Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fullbody?? 2day split?? 4 day?? 5 day?? wha???

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello my friends. Now that testing is over and all I have more time on my hands, meaning getting back to working out. I starting eating like crap for a few days because the stress was so high, but I stopped and starting eating clean again so I did not gain much fat during my lethargic stage.

Anyways, my question has to do with splits and fullbody. What are the benefits of a fullbody workout?

What are the benefits of doing a 2 day split? 4 day split? 5 day split? Before testing, I was following this routine:

[-[-[-All 10-12 reps-]-]-]

Monday quads/hamstrings
Dumbbell squats (4 sets)
Leg extensions (3 sets)
Lunges (3 sets)
Dumbbell standing calf raises (3 sets - 10-15 reps)

Tuesday chest/abs
Bench press (4 sets)
Incline dumbell press (3 sets)
Dumbbell flys (3 sets)
Decline crunches (3 sets)
Decline reverse crunches (3 sets)

Wednesday back/forearms
Deadlift (4 sets)
Pulldowns (3 sets)
Dumbbell bent-over row (3 sets)
Wrist curl (3 sets)
Reverse wrist curl (3 sets)

Thursday shoulders
Seated dumbbell shoulder press (4 sets)
Side laterals (3 sets)
Dumbbell rear delt row (3 sets)

Friday triceps/biceps/abs
Lying tricep extension (3 sets)
Dumbbell curls (3 sets)
Decline crunches (3 sets)
Decline reverse crunches (3 sets)
Dumbbell side bends (3 sets)

I saw some improvement, but I do not think I was getting enough sleep, which hampered my growth. I'd like to know what you all think about it because I honestly have been off the health and fitness track for a while. :(

Oh yeah, current stats. 16% BF. I have it down to 16% now, before it was like 16.7% or 16.9% consistently, but I guess cardio helped. I'm a student that probably has an hour max to spare per day. I just have too many classes :(

C00L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
as long as you are eating ennough and sleeping enough it doesnt really matter what split your on (for the most part). thats my own personal belief.

I do a 4 day split, it works best for me. it lets me focus on whatever body part im working to the fullest extent.

for simplicity sake, call your "quad/ham" workout. legs. please.

drop the Db squats, do BB squats.

chest looks good... id do an isolation machine exercise as well if u have access..

for back id add in chinups.

add military press for shoulders, you can also do arnold press in place of the db press.

your bi tri day is horrible. you definetly need more then 1 exercise each.

im personally doing dips/skullcrushers/rope pushdown for tris... bbcurl/cable curl/machine curl for bis.

Do yuou go to a gym?

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey thanks. I'd do BB squats, but I don't have a BB. I do this all in my home with dumbbells and stuff.

i can add chinups, because i found a bar the other day i can install on a door or something.

yeah, i don't know what else too add. i guess i'll look on exrx.net for more db bicep/tricep exercises

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with a reasonable 3-day split, that's three days a week with the weekend off, gives enough time to recover and a day (or two) between workouts meaning you can push pretty hard on training days.

No need for fancy 4-5 day splits in my view unless you're pretty advanced.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
No need for fancy 4-5 day splits in my view unless you're pretty advanced.
Exactly.

A newbie lifter will gain fastest from an entire body workout. Splits come later, and a 2 day split is ample for most people.

I've been training and lifting for years, and I still follow a 2 day split.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by manuva
Exactly.

A newbie lifter will gain fastest from an entire body workout. Splits come later, and a 2 day split is ample for most people.

I've been training and lifting for years, and I still follow a 2 day split.
Aight man. I think I'll go back to my full-body then. Some dude on BB.com told me to go 5-day....I dunno why. :confused:

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Aight man. I think I'll go back to my full-body then. Some dude on BB.com told me to go 5-day....I dunno why. :confused:
because bb.com sucks.