Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Full cream milk

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm drinking a lot of Full Cream milk as part of my nutrition while I'm trying to bulk up. Anyone know how good it's meant to be for mass gains? (i'm training 4x a wk)
Are there meant to be any side effects like acne etc?

Reaction score
Acne and milk has no corellation. Milk is high in protein, although their is a "love it or hate it" attitude among bb'ers. Do a search on milk here for more info. Also, drink skim milk, practically fat free and has just as much protein. Full cream milk is rather fatty.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to drink skimmed milk but someone pretty reputable told me otherwise just last week.

after working out, there is a 36hour window during which your body needs protein. by taking skimmed milk or whey protein, your body absorbs it instantly, which is good immediately after working out, however those meals with fat, e.g. full cream milk are better in the long-term since the fat slows the absorption of the protein.

i'd say milk is all good. no acne related stuff. i'm drinking about 1500-2000 litres a day just now.

obviously don't rely on milk as your main source of protein. you have meats and fish for that. what also helps is nuts. high protein and high fat, hence your body will absorb the protein slower, which is very good for during the night. so whenever i go to bed i eat about 30-50g of peanuts with milk.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you mean full cream milk as in whole milk?

if you do i wouldnt drink whole milk bc is very high in saturated fat and it contributes to high cholesterol. the reason to that is bc most of the saturated fat comes from butterfat.

2% or lower is best....2% means that 45% of the calories comes from fat.....and skim milk is the way to go....it has less calories and more calcium than whole milk....

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys. 250 grams of full cream milk only has 2.2 grams of saturated fat though, that's not much is it?

Here's my current diet anyway - apart from 3 standard meals a day, I also snack on bread with light (low fat) peanut butter in between meals. Immediately after workout I have a protein drink and a light meal (lunch), and also take some glutamine. Before bed I'll take some whey protein as well (64 grams). I don't take protein on my non training days though. Any comments?