Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

From Dud to Stud

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
As a beginner you gotta focus on the big compound movements. Squats, deads, Bench/bench variations, shoulder press, chins and dips should be the core of your program. .
Couldn't agree more.

Take heed to this advice and get started right. Myself, and countless others have wasted precious time trying to run before we learned to walk with the weights.

I promise you if you add a couple hundred lbs to your squat, dead, presses, and rows, you will be running with the big dogs.

Isolations have their place, but until you have built a solid strength base, they will just get in the way of your pursuit towards that.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
K dude... I've been up for over 22 hours and I'm totally jacked up on stimulants and just finished a 2 hour training session so take everything I say with a grain of salt!!! :D

I'm gonna give you the routine I used while I was dancing. I did this routine quite consistently for over 3.5 years and it kept me in decent shape. It was short and sweet, but hit hard.

A couple of concepts before I get into the routine:

1. Intensity: This is perceived exertion... I always trained hard when I was dancing. I only trained maybe 3-4 times a week so I had to make it count. I made sure my pre-WO work up was good so I could get the most out of my time in the gym.

2. Pre-WO nutrition. Assuming you're gonna hard, going to the gym is a bit like going to war. You want your body and mind to be prepared. This is why I was anal about pre-WO nutrition. I recommend appropriate hydration, a multi-vitamin and a B-complex, also take in some whey isolate w/ a small amount of simple carbs. I like pre-WO supps like NO explode. These aren't necessary, but sure make training easier. You can get some pretty good deals on expiring stuff so check around to see what's available.

3. Exercise sequence. I was a big fan of working antagonizing muscle groups alternately. That is I would work something like chest and then switch to back for my next set, and then switch back to chest, etc. I found this worked well so that I could cram in a good amount of volume but still not be tired.

4. I used to train abs every day I did weights. My abs naturally suck, so I had to bring em up with volume. I definitely found the higher volume helped and also transferred to other lifts and stuff in life like sex. Try to minimize the rest between the exercises in the ab circuit.

My ab circuit was:

- reverse crunch 2 x 10 (contract abs HARD!)
- Hanging leg raise 3 x 8 (use a parallel bar dip station)
- Partial crunch on swiss ball: 3 x 10 (contract abs HARD!)
- Bridge 2 x 30-60 seconds.

K... here's a routine I recommend based on what worked for me in the past:

Day 1: Squat/Chin.

- Warm up
- Ab circuit
- Breathing squat: 1 x 20 (this is absolutely NASTY)
- Back Squat: 4 x 6-8
* Alternate each squat set with a set of chin ups (narrow underhand grip)
- chin ups: BW x 8 for 4 sets
- Leg press 3 x 10
* alternate each set with
- Bicep curls 3 x 10
Finish with 3 x 15 of standing calf raises

Day 2: Push/Pull

- Warm up
- Ab circuit
- Superset: Incline dumbell press w/ lateral raises
* Then alternate with:
- Superset: Bent over (haha!) dumbell row w/ posterior raises
So this would look like:

- Super set: incline DB press 6 reps immediately followed by 10 reps lateral raises.
---then--- (take a 1-2 minute break here)
- Super set: bent over DB row immediately followed by 10 reps posterior raises

repeat the above iteration 3-4 times. 6-8 reps on the press and then 10 reps on the raises. I know it looks complicated but its easy once u figure it out.

Shoulder press: 3 x 6-8
alterated with:
Wide grip pull up: 3 x 6-8

Bench press (you can do any variation you want but don't go less than shoulder width grip): 3 x 6-8
alternated with:
parallel grip pull up: 3 x 6-8

Remember for alternates work the push movement, then the pull, then back to the push and so on. Work opposing muscle groups one after the other to maximize the amount of volume you can cram in.

Day 3: Deads/Dips

- warm up
- Ab circuit
- Deads: 4 x 6
alternated w/ Dips: 4 x 6-8
- Hamstring curls (seated): 3 x 10
alternated w/ tricep pushdown: 3 x 10
- Hamstring curls (standing or lying): 3 x 10
alternated w/ Tricep kickback 3 x 10

You can throw in accessory work on any day as you see fit, but make sure to emphasize the big compound movements.

I know its kinda complicated when you first read it, but its pretty easy when you actually do it.

Remember man, diet is EVERYTHING. You won't see the results you want until you put diet, training and proper supplementation together. I've been doing this for over 12 years... hell, I was probably training before you learned how to masturbate! I've wasted YEARS not eating right and training like a dumbass. Don't make the same mistakes as me.

Last edited: