Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: I "approached" a girl

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey what's up... I want to thank all of you for having this site, and all the advanced contributors who stick around to shoot the s*** and share what they have learned through experience. I have been here for about a year, and my progress has been slow.

Last week, I achieved a major milestone. I actually initiated conversation with a girl, cold. For a lot of people that wouldn't be a big deal, but for me it is. I think of myself as a guy who girls would potentially be interested in, because I'm smart and decent looking. But none of it means anything because I'm socially isolated, and not outgoing. If I were either a) outgoing, or b) already had a social circle set up so that I could work through those channels, then I could take advantage of what I have.

So anyway, there was this girl in my class of 400 people. She's probably about 20 and I'm 32. She was checkin me out, and I think talking to her friend about me. She would look back a few rows at me, or look sideways at me when we're walking out of class. This happens to me all the time but I never follow up on it. In every class there's at least one or two girls that kind of give me signals, and I've always felt like such a chump for not following up on it. Due to the grace of this site, I've finally got to the point where I have enough confidence to follow up on it. (I've also done this back in 2002 and back in high school, but I had lost the confidence to do it for various reasons.)

So I walked in one day and I sat one seat away from her. She looked at me. I acted nonchalant. Then we had some major eye contact during class. So it got to the point where it was obvious. So when class was over, we were both sitting there, and I said, "this class was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be." I didn't do any lame s*** like say, hi, how are you? I made what I thought was a pretty natural comment. Then she said, "Yeah I know, I actually have to study for this class." So we talked a little about the class, and then I just left. I could have asked her if she wanted to form a study group with her and her friend, but I didn't want to be outcome-dependent.

Now I have been sitting in a totally different part of the class for the last few days, because I didn't feel like talking to her and I didn't want to make it awkward. The next test is already tomorrow. I didn't want to rush it. But I think I should ask her to form a study group pretty soon. Is it weird if I only sit by her once a week in a class that meets every day? What should I do next?

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know who I form study groups with? People I feel will be useful as study partners.

You serious? you like this girl, you have every reason to think she likes you (and she probably does), and you are going to propose a study group? Is that what you want? No, you want to get to know her in a private setting, spend some time with her, kiss her, sleep with her etc etc.

I understand that you are nervous about this, and well done for starting up the conversation, I know how hard it is, I've been there myself.

But, you are MASSIVELY over thinking things here. Next time you see her, start up another natural conversation about whatever, after a minute or so, break it off with-

I like one of David D's lines (I think it is his)
"hey I gotta run but its been fun chatting, how could we continue this conversation sometime?"

She will probably offer her number/email.

Accept that at some point, you are going to have to put your ego on the line and take a risk. I know its hard, believe me Im crap at it as well, but Ive realised its the only way.

EDITED to highlight- NEXT TIME, as in, dont delay, do this as soon as the opportunity arises.

best of luck, let us know how it goes.

Cure.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omkara said:
Now I have been sitting in a totally different part of the class for the last few days, because I didn't feel like talking to her and I didn't want to make it awkward. The next test is already tomorrow. I didn't want to rush it. But I think I should ask her to form a study group pretty soon. Is it weird if I only sit by her once a week in a class that meets every day? What should I do next?
man congrats on the approach but you have the complete wrong mindset! why are you avoiding her??? she's going to think you think she's crazy or something. you're supposed to build rapport after the approach not destroy it lol.