Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: A Date Gone Bad

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey. I've been inactive for a little while, and everything was going well. I recently broke up with my gf - it was long overdue, and I've moved on. I had a date on Saturday and somehow, I ****ed it up.

A little background. She's in one of my classes at University. I met her during class, and we began to talk about the class since I knew the subject very well - she didn't understand a certain concept. We hung out at a coffee shop until I had to go to class.

All of a sudden. My "DJ" mentality went out the drain when I was with her then, and on the date. I wasn't how I normally would act. I wasn't myself. I was intimidated - anyone would be. She's incredibly gorgeous, intelligent, and funny. And, she's from Europe... with a hell of a sexy accent. :p

We had breakfast together one day after class since I was hungry and this is when I asked her out. I literally asked if she would want to go to the movies and have lunch.

I cooked lunch, and we went to the movies. I couldn't read her, and the entire date I was trying to as opposed to merely having a good time. I bet I was probably a little awkward too. I was so ****ing distracted, you know? I'm honestly trying to come up with reasons where I've gone wrong, but I can't come up with anything solid. I only know I was a little too quiet (quieter than normal) and I could have let myself be a little more loose. I was way too nervous. This was my first date that I ever had. The girls I've been with in the past I met them first and I got to know them before going on a date.

With this girl, she was basically unknown.

I dropped her off at the dorms. I went home. No kissing. No holding hands. She didn't seem to want it from what I gathered while being on the date.

I came back a few minutes later and asked her to come downstairs. I tried to go for a kiss to show her i was assertive. I wanted her to know I was into her, and not a pvssy. She cheeked me, and asked what was I doing. I told her I liked her. To which she replied, "How, after the first day?"

In class the next day, she talked to me but she left after that. I was waiting for her to ask me if I wanted to go for coffee. It was her move. She didn't make it.

I have no problem to take it slow and to get to know her, but I don't know if she even likes me. I don't just want to move on, I want to fix this mess. I know if I get another date with her I'd be much better. Who wouldn't be nervous on their first time?

I was thinking of telling her that to explain the potential awkwardness from the first date. Can you guys give me your advice from your experiences?

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way for me to cope going out to coffee or w.e with people I dont know is just go to into it with the mentality "Im not really expecting anything but Ill be myself and if she likes me then thats good if not then whatever".You had the mentality that she was the prize instead of yourself which made you nervous it seems.I mean I went on like a double date kind of thing with my friend and these two girls which he hadnt met either.One of them was very hot for a brown girl and was like the slutty type of girls and I was kind of intimidated but then I just said to myself that like I wasnt expecting anything special or whatever and got another piece of mentality in my head "Dont treat a little coffee date like your gonna get married" and I ended up being as goofy as I usually am and got labelled a "funny guy" which makes you feel good inside.Yeah my example is a bit diff from yours but hopefully it might help you next time.

Don't tell her why you acted that way.If she asks you about it,make something up.Id say forget about her for a while

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I wouldn't worry to much. The cheek thing is never good but it could just mean she isn't feeling you YET and is waiting to or that she has strict kissing rules on the first date (seriously doubt this one, though).

Ok, don't explain ANYTHING! You will kill it right there. Don't get all wussy on her. Play it off and focus on your next meeting on how to be more loose. Take her to a bar and have some drinks man...yall are in college for christ sakes. Whatever it takes to loosen up and show her the fun side of yourself do it and have no regrets or else you'll continue to be a monotone robot with this girl.

Also, write her off in your mind as a potential GF. Think to yourself, I don't want a GF period. You can't go in to a situation like this expecting a GF out of it. Now go get dunk with her and take her dancing after that and see what happens. Girls don't want a guy who plays it safe all of the time which is CLEARLY your problem.

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
True. Good point, and don't worry. I won't. I'll leave the past to the past. She emailed me back though - flirting a little.. she was saying how she can't meet today cause she got out of class too late, but she wants my recipe. So I was like maybe next time.

So now the door is wide open. I got this! I'll prob. go party with her this weekend or something... we'll have fun. I'm not that nervous anymore after the **** that I pulled, haha. The worst is behind me. :)