Funny flake

Crow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I promise not to whine in this thread. In my attempts to combat my tendencies towards one-itis, I have cultivated about 6 plates (give or take, depending on the measure). They're all quality women:fun, smart, attractive. Yet, they're all so different.

This thread is about a particularly attractive girl who always texts me saying she wants to get together and then never follows through. It's weird. I'd call her a flake and write it off as low interest, but she's the one always initiating.

Mex

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^^
Let me first tell a story that I had before I get to the conclusion.

I knew a girl like this. We hung out twice, kinoed a little, but she def had low IL so I stopped pursuing. Some time went by and messaged me saying she wanted to hang out again, so we made plans and she flaked. She made a huge elaborate excuse and I told her she was shady and had no character at all and we didnt talk for a while. Then started messaging me again asking to hang out. I just kept saying sure but I never made plans knowing she was gonna flake anyway. But it was weird, she would just keep saying "lets hang out some time"..."we should catch up". But of course, never say when or where. I never replied back and she stopped, butonly after about 4 or 5 messages.

In the meantime, I found out from common acquaintances that she had been on and off with another guy.

So, long story short she was trying to use me as validation so she could at least "know" that there is a guy that would go out with her when the other dude blew her off. She really had no intentions of spending time with me, she just wanted to know that she could if she wanted to.

Now, this type of behavior is nothing new to anyone on here, but usually when a girl falkes, this is the reason. Or, she just doesnt like you and is afraid to say know and hurt your feelings. Either way, I would not contact her anymore. If she wants to see you, make her beg.

Crow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I suspected as much that she may just be exhibiting attention seeking behavior, which is why I never initiate contact. It's a little confusing, but having lots going on makes it real easy to not take any of this personally.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya some girls have other plates too and just throw out random invites with no time or place.. They probably have too much going on and invite out a bunch of people at once then pick who they go with depending on their IL level with each candidate