Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: Approached a girl today at lunch.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm walking around lunch looking for girls to approach and I'm almost giving up all hope of approaching any girls, because they're all with guys or something. But then I see this one girl alone looking at a poster and I talk to her. Here's how it went:
Me: Hey, do you cook?
Her: I'm sorry, what did you say?
Me: Oh I asked if you cooked.
Her: No.
Me: So say me and you got married one day and I asked you to cook for me, you wouldn't be able to do?
Her: No, I'm sorry.
Me: Sorry? What are you apologizing for?
Her: I don't know.
Me: So yeah, I could see it now me and you get married, have our honey moon together, then the next day when we're at home, and I ask you to cook me breakfast you wouldn't be able to do it. So because of that, we get divorced and I would take all the money.
Her: I'll learn.
Me: Yeah, maybe you should take some classes.
Her: Yeah.
Her: Are you thinking about taking any classes?
Her: Yeah, my grandmother actually cooks.
[Bell rings]
Her: Well I have to go to class.
[At this point we're walking in the hallways]
Me: Really, which class do you have next?
Her: Math.
Me: Oh, I have Geometry, yeah, that's a pretty boring class.
Her: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Me: I notice you apologize a lot.
Her: I know.
Me: I mean, it's alright, you don't have to apologize all the time.
Me: So what are you doing this summer?
Her: Oh, I'll be around.
Me: Yeah, I'm thinking about going to Geauga Lake, I have a friend named David who works there and I can get discounts from him.
Her: Oh, that's really cool.
Me: Yeah.
Me: So I'll see you later.
I guess that was a pretty good approach. A few times, about 4 times I think, I kinoed her. When we were walking down the hallway, I started kinoing a lot. She also smiled a few times.

EdHunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad your approaching, but this ain't one of your better ones...can I give some advice?

If you're going to use the cooking opening, try to put it in context with the fact that it's lunchtime...that way, the whole routine will seem much more normal, than if you're just walking up to a girl and asking her if she cooks.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't really say it was all that bad. Besides opener really doesn't matter much and after all she was kind of smiling.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wanted you to go away. The marriage thing works better if you two have established rapport...the way you did it...not good. Go to bristollair.com and ready articles about social psych, and everything else there...cause like i said before, youre on the brink of being a social retard.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really or she would've just walked away. And establishing rapport first is a bad... thing. I've never established rapport first in any of my good approachse where I actually got the chick interested. And every time I try to establish rapport first, the girl never shows any interest. Add to the fact that she WAS smiling and really wasn't showing any signs of "Can you go please?". I think if she wanted me to go away she would've just cut in to my story and said "Well, okay, I have to go" or something. I think saying that she wanted me to go away is wrong. If she was truly uninterested she would've cut me off earlier in the approach.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really shouldn't have used that in detail marriage scenario at that point. You can use a marriage joke after you both have gotten settled into your brief conversation.

You could have opened up with making a sarcastic but funny comment on the poster she was looking at. If the poster is a good looking poster, say how ugly it is, if it is ugly, say how much of a work of art it is. If you use the right tone it will come off as witty and funny.

Use the environment to steer your ice breaker. If you are at a gym, she is likely to be working out and you can make a joke about her working out, if you are at an ice cream parlor you can make a humorous suggestion about the ice cream. Use the environment, always scope out the area before you look for women to approach.

Last edited:

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to weird her out dude...you asked the most random question of a stranger, mentioned you and her getting married without even knowing her goddamn name, and followed her to class after she clearly didn't want you to ("I have to go to class"). Why didn't you listen to the advice in the other thread.

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, remember what I said about smoother transitioning.

Was she shy? She seemed like a shy girl trying to get rid of you, she didn't have the balls to walk off, she constantly apologizes, you have to deal with LSE girls differently than HSE.

The "Can you cook?" thing was weird, remember that you need a reason to speak to her, even if it's a lame one:

Lust: Holy Christ I'm hungry! You cook?
Her: Ha, no not really!
Lust: That's a shame, you're real pretty, too bad you can't cook!
Her: Ha blah blah.
Lust: Well if you don't cook, what do you do? Sports? Music? You're not boring are you?

You see how i rooted the opener without even using the word "Because".

Rooting openers can be done a number of ways, be savvy and figure out some good ones.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
Way to weird her out dude...you asked the most random question of a stranger, mentioned you and her getting married without even knowing her goddamn name, and followed her to class after she clearly didn't want you to ("I have to go to class"). Why didn't you listen to the advice in the other thread.
Uh, maybe it's because the bell rang and she had to go to class? Think about it. And I've gone up to girls with random sh*t before and gotten them interested.

Dude, remember what I said about smoother transitioning.

Was she shy? She seemed like a shy girl trying to get rid of you, she didn't have the balls to walk off, she constantly apologizes, you have to deal with LSE girls differently than HSE.

The "Can you cook?" thing was weird, remember that you need a reason to speak to her, even if it's a lame one:

Lust: Holy Christ I'm hungry! You cook?
Her: Ha, no not really!
Lust: That's a shame, you're real pretty, too bad you can't cook!
Her: Ha blah blah.
Lust: Well if you don't cook, what do you do? Sports? Music? You're not boring are you?

You see how i rooted the opener without even using the word "Because".

Rooting openers can be done a number of ways, be savvy and figure out some good ones.
The thing is opener and words really aren't that important. I opened to girls talking about how I saw Jesus at a track meet and cold reading them before and I got them interested, I've opened to girls with "Hey, how's it going?" and gotten them interested. All that "What do you do? Sports? Music?" stuff is trying for rapport way too early and from my experiences if you try that before you get her interested she'll give you that boring one sentence bullsh*t.

Gotten her interested:
Me: So do you play any instruments?
Her: Oh, I play the flute, it's actually really fun. Do you play any instruments?

Not interested, opening with rapport:
Me: So do you play any instruments?

Last edited:

Honiahaka

Reaction score
She did'nt really seem that interested talking. Also around where you started to talk about the summer it seemed that her interest dropped almost completely, but that's what i think.

EdHunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi...I stand by what I said. I don't think that the way he used the routine was the most effective, because frankly, it sounds really creepy to do that without any context. I agree that opening with random **** can, does, and will work, but I don't think this was the best opening.

Man Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you always come here asking for advice if you just refute anything anyone says to you?

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you always come here asking for advice if you just refute anything anyone says to you?
I have a reason for refuting basically. Had I not had a reason, I would not refute. Seriously though most people here are basically saying words do matter when really that's not the case. It's the subconscious level that really matters. Geeky guy goes up to a girl and says a great opener, he's not going to get the chick, because he's not conveying it right. Guy with game goes up to a chick and uses a terrible opener, but conveys it right and gets the chick. And that's what I think my problem is, conveying.

superchill89 said:
yeah... she didn't seem interested... but good attempt
just keep trying. you're getting better every time.
I know she wasn't interested.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Uh, maybe it's because the bell rang and she had to go to class? Think about it. And I've gone up to girls with random sh*t before and gotten them interested.

If she was interested in you, she probably would've hung around after the bell rang for a little while. Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean, but I can't even believe you would talk to a girl about marraige (even in a joking manner) within the first 30 seconds of meeting her. Thats like the number 1 way to scare a chick away on a long list of ways to scare a chick away.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look I know she's not interested man. But I've gone up to girls with that type of stuff before and it has worked. Words aren't honestly what matters. If words mattered, pick up lines might work.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Look I know she's not interested man. But I've gone up to girls with that type of stuff before and it has worked. Words aren't honestly what matters. If words mattered, pick up lines might work.

Ok I believe you. You can use all the random openers you want, just promise me you'll never use an opener that involves marraige again man. Will you do that for me? I want to see you succeed.

Man Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Conveying is a lot easier when you don't have a crappy opener, however.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
Ok I believe you. You can use all the random openers you want, just promise me you'll never use an opener that involves marraige again man. Will you do that for me? I want to see you succeed.
Don't have to believe me, you can just look at my past FR's. I came up to a group of 2 girls with "I can see you as the type of girl who would go one of those high rides you know, and then when get to the top you would throw up on me, what a pig" and they were laughing at it, it was my own game that killed that set. I also used that on another girl and she took me and introduced me to her friends, again, I had that set and then killed it because of my game(Let's just say - she threw a sh*t test, I failed it, and it was all over).