6 pack and about 8% body fat. My goal is to be 170 and nothing more. My 8 week plan is going stong... I am in the middle of week 3 currently.

The only problem with protein, and let me know if anyone else has experienced this as well... is that is give me THE WORST DAMN GAS! I fart like crazy! And it isn't the silent ones either... it's the loud, room clearing ones... ugh.

Oh well... i guess you gotta give and take when trying to get somewhere in life.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flatulence may not necessarily mean bad. Bad maybe for the once who are going to inhale your GI aroma. :D

Supplement yourself with Beano.

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok man I'm puting that line in my signature! Thats freaken hilarious. It's gonna go in all the fitness mags next month. The NEW era of supplements.... BEANO! hahaha.. awesome.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you taking creatine? What suppliments are you taking (any roids)? Are you drinking significantly more water than you were 2 weeks ago? I'm a bit skeptical that you gained that much muscle in 2 weeks, but if it's true I'd like to learn what you did to get that large a gain.

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell no... no roids!! they are for losers.

Here's what I've been doing...

Food:

Breakfast:

Oatmeal
Cereal (2% milk)
Bagels
Eggs (Breakfast Burritos)
OJ
Fresh Fruit

Lunch:
El Pollo Loco
Sandwiches
Protein Shake
A coke.

Dinner:
Sushi
Steak
Lean Hamburger
Veggies
Stir Fry

... there's a lot more but just to give you a general idea. And I don't eat it all at once.... :)

I take Alpha One Creatine (10g per serving) and it also inludes 2g of glutamine. I additionally take 5g of pure creatine (in juice) right when I wake up. I also take additional glutamine right before I go to bed.

I drink about 3 shakes a day (35g X 3) and eat my share of protein in meals. I average about 4-5 meals a day (if i miss a meal i have "meal replacement" shakes).

I have a post somewhere in this forum that shows my exact routine (I've added a few things). But yeah it works... you gotta work yer butt off and eat right... i drink so much protein that it almost makes me sick but when I look in the mirror in the morning, I feel a lot better. Remember, it has a lot to do with your current body composition.

And I do drink a lot of water.... but nothing crazy. About 2 litres a day.

Last edited:

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 things:

#1 - It's not likely you gained 5 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks. If you just started creatine, much of that is water weight. For your goal of 170 lbs, if you reach that while you're on creatine, you will probably drop under 170 when you get off it because you will lose some water weight. Figure you will lose about 5 pounds when you're off creatine.

#2 - 2 litres is not nearly enough water. You should be drinking twice that much while you're on creatine.

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my time posting it if it wasn't true. Tell that to all the ladies that are noticing.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're taking creatine a lot of that's water weight. It's one of creatine's biggest (harmless) side effects. It's very true that it makes your muscles look bigger because the water is stored in your muscle cells, but it's still just water that you'll piss out as soon as you stop taking creatine.

And I agree with livin large, seriously drink more water. All that water in your muscles is potentially taking away water from other parts of your body.

Do some research on creatine if you don't believe us.

Your diet also looks a little bit on the fatty side, but if you play basketball don't worry about it.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
uhhh im willing to wager u that that 5lbs. of muscle is nothing but water and fat

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no fat man... it might be some water I agree... but I have less than 8% bodyfat and a 6 pack. Stop being jealous. Haha.

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
muscle

If I'm really motivated and eat right and exercise right for a whole month the most I can put on is about 5lbs of muscle.

It's funny even when I was bulking I never put on hardly any fat. I gained ten pounds of muscle in about 2 1/2 months and never lost my six pack in the process even though I was eating 700 calories over my daily usage. No creatine either.

Peanut Butter, milk, and nuts are life savers when trying to gain weight.:D

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CriminallySmoothPimp, none that have been found if you follow the directions, but don't take it from me. Do some research youself. Just type in "creatine" into a common search engine like Yahoo. But keep in mind that anything not taken in moderation can harm you. Even too much vitamin C can poison you.

blackbirdbeatle, I've had some similar results so far. I've been bulking for 3 weeks (minus creatine ;P ) and I've gained about 3 pounds and I look like I've lost a little bit of fat - starting to see a bit of a six pack in the mornings again :D

Lost Cause, I forgot to mention, you might be taking a bit too much creatine. Are you following the directions on the bottle? If you're past the loading phase you're just pissing away your money because the body can only absorb so much creatine a day (about 2-5 grams depending on body weight I think). You'd probably have the exact same results taking less. You really need to educate yourself on this...

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've totally educated myself on this. My mom is a doctor and has advised me on anything I've needed to know. I currently take 10 grams a day (which is fine) and I take 5g of glutamine a day. Im doing everything according to plan. That's why I've gotten such good results. I had a nutritionalist do my meals for me (a family friend)... a sports trainer helped me with my excersize routine and I've just fine tuned everything. I noticed you're form OC Shiftkey... I hope you went out and got yourself a tan today... it was damn nice! 83% at the beach when I went surfing.

Latah

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost Cause, if you don't read these you'll really live up to your name :p

http://www.absolute-creatine.com/5.htm

You should take the smallest amount that results in a positive gain. By this we mean that if you find that 5 grams work - that is what you should take. Taking 10 grams will not produce twice the effect. Remember what you are trying to do is saturate the muscles with creatine. You are looking to boost your levels by about 30% percent. Taking addition creatine once you have reached saturation is just a waste. Whatever you don't use is just excreted as the waste product - creatinine.

For the average person 5 grams of creatine powder is the right amount.
http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/creatine_side_effects.html

Renal Stress: There is also some concern that creatine supplementation may place undue stress on the kidneys. These concerns are most valid during the loading phase when large quanities of creatine are taken. During loading the kidneys must work harder to clear unabsorbed creatine from the blood stream. Persons with pre-existing kidney disorders should abstain from creatine use.
I noticed you're form OC Shiftkey... I hope you went out and got yourself a tan today... it was damn nice! 83% at the beach when I went surfing.
Unfortunately I've had work and class all day :(