Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Friends Belief's Annoy Me

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to be a very rational person and joke around a lot poking fun at what some of my friends do, ie. believe in Santa Claus or quit eating meat.

But then ANOTHER friend on mine doesn't know how to read jokes or something and basically turns this whole thing into a huge war, insulting me and saying I am the devil and stuff haha. I shoot back with some wise cracks but seriously...they are getting really annoying.

They are my friends sure, because Ive known them for a long ass time, but does that make someone your friend? I feel that my beliefs aren't congruent with theirs and it's really annoying how a lot of them agree with each other on decisions that are, to me and a few other "rational" friends, purely retarded. How would you deal with these people?

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
They are my friends sure, because Ive known them for a long ass time, but does that make someone your friend?
No. Two brothers I knew for about a decade suddenly turned their back on me one night in pursuit of a girl. These were two guys I considered best friends, no, my brothers from another mother. Does seniority make a great employee? Of course not. Longevity is incomparable to utility.

Potbelly said:
How would you deal with these people?
Find a new social group. The only friends you should work to retain are those who would sacrifice their happiness for yours. I have two or three real friendships. Friendships are rare. Those are what are called strong ties. Our network of people we know consists primarily of weak ties. Both are important, but if your weak ties are not providing you any opportunities to expand your network, there's no sense in retaining them when they directly impact your happiness on a day-to-day basis.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
My definition of friend is someone willing to put thier reputation on the line to defend yours. That is a true test of friendship. I've had "friends" with whom I had known for years who turned and tried to AMOG me in front of women and acquaintances of status. Needless to say said "pals" were completely obliterated both in stature and reputation after I was done with them.

I have a very small inner circle and will keep it that way. Much more manageable that way.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This issue seems a lot clearer to me now. I guess they were more acquaintances than friends. It's true. Right now I have no true friends who would give up their rep for me besides family members.

Thanks for your help.