Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fresh Sweat ... Mm, mm, manly!

Rebel Leader

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got this tip from an American who lived in Korea for many years. He noticed the difference between Koreans, Americans, and others when they used group baths.

He said the baths became dirtiest when Americans used them because they're the filthiest people in the world. The difference was how much exfoliation people used. (Exfoliation is getting dead skin cells off your skin.)

Koreans regularly use loofah sponges to scrub their skin clean, while Americans use terry cloths, their hands, or "thingies". Scrubbing with a loofah feels harsh at first, but it's invigorating, and it's healthy for your skin.

One really great aesthetic benefit is that it scrapes off those dead skin cells that have soaked up your old, stale sweat. Stale sweat and dead skin cells are breeding grounds for stinky bacteria. These bacteria are what give sweat its bad name.

Stale sweat is rancid and sour and it makes people gag. Fresh sweat is clean and sexy and it inspires thoughts about your body fluids.

Scrub with a loofah for healthy, clean skin and fresh sweat. Mm, mm, manly!

------------------
Live ... Love ... Laugh

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm not really a sweaty guy, unless I'm doing something strenuous, but if a loofah will make my sweat sexy, then I'm all for it.

Guess I'm off to the loofah store.

NowArriving

Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually won one of these as a gag gift over Christmas. What do you do with it though? Do you use soap? Do you use it dry or only in the shower? Do you use it on the face?

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jahlivez:
wtf is a loofah sponge. and where you get em?
Loofah is a natural vegetable cleansing sponge that exfoliates dead skin cells and improves blood circulation, toning and promotes healthy skin. Loofah revitalizies the skin. Very popular in European spas and Asian Baths, this vegetable sponge is valued as the key to better health. Not tested on animals and environmental friendly.

Buy them at: http://www.kirksnatural.com/htm/loofahsponge.htm for $1.99 each

Rebel Leader

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NowArriving:
What do you do with it though? Do you use soap? Do you use it dry or only in the shower? Do you use it on the face?
I use mine wet in the shower or bath after soaping up. I suppose there are lots of ways to use it, but what I do is lather my skin first, then scrub (energetically, not gingerly) all skin with the loofah, then rinse. I used it on my face the other day, and that worked fine, too, but I would think that shaving would exfoliate your face.

Make sure you rinse it thoroughly after your shower, and towel dry it by squeezing it in your bath towel. That will help it dry faster so it doesn't develop mildew. (Leave it out so it can airdry between uses.) If it gets smelly with mildew, soak it in hydrogen peroxide to kill the mildew.

Wal-Mart also carries loofah sponges in the aisles near bath soap.

Thanks for the info on loofahs, TND. I think all sponges are animals, though, not vegetables.

One nice side-effect is that you might be able to ditch your deodorant soap if you use a loofah. No more rancid smells to cover up with deodorant! Your cologne would have the stage to itself.

------------------
Live ... Love ... Laugh

[This message has been edited by Rebel Leader (edited 02-16-2002).]

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rebel Leader:
Thanks for the info on loofahs, TND. I think all sponges are animals, though, not vegetables.
Take No Dirt is correct on this one. The loofah sponge is made from a vegetable called the loofah gourd, (or Luffa aegyptiaca or Luffa cylindrica) If you want to get real technical. It's an annual vine that's similar to the cucumber plant.

An actual, literal sponge is a type of animal, though, so you're right about that, Rebel Leader and that's probably where the confusion came from.

------------------
CASANOVA

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."
Eric Hoffer

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
Voltaire

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Casanova (edited 02-16-2002).]

Rebel Leader

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova:
The loofah sponge is made from a vegetable called the loofah gourd,
Thanks for the correction, GC!

Apologies for my bad call, Take No Dirt.

[This message has been edited by Rebel Leader (edited 02-16-2002).]

stuartSan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Take No Dirt:
Loofah is a natural vegetable cleansing sponge that exfoliates dead skin cells and improves blood circulation, toning and promotes healthy skin. Loofah revitalizies the skin. Very popular in European spas and Asian Baths, this vegetable sponge is valued as the key to better health. Not tested on animals and environmental friendly.

Buy them at: http://www.kirksnatural.com/htm/loofahsponge.htm for $1.99 each

LOL, didn't know we had salesmen talents. That was a fine sales pitch, TND.

------------------
i'd rather die than give you control

RAFC_19

Don Juan
Reaction score
TND didn't write that, silly. It's from the website he linked to.

RAFC_19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...I was gonna buy one from that site, $1.99 is a good deal for sure, but with shipping it comes to $7.94, so I think I will look at the "offline" store first.

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RAFC_19:
Hmm...I was gonna buy one from that site, $1.99 is a good deal for sure, but with shipping it comes to $7.94, so I think I will look at the "offline" store first.
If you can't find them at Wal-Mart, buy 10 of them online so that the shipping and handling charges won't seem so high in comparison to the cost of the loofah sponges.

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To Ms Rebel Leader:

Kudos to you for posting such a very important thread! We males think that showering twice a day with a body shower gel or a deordorant soap would make our body smell fresh, but we may be emitting body stench nevertheless due to the dead skin cells breeding bacteria. Being that we can't smell our own bodies, we can't tell if we're giving off a repulsive odor. I guess a good indicator is if a gal gives you a funny look when in close proximity to you.

Stench from a DJ is a major turn-off for women and all the expensive male cologne won't completely mask body stench. The loofah sponge along with a good anti-bacterial body shower gel will help to keep the stench under control.

I'm going to Wal-Mart today to seek out the loofah sponges.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Take No Dirt:
If you can't find them at Wal-Mart, buy 10 of them online so that the shipping and handling charges won't seem so high in comparison to the cost of the loofah sponges.

Okay, now THAT'S a salesman talking. lol

------------------
CASANOVA

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."
Eric Hoffer

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
Voltaire

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shower. Rebel Leader. Loofah. Yeah, Baby!

cyclonus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally want my body scrubbed all over with loofah by a gorgeous woman. Kills two birds with one stone.

Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Man........I've been in this forum for nearly three months and I don't even know what a loofah sponge is. Damn it!!!!

indy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone should recommend a loofah forum now.

<grin>

Gr8t Catch

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha this is funny, im korean, i've been using it all my life, i always wondered why non-asian people never used it cuz i dont feel totally clean unless i scrub myself with that sponge thingy....