funny to think how the average worker gets screwed over in life

latino158

Banned
Reaction score
1. you have to pay like 30% of your **** in taxes (for stuff you don't even use)
2. you have to pay RENT (but then again, you hardly ****ing even stay in your house because of you are at work)
2.b or you can buy a HOUSE, but then you are a ****ing slave now because of your mortage and your boss knows it
3. you have to buy a CAR, or spend like 2 hours a day commuting
4. your wage will likely increase LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO inflation, aka, making no extra money despite more experience
5. consumer price index will increase FASTER than your wage increases (aka, **** gets more expensive)
6. all the **** related to sitting for 8+ hours a day for your health
7. you have to suck your boss's **** + HR has you by the balls
8. good looks + sucking up to your boss has much more effect on your pay than HARD WORK itself
9. corps try to squeeze as much out of you as possible, but the minute you don't have any more juice they will throw you away...
10. AND MUCH MORE...

yeah, sex isn't even a big deal when you are getting ****ed hard on a daily basis..

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
upload_2016-4-9_21-0-10.png

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man now I'm sorry to say this, but you're a pvssy. There are immigrants who have come to the US without even knowing the language and surviving. Because of this, they get paid $3.25 an hour having to work 60 to 70 hours a week, getting abused by their boss for not knowing the laws. They work hard, earn more and learn the language. Then they get a better job opportunity that pays more, they learn the rules, save up enough to buy their own business and build others.

What have you done in your life?

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am an immigrant FROM America to Finland..

1. happy to pay my 30% tax
2. nearly free health care (taxes)
3. free University (taxes)
4. 5 weeks forced and paid vacation
5. women ask you out
6. standard yearly wage increases
7. women are not queens first
8. lifetime work contracts
9. coed naked sauna culture
10. no fvks given!

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am an immigrant FROM America to Finland..

1. happy to pay my 30% tax
2. nearly free health care (taxes)
3. free University (taxes)
4. 5 weeks forced and paid vacation
5. women ask you out
6. standard yearly wage increases
7. women are not queens first
8. lifetime work contracts
9. coed naked sauna culture
10. no fvks given!
You forgot your government pension fund, your zero-gaz life style, swedish models.....

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*cough*
you forgot the Russian and Estonian models.

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
if you had any self discipline, you'd live in a van, go to college AND work and in 4 years, you'd have 100k saved up, with which you can retire, either here or in many other countries. full time only took me about 20 hours per week to get a B average Most such degrees are worthless, except to get some govt type job, but I don't care. :) If you take nursing, cop, firefighter or teaching, and get into those careers, your loans are forgiven. If you set up several income-producing properties, you'll be set for life. You are only messed over if you're dumb.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2. you have to pay RENT (but then again, you hardly ****ing even stay in your house because of you are at work)
2.b or you can buy a HOUSE, but then you are a ****ing slave now because of your mortage and your boss knows it
I don't mind buying the house, it's the property taxes that I resent. We're supposed to be able to own our own property in the US, but in most states you are essentially having to pay rent to the government in order to keep it.

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
it's part of the deal. Everyone knows that going into a sale, or you're foolish and don't do your research first. Which is it?

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the flaw in your premise:
latino158 said:
funny to think how the average worker gets screwed over in life
"Gets screwed" is a passive construction, which means the "average worker" is the object of the sentence, where another "Subject" is doing the screwing. However, the ten enumerated points you describe are decisions the "average worker" has made for himself, so essentially HE is the subject. Accordingly:

Funny how the average worker screws himself over in life
is what you meant. This changes the entire essence of the thread: away from "blame" and toward "self-responsibility."

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
anyone can go to college here, free for the time there, and with loans at interest rates that are ridiculously low. 7%, when there's 5% average annual inflation. If you're smart enough to take nursing, you can get a 50k per year job after just 2 years of college, and get more loans to continue your education part time while you work. If you'll work just 4 years,full time, at nursing, your 50k of loans will be forgiven. You can and should have 100k saved in just 6 years, and have a bachelor's degree, easily. that's hardly to be spat upon. You're just lazy, admit it.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so not free really... more loans... to pay off... loans?
nursing... there's a career you will will happy and productive for the 35 years until you retire (not)
here in Europe your 2yr bachelors is a joke when 80% of career oriented applicants enter the workforce with Masters at 24yo.

Xeon21

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, then in order to get around all that BS in numbers 2-9, you do like me. You spend several months carefully analyzing the market and industries in which there is going to be a significant shortage of skills. You go to school for several years and get two different degrees, one of which is extremely valuable right now and will be in the future that employers will have no choice to but literally pay for your entire masters program.

Then after you finish that you command a starting salary of 150k minimum at any location in the entire US with fully padded benefits packages that only go up. #4 is eliminated because if your employer doesn't pay you more, you can easily go find another place to work as you'll be hired in immediately and they know that. There's such a shortage in your profession that they really can't afford you to leave or their business will suffer severely if they don't find someone to replace you with the same set of skills. Sure you can be replaced just like any job position can be, but it'll take them some time to do it.

For #5, yeah, goods will go up, but with this type of job your salary goes right up along with it, not to mention the health insurance packages you receive.

For #6, sure I'll sit large parts of the day for my job, but I'll be in very comfy chairs, either in my vehicle or in my office.

As for #7, with my degree, no. I am away from the majority of the people in the office and only interact with a very small group of people (always management from other departments). HR hires me in, but that's where they then disappear. After about a decade of industry experience, I will then be a consistent presence in company board meetings.

#8, you don't have to suck up when you have a skill set that is needed to keep your company in direct competition with other companies or they'll risk falling behind.

#9 The more experience you gain in my field, the stronger of an asset you are.

and the biggest one is that your job cannot be outsourced as very few people even know what it is and even less know how to do it not to mention the H1-B guys can't. The cars and housing don't matter either as you can have a nice place and a nice car to travel in and still stack up enough in the bank to retire early and do consulting work.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
dont be a slave to the almighty (haha) dollar. its just number in a computer. Work on owning some land, build a house on it. Be as self sustaining as possible. keep you $ in gold an siver, minimal cash on hand (just for bills and a small emergency fund). Find your own happiness. Dont need 2 become a fkin drone for the cash.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i often question the point of it all , unless you are born into money / fame or with some type of silver spoon

life is extremely hard work , il be honest i live month to month scraping through by the skin of my teeth

but whats really weird is that apart from a couple of materialistic objects like a car or a fancy house everyone i look at on day to day basis is stuck in the same game i am

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
who said anything about loans to pay off loans? the loans are foregiven if you work one year full time for each year of full time schooling/loan. you come out of it with a 4 year degree in nursing, and 100k cash. So you can go on to a master's degreen in Anesthesia/nurse, 150k per year. a few years of that and retire in styles. 10 years total, not 35. and 300k in your hand, plenty enough money to live really well in S America