Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: My worst date in maybe ever?

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had worse dates when I was a complete braindead with women. However this date is the worst I've had since I became some bit alright with women. I'd been doing fairly well over the past few months so it was about time some bad luck came my way.

So I met this girl in a pub / club two weekends ago. She actually started dancing with me on the dance floor. The dancing got fairly dirty but she didn't want to even make out as she was a "good girl" :rolleyes:

I didn't actually have my phone on me so I gave her my number. She texted me that night so I would have hers. Ran a bit of text game and set up a date for last Friday night. All going well so far.

First mistake was getting too fancy. Contrary to what most people here preach, dinner and drinks has been working fairly well for me. I decided to experiment. I took her along to an improv comedy show as a first date.

Got to the place and the improv comedy has been moved to the hard rock cafe due to renovations. Instead of a cosy intimate venue, it's being hosted in a formal function room. No big deal says I. Get to the ticket desk, can't find my ID! Eventually get let in as my date says can't you see how old he is :eek:
The guy at the desk is cracking on to her saying how youthful she looks at the same time!

So again, I brush it off. Get to our table, need to get some alcohol going here to smooth over the awkwardness. Waitress doesn't come over for 20 minutes and actively ignores me twice! Conversation was alright before the show started. However there was little opportunity to talk while the show was on and we didn't know each other near well enough to have that level of silence between us. To me, it just felt awkward. During the show they ran a skit about an IT guy being hopeless with women. Real help guys considering I work in IT :trouble:

The icing on the cake occurred when I ordered a second round of drinks. "Oh I don't want another drink" she says after I tell her. :down: She actually called the waitress back to take back her drink. We're in ultimate disaster zone here.
After the show finishes at NINE:THIRTY, she says she has to leave to attend some friend's leaving drinks. I was actually in awe at how quickly a night can go downhill.

Strangely I've exchanged a few texts with her since the date. The is more down to my desire to be more persistent with women. If I end up going on another date with this girl, I will truly be amazed.

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea you totally blew it... by staying at the table when clearly you could have got up, walked out of the date and the venue, and enjoyed the rest of your night somewhere other than in her b1tchy uninterested and unresponsive presence... why guys are so afraid to get up and walk is beyond me but I've done it and it is extremely effective.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This just goes to prove dinner dates are not working well for you either.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
BeyondCharm said:
why guys are so afraid to get up and walk is beyond me but I've done it and it is extremely effective.
:up: Repped ! Good job to you sir.

I've never been in that sit down type of environment on an initial meet, but if I ever do and I've somehow landed a dead sh!t, you can guarantee I'll be taking a leaf out of your book. How funny would the walk back to your car be? I'd be pissing myself all the way home.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
huh, in the last few months, I've banged two girls on a first date from a dinner date. That's not bad.

BeyondCharm, I hear ya. Would have been the best thing to do. I mean I knew then and there that it was done. I knew another guy at the comedy club but still I shouldn't have let that affect me. I've been used to dates going pretty well so this was the first bad one for a while. Took me a bit off guard.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vorbis said:
huh, in the last few months, I've banged two girls on a first date from a dinner date. That's not bad.
but it starts a precident where you wine and dine these women...rather than a really cheap/free date where they just want to spend time with you....?
(which is your choice, and fine for nothing serious, but the latter is preferable for anything serious)

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've made a general rule of my own to NEVER, EVER start a dating process with a woman in which there is a table or booth involved.

My first date will NEVER be at a restaurant/movie/comedy show/etc.

Simply because something like a movie or comedy show, robs of you being able to get to know each other. I avoid restaurants for dinner because as someone else said: It sets a precedent.

Also, tables and booths rob you of the one thing you should be actively doing...KINO. It's much harder to come through with kino when you two are sitting across each other at a booth or at a table.

Yes, you've banged two, but I guarantee that would have been much easier had you two been standing near the bar or on stools where you could be closer, use kino, and be a little more active than waiting for food/watching a movie/watching a show.

BTW, maybe a word of encouragement for you.
I had a REALLY bad first date back in January and I did what BeyondCharm had mentioned: I cut it short and walked out.

Guess what... I'm on date #7 with that girl and things are much different than that first date... MUCH, MUCH different. So don't ever be afraid to walk out on her either if stuff like that begins to happen. It'll definitely let her know you aren't willing to put up with crap like that.