Found out I've got HPV: Guess what, you probably do too

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I had a wart removed recently. The doc called to confirm it was an HPV strain. Didn't really feel like chatting about it, so I looked up some basic info

"Most men who get HPV (of any type) never develop any symptoms or health problems. But some types of HPV can cause genital warts. Other types can cause penile cancer or anal cancer. The types of HPV that can cause genital warts are not the same as the types that can cause penile or anal cancer"

Well, that's good news. Even better news, if I found out I am far from alone

"Most sexually active adults will have HPV at some time in their lives."
http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv-and-men.htm

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What this means is that a lot of people still neglect condom use when they think they are at low risk, while in fact, the majority of the population is infected with an STD they do not know about because they don't have any symptoms.

In other words. To be safe, you will have to use condoms for the rest of your life.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, and don't believe all the hype and fear mongering. HPV won't kill you. Herpies won't kill you.

It's HIV that can kill you.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
What this means is that a lot of people still neglect condom use when they think they are at low risk, while in fact, the majority of the population is infected with an STD they do not know about because they don't have any symptoms.

In other words. To be safe, you will have to use condoms for the rest of your life.
Condoms don't protect you from HPV.

pipe007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had wart 3 years ago, but it fell off by itself after 2 weeks.... the only thing i felt back than is that the wart used to itch....

anyway, i havent had any symptoms since then.... luckily,

yea, most males have HPV, and they will never know it, its a very common STD.

oh, and I did use a condom every time I had sex with my EX, and it didn't protect me from getting it. It grew on the side, not in the shaft or head of the penis.

I broke up with her because of this.... I also got tested with Herpes and it came out negative, she got it positive,,, I had to run.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've got genital warts, but so far only one wart was ever present and I had it removed without even local anthesia. I wonder which of us has the type that causes penile cancer lol I'll take my genital wart over that anyday!

Knowing this opens up ethical questions, though. Do you tell someone this kind of thing? Given that most people already have it, I'm wondering if most people just go in covered or have "the talk". Maybe I'll start looking for vaccinated women.