Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gain weight - how?

Magnatolia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Trying to gain some weight. I'm not particularly interested in doing weights etc.

I have a very high metabolism and find it extremely difficult to gain any weight. Any minor weight gains I do get disappear if I slack off for even one day.

A few months back I increased my food intake and consumed 3 800calorie shakes every day for a week. I gained about 1/4kg. But one day I reduced my intake to normal and the weight gain was gone. I'm not interested in being restricted like this. There are days and situations when you can't consume that much food. Plus I was always full - too full.

I have done some home workout as I don't have access to a gym. I'm 55kg 170cm high. I can bench press (using two dumbells) 15kg so I could probably add more weight with a barbell due to using extra muscles to balance the dumbells.

Any ideas? Any easy to prepare snacks that I can eat during the day that will help me gain weight? Or possibly help prepare a short but good home workout using only dumb bells.

Thanks
J

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To gain weight you're gonna need to eat big, and squat and deadlift.

Your body grows as a unit, and until you give it some major stimulus for change, nothing's going to happen. Your body needs to be shocked, you need to hit it heavy with heavy-A$$ compound weight exercises (aka squat and dead) so that it decides it wants to put extra mass on. Otherwise that "extra" weight you put on is going to be fat, and trust me, no body wants that.

In other words, no gym, no go.

Scoop

Don Juan
Reaction score
semag said:
To gain weight you're gonna need to eat big, and squat and deadlift.

Your body grows as a unit, and until you give it some major stimulus for change, nothing's going to happen. Your body needs to be shocked, you need to hit it heavy with heavy-A$$ compound weight exercises (aka squat and dead) so that it decides it wants to put extra mass on. Otherwise that "extra" weight you put on is going to be fat, and trust me, no body wants that.

In other words, no gym, no go.

exactly. If you want to gain lean weight (not fat) then you have to hit the weights hard. Heavy compound lifts, those are the way to go. It only takes 3 hours a week to start. One hour in the gym , three days a week. Start with monday, wednesday and friday. Here I will write you up a simple plan

Monday- Lower body.

Stretch out well...you'll need it.

First off..find the seated leg raise machine. Go light, and do 2 sets of 20 reps. This is to wake up your quads.

Second- Find the squat rack. Do your first set very light, as to get used to the motion. Your first few weeks you want to concentrait on the form.
When you get good at that, start loading up the weights and pyramid 5 sets, 2 up, one max, 2 down.

Follow this with 3 sets with moderate weight on both the leg raise and hamstring curl machine.

Stretch !!

Wednesday-

Back day

Stretch out good once again.

I like to start back day with heavy deadlifts. These will work everything from your traps down to your lower lats, along with shoulders and biceps and all the small muscles around them. do five sets, starting light then progressing to heavy for the fourth set. The fifth set I like to drop the weight back down for 20 good form reps, to get the max. level of blood into the muscles. Follow this with a concentration movement such as lat pulldowns for 3 good sets. Finish with Heavy bent over rows, 5 sets. If you have anything left in you, you could finish off with seated cable rows, or finish your bi's with some curls. I prefer barbell curls or machine curls, machine because they keep your muscle workign throughout the entire movement.

Friday- Chest

Bench day, The newbs fav.

This day focus' mainly on chest but also will hit the triceps, the muscle which makes up 3\4ths of your upper arm.

Start with a heavy flat bench. You know you want to. 5 sets

Then isolate your upper pecs with incline dumbell presses, superset with decline bb presses for the lower pecs. Finish off your triceps with either skull crushers, close grip bench, dips, or tricep pressdowns.

That is a basic weight gaining workout schedual. But the biggest part of it all is your diet. Eat man. Down as much as you can, for your case i would even suggest a dirty bulk, just get as much caloric intake as you can. Down junkfood, shakes, tuna, chicken, everything you can get your hands on. EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And use a quality weightgainer shake when you cannot get a full meal in. Eat at least 6 good meals a day.
-scoop

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magnatolia said:
Hi Guys,

Trying to gain some weight. I'm not particularly interested in doing weights etc.
PM me and i'll give you my friend Jack's email address. He has some magic beans for sale.

ntssv

Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
PM me and i'll give you my friend Jack's email address. He has some magic beans for sale.
Can I have that email address too??? :crackup:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Can I buy some cell-tech from him too? I heard you can grow 2" in the arms in one month if you eat cell-tech.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the original poster, try to eat fat rich food and you will grow. use alot of peanutbutter on your sandwiches, I used to eat 1 litre of yogurt as a meal, rice is awesome because it is pretty dense energy source. It's not about eating alot on one meal, try to increase every meal slowly, instead of eating three potatoes in a meal, have four or five, instead of having two sandwiches have thre or four. I used to have trouble eating this much and now I can eat six sandwiches and 3 dl oatmeal and half a litre to drink without breaking a sweat.

If you increase your intake by 300 calories consistently then this will slowly give you more weight. Mostly fat though. I really recommend you do some weight training at the side. Doesn't have to be very serious but go to a gym. Do the compounds, bench presses, squats, deadlifts, military presses and rows and you're fine.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh I want to gain weight but I don't want to work for it. I eat about 2000 calories a day for a week or so, and then I'm not happy when I don't gain much weight. Wah Wah Wah.

Eat Big.
Lift Big.
Or Shut up.

All this is meant in a pleasant tone...don't cry too much.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
Can I buy some cell-tech from him too? I heard you can grow 2" in the arms in one month if you eat cell-tech.

No No No. You're all wrong. Eating it only gives you 1". Smoking it is what gives you the 2-3' growth. yes, 2-3 FEET. It's insane.:woo:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
No No No. You're all wrong. Eating it only gives you 1". Smoking it is what gives you the 2-3' growth. yes, 2-3 FEET. It's insane.:woo:
Damn... I heard it increases the size of the **** too? I will go buy cell-tech tomorrow. 3 feet bigger arms will really turn heads.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:

Someone has always gotta take the joke too far.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Someone has always gotta take the joke too far.
And then some other guy like me come and really throw it all out the window. :p