Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fvcking cold sores

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm about to go on vacation with my girl next week and she gets a goddamn cold sore right before the trip. I did some research and apparently its caused by the HSV-1 herpes virus, they're contagious as hell and can spread to unwanted areas. However, most people are presumed to already have it but the symptoms don't appear in everyone. To those of you who are more knowledgeable on this topic, is this no big deal or should I treat her like she has the bubonic plague and cancel the trip? I'd imagine after a sex marathon the virus would be guaranteed to transfer to me if I don't already have it.

B

BeDJ

If you are mutually exclusive with this woman, subtly advise her to take Lysine pills when she suspects a bump incoming.

Don't sweat about oral herpes, they are much more common than you think.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BeDJ said:
If you are mutually exclusive with this woman, subtly advise her to take Lysine pills when she suspects a bump incoming.
Lysine is an off-the-shelf natural supplement. She could probably stand taking them all the time to help reduce the occurance of outbreaks. If she gets them frequently, then she'd be best off going to the doctor for a prescription for Valtrex and take that daily.

HSV (both 1 and 2) isn't all that big of a deal. It's basically just an occasionally annoying skin disorder. The only time it can kill you is if you get sores in your nostril which can eventually travel up to the brain. There's worse things you could get, like MRSA.

Just don't kiss her face while she's having an outbreak and you should be okay. Kiss her hand instead.

Groverz

Don Juan
Reaction score
PRetty sure oral is NOT the same as genital. My roomate gets them a lot due to stress. They are nasty I would not kiss her, but I don;t think there is any danger of ****ing her. Just put a bag over her head if it turns you off =0

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Groverz said:
PRetty sure oral is NOT the same as genital.
It's the same 5hit, different location. Both are spread by contact, both cause blisters, both are triggered by stress / weak immune system, both can be suppressed by the same medications. The intensity and frequency of the outbreaks varies from person to person.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do whatever you want to her vagine this trip but oral and kissing are off limits. No big deal. Happy banging.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While lysine is marketed as an immune boosting over the counter, there is not enough scientific evidence to show that is has any affect on the frequency or severity of cold sore outbreaks. You're just wasting your money.

I can see where people are coming from when they say HSV1 and 2 aren't a big deal, and I would agree in a social sense, but actually having it can be a big deal for someone's personal health. It degrades your immune system over time and makes you more susceptible to bigger issues such as cancers and HIV etc., encephalitis from the virus traveling backwards up the trigeminal ganglion, risk of spreading to the eyes(ocular herpes is a leading cause for blindness in the US) and other complementary illnesses that are opportunistic.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She can't remember the last time she had one so Lysine probably won't be necessary. I'll give her the heads up anyways. Lol no kissing really isn't an option. I'd rather just not go at all if I have to restrain myself. I did a bit more research and apparently the difference between HSV 1 and HSV 2 is their preferred location. 1 likes the face and 2 likes the genitals. 1 can be transffered to the genitals and vice versa but outbreaks would be extremely rare since they arent in their preferred area. Also, the time before the blister forms is the most contagious period. That's over for her already so I'm going to go ahead and take the risk. No oral sex though..I don't want to risk even a small chance of getting that sh!t on my d!ck.

I can see where people are coming from when they say HSV1 and 2 aren't a big deal, and I would agree in a social sense, but actually having it can be a big deal for someone's personal health. It degrades your immune system over time and makes you more susceptible to bigger issues such as cancers and HIV etc., encephalitis from the virus traveling backwards up the trigeminal ganglion, risk of spreading to the eyes(ocular herpes is a leading cause for blindness in the US) and other complementary illnesses that are opportunistic.
True but based on what I've read I don't see it as that big of a risk. I probably have a better chance of dying in a car crash on the way to work than getting herpes in my eye or brain. On another note I find it amusing that society makes a big deal out of genital herpes but no one really cares about the one that everyone can see.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The risk factor is purely relative, sure you have a better chance of dying in a car crash but it's not a mutually exclusive risk. Relativist Fallacy. At any rate, you definitely do not want to kiss her if she has the sore or blister still present as there will be virus particles.

jay07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The united states is the only country that makes this out to be a big deal due to big pharma being a business.

If youve had chicken pox or a cold sore you have it already and it wont affect you. That said if you have a week itll probably be gone by then.

Big Nuts

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Abreva is the only thing that works...may decrease the blister time from 2 weeks to 4-5 days. Get it on NOW!!!

If you or anyone starts to feel a cold sore starting, immediately begin ABREVA creme (apply over blister 5-10 times a day!!!!), the cold sore might not even materialize, if it does, it will be 10% of what a full blown cold sore will do.

/don't work for pharma......took a puck in the lip 20 years ago, got infected and a cold sore develops there every winter....abreva is a miracle ointment...not a cure...anything else is garbage, especially any naturopath crapola!!!!....take advil to decrease inflammation as well

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP: it sounds like you have a good idea of what you're up against, so I'll just touch up on a few points. HSV-1 is general herpes and HSV-2 is genital. They are definitely not the same. About 86% of the population contracts HSV-1 during their lifetime. However, it tends to remain dormant (asleep) in most people and cause outbreaks when under stress or simply randomly. HSV-1 is more similar to HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) in the sense that it is highly likely that you will get it. In fact, most people get HSV-1 as children through kisses from infected adults.

HSV-2, on the other hand, is a more serious infection which will cause puss discharge from the urethra, pain urinating, etc. In summary, I would not cancel the trip with this girl. Just avoid the area as much as possible and explain that you "have the virus" and don't want to awaken it.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've kissed over a hundred unique women...still have never had a cold sore. But I attribute that to luck, and to maybe genes, and to finally being healthy. I can't remember the last time I missed work due to sickness. I work outside too, in the snow, every condition imaginable.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HSV-2, on the other hand, is a more serious infection which will cause puss discharge from the urethra, pain urinating, etc.
This is entirely possible for the initial outbreak, but the following outbreaks are much, much less severe. The OP is correct that the only difference between HSV-1 and HSV-2 is the virus's preferred location to manifest itself. Other than that, it's the same damn thing.

I've kissed over a hundred unique women...still have never had a cold sore.
You're safer making out with and fvcking random women than being in a LTR with a woman who doesn't tell you she has it - solely for the purpose of infecting you and then using guilt trips to keep you attached to her.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ Hah thanks for resurrecting this old ass thread. Anyways it definitely was a cold sore and looked nasty as hell but I decided to take my chances. I haven't gotten any yet which of course doesn't mean anything. If I have it it could pop up tomorrow or five years from now. Oh well, I don't see it as a big deal.

donking

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We have all been exposed to it. Some of us have better or worse immune systems.

Chicken pox is a TYPE of herpes virus but it is not what we usually refer to as "herpes" which is Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV-1 or HSV-2). HSV-1 is most likely related to the oral cavity, HSV-2 to the genital region, but occasionally HSV-1 and HSV-2 can go to any region with mucous membranes.