Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: 4 approaches at school today.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today at school I made 4 approaches one of these being a group approach. Here's how it went:
Approach #1
So I go up to this one girl who's eating lunch and say...
Me: I got to tell you this funny story.
[She makes eye contact with me]
Me: I was at a track meet this one time and I saw Jesus.
[Somewhere along her friend comes along]
Her friend: Can I sit here?
Me: Sure, I was just talking about the time I saw Jesus.
[After that I continue]
Me: So as I was saying, there was this dude at the track meet who looked just like him. I mean have you ever seen those portraits of Jesus where he has the long hair? His hair was just like that.
Her: That's interesting.
Me: I like music. What music do you listen to?
Her: Uh... I don't know... uh... sixties music.
Me: Yeah, the sixties rocked! I'm really into Led Zeppelin, have you ever heard of them?
Her: Yeah, they're cool.
Me: Well, I have to go chill with my friends right now, so I'll see you later.
Her: Bye.
Not a very successful approach here.

Approach #2
It's the third lunch period and I go outside and approach this group of chicks that is sitting down. Took me a while to gain the balls to do it, but I did it. So heres how the approach went:
[I sit down]
Me: Hey! I have to tell you guys a funny story I have to tell you. So I was at this track meet at [Schoolname] and I saw Jesus. So me and my friends are at [Schoolname]...
Girl 3: For the track meet?
Me: Yes and we see this guy that looks just like Jesus. Like have you ever seen those portraits of Jesus where he has that REALLY long hair? That's what this dude looked like. I mean this dude seriously looked just like Jesus, he even had a simular looking body...
Girl 3: Was he skinny and muscular?
Me: Yes. But yeah, this guy seriously looked like Jesus. Me and my friends, one of them who was Allen, were cracking up and everyone was yelling "Hey Jesus!" from the stands.
Girl 2: Yeah. It's funny.
Me: I know.
Girl 2: So do you know my name?
Me: No.
Girl 2: Oh, I'm Taylor.
[Give Girl 3 eye contact]
Girl 3: I'm Hallie.
Girl 1: I'm Brooke.
Girl 2: What's your name?
Me: Oh, I'm Mike. You might now me, I play guitar. Yeah, I'm going to be a rockstar when I'm older. So maybe if I see you guys when I'm older, I'll give you an autograph or something. Same goes for your friends.
[Girls laugh]
Girl 3: So why are you all dressed up?
Me: Oh, I do this vocational program at Excel Tecc. Yeah, I program there.
Girl 3: Oh.
Me: So what classes do you guys have?
[Girl 2 and 3 say their classes]
Girl 3: Brooke what classes do you have?
Girl 1(quietly): I have all really boring classes.
Me: Wait? What did you say I couldn't hear you?
Girl 1: Oh I said I have all really boring classes.
Me: So what do you have next?
Girl 2: Chemistry, it's a really boring class.
[Then we get into a talk about how our classes are boring and stuff]
Me: Yeah, the only really fun class I have is band. I play Alto Saxophone in it.
Girl 3: So are you like really talented at it?
Me: Yeah, I'm one of the best there is.
Me: Say, do you ever go to the football games?
Girl 3: Yeah, all the time.
Me: Well tell you what, next year if you see me marching, I want you to scream "Yeah Mike!" really loud so that I can hear you.
Girl 2: Yeah, we'll cheer for you.
[Then the girls realize it's time to go]
Girl 2: Well it was nice meeting you.
Me: [I kind of tap her shoulder and say]Yeah, it was nice meeting you to.
Very successful approach here. The girls were very interested.

Approach #3
So I'm on the bus and I talk to this one girl.
Me: Hey, can I sit with you?
Girl: Well... uh... no there wouldn't be enough space for you to sit.
[Then I start telling the whole Jesus story yada yada]
Me: So what classes do you take?
[Girl kind of just list her classes]
Me: Yeah, I take band. Say do you ever go to the football games?
Girl: Yeah.
Me: Well tell you what, next time you go to a football game, if you see me I want you to yell "Hey Mike!" really loud like.
Girl: Okay.
Me: So what's your name?
Girl: Athena.
Me: Oh that's a greek name right?
Girl: Yeah.
Yep, this one pretty much sucked. Girl didn't show much interest.

Approach #4
Approached this one middle school girl on the bus, I had to rush this one because the bus was almost at my house.
[I tap her on the shoulder]
Me: So I have to tell you this funny story. So in my vocational class we have this guy named Lamar and he couldn't get his computer to boot. So our teacher tells Lamar to try and type in "password" for the password. So our teachers all like "I don't know what's wrong with it". So some while later Lamar types in password with a capital "P" instead of a lowercase "p" and it worked.
This one sucked, I was rushing to finish my story so that didn't turn out well, and THEN after that when I'm getting off driver reminds me I left my bags. So he basically stays at my driveway until I get my stuff. Girl didn't even have time to say anything.

Last edited:

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
class...computer...teacher...password...lowercase/uppercase

um do these things excite you?? or bore you?? tough love i no but you gotta be cruel to be kind ;)

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just so suave said:
class...computer...teacher...password...lowercase/uppercase

um do these things excite you?? or bore you?? tough love i no but you gotta be cruel to be kind ;)
That's not relavent. It's a story. Do I like those things? Of course, why would I sign for a computer class if I didn't like computers? Think about it.

EdHunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your second approach was, in my opinion, pretty good...certainly it's your best yet. My one question is, why'd you change the story in your set for the final approach (which was, in my opinion, an illfated one anyway).

The Jesus story is, I think, pretty funny, but the password one, to be frank, is pretty boring, although it is good that you're mixing it up...

And, although any approach is a good approach (in terms of getting experience), why bother w/ middle school girls? Granted, people around our age are rarely mature, but middle school girls are the worst.

Brian McGee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you listen to what I told you in your other thread? The way you told that Jesus story got a fairly mild reaction from the girls and set the tone for the rest of the conversation, whereas if you just changed it a bit like I said the reactions could have been much better.

You go into the conversations with the purpose of telling that story, and as such it sounds like your reading off a script. Just let it flow, you don't have to tell that story everytime. I think you're struggling with opening the conversation, and mainly because you're thinking about it too much because this site is telling you don't say this and don't say that unless you wanna be AFC.

The opening can be so simple and should just pop into your head the second you see the girl - it doesn't have to be something that blows her away!! If the conversation flows you'll have more than enough chance to make her laugh etc etc.

This is the plainest, dumbest opening I can think of and it still works better than your scripted opening:

You: Hey! Your that girl that goes to this school!
Her: Uhh yeah
You: What's your name?
Her: Lisa
You: I'm Mike. Have you ever had Ms. Wharton as a teacher?
Her: Yeah, she's a bytch
You: Yeah well did you hear about her lesbian affair with Ms. Jones?

Bla bla bla

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brian McGee said:
Did you listen to what I told you in your other thread? The way you told that Jesus story got a fairly mild reaction from the girls and set the tone for the rest of the conversation, whereas if you just changed it a bit like I said the reactions could have been much better.

You go into the conversations with the purpose of telling that story, and as such it sounds like your reading off a script. Just let it flow, you don't have to tell that story everytime. I think you're struggling with opening the conversation, and mainly because you're thinking about it too much because this site is telling you don't say this and don't say that unless you wanna be AFC.

The opening can be so simple and should just pop into your head the second you see the girl - it doesn't have to be something that blows her away!! If the conversation flows you'll have more than enough chance to make her laugh etc etc.

This is the plainest, dumbest opening I can think of and it still works better than your scripted opening:

You: Hey! Your that girl that goes to this school!
Her: Uhh yeah
You: What's your name?
Her: Lisa
You: I'm Mike. Have you ever had Ms. Wharton as a teacher?
Her: Yeah, she's a bytch
You: Yeah well did you hear about her lesbian affair with Ms. Jones?

Bla bla bla
But the thing is, words only mean so much. Did you read the second set? I told the Jesus story to the girls and one of them even replied that it was funny. Not only that, but the girls started showing interest, asking me questions and whatnot. Also, being reactive is not a good thing when it comes to attracting girls, you shouldn't be telling a story looking for a reaction. I don't tell the Jesus story looking for a reaction, I tell it to convey personality. Sure I could change it up and make it funnier, but that wouldn't really change it much because it's all in the way it's conveyed. Say it's funnier, but a total AFC who's shy goes up and says it to a chick, it's not going to work. But say a confident alpha male like guy comes up to a chick and says it, it's going to work. Point is, the actual words don't mean much, how you communicate subconsciously is what really matters. A guy on AIM who goes here and is experienced with women told me that you could have the most boring story ever, and still get the girl to laugh if you convey it right.

Brian McGee

Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
But the thing is, words only mean so much. Did you read the second set? I told the Jesus story to the girls and one of them even replied that it was funny. Not only that, but the girls started showing interest, asking me questions and whatnot. Also, being reactive is not a good thing when it comes to attracting girls, you shouldn't be telling a story looking for a reaction. I don't tell the Jesus story looking for a reaction, I tell it to convey personality. Sure I could change it up and make it funnier, but that wouldn't really change it much because it's all in the way it's conveyed. Say it's funnier, but a total AFC who's shy goes up and says it to a chick, it's not going to work. But say a confident alpha male like guy comes up to a chick and says it, it's going to work. Point is, the actual words don't mean much, how you communicate subconsciously is what really matters. A guy on AIM who goes here and is experienced with women told me that you could have the most boring story ever, and still get the girl to laugh if you convey it right.
That's exactly right. And judging from your post and their reactions throughout the convos, it didn't look like you conveyed too much Alphaness. You don't sound natural when you say it because it's a script. Scripts don't convey your personality, natural conversation does.

I think you'd progress much better if you didn't plan on how to open it.

eko

Don Juan
Reaction score
that jesus story sucked. everyone's seen jesus at track meets. just like any kid with long hair.

hey look he has long hair... must be jesus.

but there is this girl in my school and her last name is christ. so shes basically jesus

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try to open with a story, the whole routine is too long. Your sets will have a very short attention span during the initial stages of the interaction, and you have no value yet, they don't see you as the prize yet, so they will not pay attention to you. Start off with something shorter, that converys personality and demonstrates high value.

A comedian opens his routines with somethig short, a small joke that will get the crowd laughing, then he slowly moves to larger and larger ones. That's what you must do. Don't barge in and try to tell them a story, remember you aren't rooting it, you have no reason to tell them this story, you are just doing it out of nowhere, they'll think your weird.

The Jesus story needs to be brushed up, I don't see how it conveys personality like you have been saying, it's really quite plain. Anyone can laugh at a guy with long hair and call him Jesus.

The password story is killing you. Holy christ, forget about that right now. It's cutting you at your fvcking knees, leave that routine out of it.

I'm glad you have taken into account of what I had said before about DHVing, and using your involvement with music to DHV you. You see how after taking that particular advice, and used it, you actually got some laughs and IOIs.

Try and figure out other things you can DHV with. But one thing you, you go from the Jesus story to "I like music". That's just weird, I know you are trying to make statements instead of asking questions, but it needs to be more natural.

For instance, I'll rock around the school halls, jump around and head bang, I'll look at the hottest chick around directly in the eye and say "Don't you love it when you have a song stuck in your head, that you actually like?!". Then I'll go DHV by saying I play the guitar and the Ukulele and if she wants to pay me I'll be her minstrel for a day. 25 bucks plus tip.

You see? Make her laugh, smoother transitioning, once you get all the basics flowing as one, you will improve dramatically.

Have you been making approaches on the street too? In the mall and stuff? You are bound to run out of girls soon at school, and it may give you negative social proof if the majority of your sets don't go too well, or if they find out you keep using the same lines and the same stories to everyone.

Themanthatcan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your not trying out for a play. You're talking to women.

Scripts will only get you so far.

Try opening a conversation by using something in the environment or something she is wearing.

And yeah, you want to convey personality. But not a BORING personality.
Have some fun. Accuse her of something. Tease her. Keep it up though.

As long as your out there trying- Awesome.

(More than I can say for most guys)

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At a shop, shopping for some cool ass clothes. It's empty apart from me and HBblonde, bout 7.5, who is giving it some serious proximity alert system. For instance, I'll stand looking at jumpers, she'll come and start straightening the next line of clothes, this happened 3/4 times before I couldn't contain myself.

Wes: Hey, which looks better? *picking up two random shirts, blue and black*
HB blonde: *smile* Uummm....blue.
Wes: Hmm, I'll take the black. *joking* Seriously, you bored? You've been tidying tidy clothes for the past 10 minutes.
Hb: Yeah.....it's a slow day.
Wes: Well, I'll stay and liven things up for a bit, but I have to be somewhere soon.
Hb: *laughs* Thanks It's just....
Wes: *Cut her off, with kino* What the hell is this music? (sounded like abba crossed with grease soundtrack) Sounds like a kids party
Hb: Lmao. I don't know we just get sent them. A lad here reckons it sounds like Grease.
Wes: Oh god, don't talk to me about that film. When you've grown up with sisters and all they want to do is play "Grease" or "Mary Poppins" constantly, you want to cry everytime you hear a song from them. *Started singing a lil' "A spoon full of sugar, and dancing like a nut*
Hb: LMAO. Some **** about musicals......
Wes: Yeah, I used to have to smoke 20 cigars and drink beer from the barrel just to get my macho levels back to normal. I was 11.
Hb: LMAO.
Wes: Yeah....you wouldn't know it looking at me now, but I was a fruit when I was younger. My sisters used to **** with my style. I was the only guy in year 8 with wrangler jeans and Jellies!!(said like a stereotypical gay) I got a new denim jacket and they bedazzled it and ****. Put unicorns on it..... *kino* (Credit: Dane Cook)
HB: *At this point, she's almost wetting herself with laughter* Some inane **** about having brothers.......
Wes: Uh huh. Whats your name by the way? I'm Wes.
Hb: Sarah.You should come here every time I work.
Wes: Woah woah woah.....You're not my girlfriend yet! I hate to dissapoint you, but I've never kissed a girl. I wouldn't know what to do with you.
Hb: Oh no no no, I wasn't coming onto you. It's just boring here.
Wes: *Rolls eyes* Sure you wern't. Fine, as you're so demanding, you can be my River Island girlfriend.
Hb: Girlfriend?
Wes: Jesus.....so demanding, fine. Wife. *put arm round her*...I come in here for a shirt....I get a wife....I'll introduce you to the parents later. Just don't be asking me for kids....
Hb: *laughing again* This is the best thing thats ever happend to me here
Wes: Wow. I love you. (Credit: Tyler Durden)....Wow. I gotta go. Give me your number. We'll go do husband and wifey crap.
Hb: *number*
Thats an approach I did last year, that I consider to be one of my best. Learn from it, look how I open with an observational comment, then move into stories.

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Thats an approach I did last year, that I consider to be one of my best. Learn from it, look how I open with an observational comment, then move into stories.
Hehe, nice.

The roll playing you did was awesome, and you anchored a fun and exciting emotion, you rescued her from a day of bore, and every time you mention the word "Wife", or roll play again, she'll remember the emotions she had.

That's some awesome routine, I'm stealing it.

*Bows politely*

WesCottII said:
Hb: Oh no no no, I wasn't coming onto you. It's just boring here.
Wes: *Rolls eyes* Sure you wern't. Fine, as you're so demanding, you can be my River Island girlfriend.
Hb: Girlfriend?
Wes: Jesus.....so demanding, fine. Wife. *put arm round her*...I come in here for a shirt....I get a wife....I'll introduce you to the parents later. Just don't be asking me for kids....
Nice.

ElStud, you see how he conveys a fun personality? Instead of some boring computer-password story?

Haboob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the jesus story seem pathetic? I mean 2 thumbs up for actually aproaching, but all your saying is "I seen a guy that looked like jesus"? Dude, that doesn't sound funny, or even interesing, at all! But the group of girls actually found it funny...? Whatever works.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try to open with a story, the whole routine is too long. Your sets will have a very short attention span during the initial stages of the interaction, and you have no value yet, they don't see you as the prize yet, so they will not pay attention to you. Start off with something shorter, that converys personality and demonstrates high value.

A comedian opens his routines with somethig short, a small joke that will get the crowd laughing, then he slowly moves to larger and larger ones. That's what you must do. Don't barge in and try to tell them a story, remember you aren't rooting it, you have no reason to tell them this story, you are just doing it out of nowhere, they'll think your weird.

The Jesus story needs to be brushed up, I don't see how it conveys personality like you have been saying, it's really quite plain. Anyone can laugh at a guy with long hair and call him Jesus.

The password story is killing you. Holy christ, forget about that right now. It's cutting you at your fvcking knees, leave that routine out of it.

I'm glad you have taken into account of what I had said before about DHVing, and using your involvement with music to DHV you. You see how after taking that particular advice, and used it, you actually got some laughs and IOIs.

Try and figure out other things you can DHV with. But one thing you, you go from the Jesus story to "I like music". That's just weird, I know you are trying to make statements instead of asking questions, but it needs to be more natural.

For instance, I'll rock around the school halls, jump around and head bang, I'll look at the hottest chick around directly in the eye and say "Don't you love it when you have a song stuck in your head, that you actually like?!". Then I'll go DHV by saying I play the guitar and the Ukulele and if she wants to pay me I'll be her minstrel for a day. 25 bucks plus tip.

You see? Make her laugh, smoother transitioning, once you get all the basics flowing as one, you will improve dramatically.

Have you been making approaches on the street too? In the mall and stuff? You are bound to run out of girls soon at school, and it may give you negative social proof if the majority of your sets don't go too well, or if they find out you keep using the same lines and the same stories to everyone.
Alright that's good advice, I could start out DHVing, doing something like this.
Me: Hey, do you do any sports?
Her: No.
Me: Yeah, I'm a trackstar, tell you what, if you ever come to any of our meets and you see me running. I want you to shout "Yeah. go Mike!" really loud so that I can hear you over the stands.
Haboob said:
Is it just me or does the jesus story seem pathetic? I mean 2 thumbs up for actually aproaching, but all your saying is "I seen a guy that looked like jesus"? Dude, that doesn't sound funny, or even interesing, at all! But the group of girls actually found it funny...? Whatever works.
You know why they found it funny? The way I conveyed it.